Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Nov 12, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #496 of 957
Dang, my XGF500PROs broke after 2 months? That's pretty poor, never had any IEMs break within 2 months. Even my TD-IIIs (v1) lasted 8 months and they were s upposed to be poor quality!

Nov 12, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #497 of 957

Quote:

Do you even own the other devices? I don't agree with your advice. I also listen to pop, hip-hop and electro and love how the TDIII handles the songs. If you don't mind that the housings are big, buy the xe200pro OR N3i. If you like small housings buy the TDIII. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Yes I own almost all blackwood models from Xears. I've xe200pro, n3i, td-ii, td-iii v2 and the new xsr (not blackwood model).

Nov 12, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #498 of 957
Hey have you guys made warranty claims before from Xears?

Sent an email to Thomas, but he told me to cut the cable and flatten the shells and send him a photo and then they'll send me a new one? Did any of you have to do this?

Thanks!

Nov 12, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #499 of 957
Yup, it's similar to what he told me to do with the XGF500PRO, he told me to flatten the shells with a hammer and send him a photo.

With my TD-III and XSR330PRO I had to just cut up the wires.

I've bought TD-IIIs, XE200PROs, Xi200PROs, 2x XSR330PRO and XGF500PRO. That's 6 IEMs from Xears in total and 3 of them had had problems :frowning2: I think the warranty and SQ at the price make up for it though.

Nov 12, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #500 of 957

Quote:
Yup, it's similar to what he told me to do with the XGF500PRO, he told me to flatten the shells with a hammer and send him a photo.

With my TD-III and XSR330PRO I had to just cut up the wires.

I've bought TD-IIIs, XE200PROs, Xi200PROs, 2x XSR330PRO and XGF500PRO. That's 6 IEMs from Xears in total and 3 of them had had problems :frowning2: I think the warranty and SQ at the price make up for it though.

The SQ for the price is insane, I think. I'd still buy these if it cost an extra $20 if they were of superior quality. I would recommend these to everyone if they lasted longer.
The progress of the mid tier IEMs are just awesome to watch. I don't think the 2:1 performance ratio of headphone vs IEMs apply anymore. There's no way headphones of half the price can compete with the IEMs from Xears, Brainwavz, MEElectronics, Fischer Audio.....etc.

Quote:
Hey have you guys made warranty claims before from Xears?

Sent an email to Thomas, but he told me to cut the cable and flatten the shells and send him a photo and then they'll send me a new one? Did any of you have to do this?

Thanks!

I had to cut my cables too. I do feel bad that he has to send so many replacements but then again, he should enforce better quality control.

Nov 13, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #504 of 957
tried the Td with sony hybrids:
isolation 1+
but also the 'cracking' sound +2, got even worse, and now on both sides!

and thomas says it's NORMAL ??? never had that effect with other iems

im' not saying they sound bad, cause they not. the sound is very good but they are just useless. sorry xears

Nov 14, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #509 of 957
Quote:
tried the Td with sony hybrids:
isolation 1+
but also the 'cracking' sound +2, got even worse, and now on both sides!

and thomas says it's NORMAL ??? never had that effect with other iems

im' not saying they sound bad, cause they not. the sound is very good but they are just useless. sorry xears

It is annoying but only when you put them in, once in there should be no issue.  I had driver flex with both the XT2 and XSR, the XT2 only had it in one ear and probably the reason they were unbalanced.

Quote:
just no xears pls! 
bright signature. dont care about little bass. and nice mids/vocals

Not personally tried them but M2 are supposed to be spot on for vocals.  Or spend a bit more and try RE0/ZERO?

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #510 of 957

Quote:
Quote:

It is annoying but only when you put them in, once in there should be no issue.  I had driver flex with both the XT2 and XSR, the XT2 only had it in one ear and probably the reason they were unbalanced.

Not personally tried them but M2 are supposed to be spot on for vocals.  Or spend a bit more and try RE0/ZERO?

I wouldn't call M2 a bright signature though. 
+1 for RE0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back