Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Mar 1, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #691 of 957
Got them, here's my brief review:
The XE200PRO sound very "full" but a bit sharp. The bass is outstanding in its clarity and it goes low enough. I expected higher separation and better details but the brightness of the XE200PRO makes up for it a bit. The stage is a bit narrow.
Unluckily, there's a very noticable differences in the sound between R and L. The right earphone sounds a lot weaker on certain frequency ranges, especially bass, which ruins the whole sound image and makes it rather annoying.
I really like their bass, but I still prefer my R02 in terms of SQ.
Seems like I will be contacting Thomas for a refund over this (another) defective set.
Here ends my short relationship with Xears, too bad I didn't enjoy it much.

Sent from my iPhone

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #692 of 957
I'm wondering if anyone has seen Thomas online recently, this is my third day of regularly checking the website because I want to get my broken XGF500's replaced but he's not responding to my e-mail or coming online on the live-chat.

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #693 of 957

Quote:
Got them, here's my brief review:
The XE200PRO sound very "full" but a bit sharp.

Exactly what I found.

Quote:
Unluckily, there's a very noticable differences in the sound between R and L. The right earphone sounds a lot weaker on certain frequency ranges, especially bass, which ruins the whole sound image and makes it rather annoying.

Same issue but haven't asked for replacement yet.

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #696 of 957
Hey guys I am looking for a pair of Zears IEMs. I mainly listen to deadmau5, chillstep,dubstep ect. some songs do have some vocals
any suggestions?

I have AD700s, but they are for home use. I would like something like them but more bass for a ipod

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #699 of 957
8 Euros standard, worldwide shipping. I got mine in Singapore probably about 6-8 days after ordering? I'm still highly impressed by my TD4, the clarity is way better than the 3 other budget iems that I have owned - some cheap sony, Crossroads Mylarone X3i, Nuforce NE-6.

After burning in, sound stage and separation has expanded significantly, far better than the NE-6 and probably close to the Mylarone (based on memory). Bass is tight, but not extremely strong. Still plenty for me, and I can revert to my NE-6 if I am craving a bass hit.

Mar 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #700 of 957
Hey, I just got the 30E deal through groupon. 

I was wondering what pair of xears would the professionals here recommend from the current lineup? http://www.xears.com/produkte

What would be the best sounding / best build quality pair from the current models? I don't care about the looks at all, I just want them to last long enough, as I have had really bad luck with my IEMs so far.

I don't like dominating basses and I enjoy a large soundstage a lot - I like this feeling of being "in the crowd" that some headphones are able to deliver.

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #701 of 957
Been waiting for over 5 days to recieve an answer from Thomas about the refund, after I sent him the images with the earphones destroyed. (which he asked for)
I'm now left without my earphones and my money, seems like Thomas is gone

Sent from my iPhone

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #702 of 957

Quote:
How are their shipping? I live in Australian and they are all the way in germany so yeah..

I was waiting for about 10 days to WA

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #703 of 957
Who was saying that XRS330 = Ultraphile?

I have both and they don't sound the same, Ultraphile has a lot of bass compared to XRS330!

Thomas also told me that it is not just a different casing, drivers are also different!

PS : I received a replacement earphone to france, fast shipping for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back