Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Dec 25, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #601 of 957

Quote:
Well, ordered a set from Xears about a month and a half ago and haven't received anything.  The german tracking site apparently only tracks to the US, because that's the only information I've been able to find.  I emailed Thomas several times, he told me to go to the post office and see if anything was there (there wasn't, I went twice) and then he just stopped responding to my emails.  I don't know what to do at this point.  When you all received your packages you had to sign for them correct?  if so, it should be pretty easy to see that I have not received anything.  Ugh.

I did not have to sign for my package when I received them since they were basically sent through letter mail. FYI, that was in an apartment building.

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #602 of 957

Quote:
Well, ordered a set from Xears about a month and a half ago and haven't received anything.  The german tracking site apparently only tracks to the US, because that's the only information I've been able to find.  I emailed Thomas several times, he told me to go to the post office and see if anything was there (there wasn't, I went twice) and then he just stopped responding to my emails.  I don't know what to do at this point.  When you all received your packages you had to sign for them correct?  if so, it should be pretty easy to see that I have not received anything.  Ugh.

I was taking a shower when the package came so they left me a note saying they needed a signature, and I had to go to the post office and sign to get the iems. I'm on the east coast and my iems took about 2 weeks to receive.

Jan 1, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #603 of 957
Argh, XGF500PRO broke again in a month! Can't believe it! Thankfully Thomas is still decent as usual.

I remember a few months back Thomas said he spent a large sum on packaging, photography, quality control, design etc, it seems it's starting to feed through? I see a new website design!

EDIT: TD4s? http://xears.com/produkte/xearsr-turbo-devices-td4-black-ebony-wood-edition

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #606 of 957
Got a replacement for my broken TD-III's a couple weeks ago, after several weeks of using the A330's it was like being reunited with an old friend. I ended up liking the A330's for what they do, shameless bass with no regard for other frequencies. They're muddy and sluggish, but together with the J3's EQ they're monsters in the bass department.

Other than that the cord is pretty shoddy, bundles of wire started cutting their way out of it after just a couple of weeks and within 2 months one side cut out. Instead of sending them in I decided to solder on a new jack myself. Now I listen to both depending on the mood I'm in, but there's no question that the TD-III's are much more accurate and overall more enjoyable for a broad range of music.

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #607 of 957
I'm waiting as well.  I will be ashamed to ask Thomas another pair if the replacement ultraphiles broke too :)

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #612 of 957
Jan 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #613 of 957

Quote:

These are cheap indeed, wonder if they really have the same drivers or just the same casing?
Will probably order the XMPRO-alike ones from DX.

Edit: these actually have a mic too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back