Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Nov 5, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #466 of 957
Hi. Could those who listened to ultraphiles give some information about comfort, please? Does angled jack do anything positive? Thanks.

Nov 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #470 of 957

Quote:
The Ultraphile's however have a different soundsignature from the XSR330's.

Just received the XE200PRO Walnut edition. Very impressive indeed.

Personal rating:

1 - XE200PRO
2 - TDIII V2
3 - TDII (soundsigature very similar to the TDIII)
4 - Ultraphile
5 - XSR330PRO

I can highly recommend the first 3.

How high would you rate the differences between the earphones, especially between the XE200Pro, the TDIII V2 and the Ultraphile? I assume you recieved the walnut version of the first one?

Nov 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #473 of 957

Quote:
The Ultraphiles don't have an angled jack. Comfort is okay, but if you like to wear them 'over the ear' I would not choose the Ultraphiles.

Yeah I meant nozzles, not the jack :) I like to wear my iems over the ear but if they are comfortable straight down, then no need to change. By the way, I get uncomfortable while extended listening when iems inserted too deep. That's why, I like cks70s because they don't go that deep and they have angled nozzles as well. Can ultraphiles also be worn without inserting too deep?

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #476 of 957

btw, I want to trade my TDIII v2 for an XE200, anyone? (see link in sig)
I was originally going for the XE200 but they just ran out of the Blackwood version so I got the TDII instead.

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #477 of 957
Just wondering if you had to decide between the TD III and the XE200, which would you choose? How do either of those compare with R03/M2? I'm looking for some new IEMs to replace my R01s. I listen to mostly rock-some lighter metal, and am unsure of which to choose. I have always been a bass head (more of a sub-bass head really) but at the same time I am curious how natural the timbre is on all of these. Any reccomendations?

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #478 of 957
Xears N3i , XE200PRO or TD-III V2 ?
I need a new IEM to use with my iPhone 4, want good bass and crispy mids and highs. I like bass but it should not be too ''overwhelming''.
I mostly listen to pop, hip-hop, electronica and country.
So which would be the best one for me?

Help will be apprecited..... :)

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #479 of 957

Quote:
Xears N3i , XE200PRO or TD-III V2 ?
I need a new IEM to use with my iPhone 4, want good bass and crispy mids and highs. I like bass but it should not be too ''overwhelming''.
I mostly listen to pop, hip-hop, electronica and country.
So which would be the best one for me?

Help will be apprecited..... :)

I've only heard (and own) the N3i and XE200PROs, so I can only comment on those.  For your IEM preference, I would say the XE200s will suite you better.  However, for the genres the N3is should suit you better.  I honestly would say that the XE200s would be a better fit for you though (personal sound preference > genre needs; in my opinion).

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #480 of 957

Quote:

How high would you rate the differences between the earphones, especially between the XE200Pro, the TDIII V2 and the Ultraphile? I assume you recieved the walnut version of the first one?

The soundsignature of the XE200PRO Walnut, TDIII and TDII are kind of similar, the Ultraphile is totally different (with flat EQ). The latter lacks in the higher frequencies. It's also less detailed. I found that tweaking the EQ (in particular the 4k range) helps. The build quality seems okay.

A nice aluminum 'splitter':  http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/img1810ko.jpg/

The jackplug: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/img1814be.jpg/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back