Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Jan 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #631 of 957

Quote:
Looking at your sig you rate the eterna over both?  Was very tempted, they have it @ Frogbeats for £42.

Yes I prefer the Eterna over both. I think the Eterna is very well my favourite sub $100 IEM. It's sound signature is just so unique. 

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #632 of 957
A quick post to thank all the people in this thread: I was looking for a pair of reasonably priced, good sounding IEMs and settled on the Ultraphiles, 28€ shipped from ebay. I received them this morning, and testing them connected to my amp (tube hybrid) they do sound pretty good, with tight bass, good overall balance, and a slightly subdued treble which I like.

They can't compare to the full-size phones I use, but they are more than good enough for listening on the go especially for less than 30€ shipped. Now I'm waiting for the cable to break so that I can recable them with Mogami miniquad. :D

Jan 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #634 of 957
once they updated from version 3 to 4, 3 is usually not available anymore but 4 should be the same as 3

Quote:
Does anybody know where I can buy the TDIII? I've looked everywhere online but cant seem to find any \= if anybody knows where please share, it would be much appreciated.

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #635 of 957
A few days ago I emailed them asking about the TD-III. I had seen it for half the price on the Dutch site. They said it was currently unavailable. They offered me the Xtreme Pro XT2 for the same price (€40 / $51), or the new TD4 model, also with a 50% discount for €50 ($68).

I am still thinking about this offer though after reading about the problems some people have experienced. The driver flex, broken drivers, broken housings. Any opinions on this? My other option is the Soundmagic E10. I do like bass in my music, so that kind of narrowed it down really easy.

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #636 of 957
For such a high price i won't buy them. When they were €30 it was reasonable, now the best option would be the ultraphile or perhaps some other brands. About the build quality ye sometimes it sucks, but xears usually gives you a new pair if you just take a pic of your broken IEM with the cables cut. I had mine replaced within 3 days.

Quote:
A few days ago I emailed them asking about the TD-III. I had seen it for half the price on the Dutch site. They said it was currently unavailable. They offered me the Xtreme Pro XT2 for the same price (€40 / $51), or the new TD4 model, also with a 50% discount for €50 ($68).

I am still thinking about this offer though after reading about the problems some people have experienced. The driver flex, broken drivers, broken housings. Any opinions on this? My other option is the Soundmagic E10. I do like bass in my music, so that kind of narrowed it down really easy.

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #637 of 957

Quote:
For such a high price i won't buy them. When they were €30 it was reasonable, now the best option would be the ultraphile or perhaps some other brands. About the build quality ye sometimes it sucks, but xears usually gives you a new pair if you just take a pic of your broken IEM with the cables cut. I had mine replaced within 3 days.

I agree that when the coupon used to be in effect, they were a pretty good deal for the sound they produced. But now that they're more expensive, they don't seem to have the edge in the price category anymore. However, I do still really like my TD III V2 and wish that I could get another pair. I don't use them all that much because of how many IEMs I own, but the housing is showing signs of wear so QC is still an issue. 

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #638 of 957

Quote:

I strongly advise against the XT2, and I totally agree with above.  There are so many reports of broken casings, imbalace issues, and dead earphones I don't think they are worth the full asking price when you consider the competitors products that are very well made.   Xears only redemption is good customer service, you will have no problems getting a replacement should they break. 

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #639 of 957
Thanks for the replies. This makes my choice a lot easier, I'll just go with the Soundmagics then. Should they break, I can always get a new pair considering how low their price is.
smile.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #640 of 957
Well, if you prefer sound quality go Xears, if you prefer Quality Control go Soundmagic. But this depends of the models. My Xears TD100 (V1) still rocking after years. And nothing compares to the Xears C100iP, for example, in terms of sound quality below 150€ (I prefer them to the Sennheiser IE8 - C100iP only - haven't heard the XE200PRO yet which seems to be even better from reviews).

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #642 of 957

Quote:
Well, if you prefer sound quality go Xears, if you prefer Quality Control go Soundmagic. But this depends of the models. My Xears TD100 (V1) still rocking after years. And nothing compares to the Xears C100iP, for example, in terms of sound quality below 150€ (I prefer them to the Sennheiser IE8 - C100iP only - haven't heard the XE200PRO yet which seems to be even better from reviews).

I disagree with that....can't you get the GR07 for less than 150 Euro?  Just going through jokers thread he would rate numerous IEM's above Xears that come in under 150Euro....Fischer Audio?

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #643 of 957
I owned a XSR330 Pro months ago and the build quality is a shame for IEM at 100 $
After 2 months they were breaking

Xears is a first IEM bought (only good with coupon) but if your looking for a minimum built quality and a good sound quality try another one.
I know use the Brainwavz B2 and they sounds just excellent and much more detailed than Xears for without coupon the same range of price (120$)

I'm disapointing of Xears

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #644 of 957
Just got my ultraphiles.

First impressions: driver flex on the left driver, quite a narrow soundstage. Highs and mids are clear, bass a little on the heavy side for me, even with low EQs. Didn't expect the soundstage to be this narrow actually, but still quite satisfied. Hopefuly the driver flex will lessen.

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #645 of 957

Quote:
I disagree with that....can't you get the GR07 for less than 150 Euro?  Just going through jokers thread he would rate numerous IEM's above Xears that come in under 150Euro....Fischer Audio?

Of course you disagree with that. lol (nuckin troller) 

But I forgot the GR07. So lets put "below 100 Euro".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back