XDUoo XD05PRO
Feb 4, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #1,381 of 2,405
It's great out of box (speaking of 3m experience). Frankly speaking ESS is the best dac on this device, but the fact that I can chang the dac on the go makes it more appealing. I usually change the chip once every two weeks. As to the op amps of you aren't into it they are good. I think many manufacturers use opa1612 so it is common sound signature for lots of devices. Although if you are into changing stuff it is superb option as like the that you can change sound signature on the go. Currently using the Burr Brown OP2228P imho they are better than stock opa1612 and burson v5i, better soundstage, better separation and much warmer (burson are too bright for me). Also I think the overall appearance of the xd05pro is kick ass. So if none of the above is appealing to you - you might found something cheaper or "easier".
cant find the burr browns you named online. does anyone know a source? preferably from europe

Feb 4, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #1,382 of 2,405
cant find the burr browns you named online. does anyone know a source? preferably from europe
You can find most of the DIP-8 op-amps here in the EU - https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/opa-c-374.html
Just make sure to check the dimensions. The big vertical op-amps don't fit in the XD05Pro.

For the Bursons, this is the one you need - https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/opa/...mp-v5i-dual-opa-hybrid-dip8-pair-p-13152.html
This is far cheaper than buying 2 of them individually.

A note of warning though. In all the op-amps I tried, the Bursons have the highest noise. Depending on your headphones/IEMs you might hear some hissing when listening to tracks with silence.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #1,383 of 2,405
You can find most of the DIP-8 op-amps here in the EU - https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/opa-c-374.html
Just make sure to check the dimensions. The big vertical op-amps don't fit in the XD05Pro.

For the Bursons, this is the one you need - https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/opa/...mp-v5i-dual-opa-hybrid-dip8-pair-p-13152.html
This is far cheaper than buy 2 of them individually.

A note of warning though. In all the op-amps I tried, the Bursons have the highest noise. Depending on your headphones/IEMs you might hear some hissing when listening to tracks with silence.
thank you for advice! Since my headphone collection leans towards treble roll off, i wont use my iems with this one and i only listen at extremely low volumes only, i dont think noise would ever become a problem for me.

Feb 5, 2024 at 6:47 AM Post #1,384 of 2,405
What happened in the end, did you fix the issue?
Sorry guys, was offline last week.

Managed to talk to a Xudoo support rep, and he commented it s most likely a display problem. 2 options available, 1. sending back to China to get it fixed, 2. he sends me a display and let me DIY.

Asked him whether there s any video instruction but they have already left for the Chinese New Year holiday. So will have to wait another 2 weeks for update.

Will report back if hv any progress...

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #1,385 of 2,405
Sorry guys, was offline last week.

Managed to talk to a Xudoo support rep, and he commented it s most likely a display problem. 2 options available, 1. sending back to China to get it fixed, 2. he sends me a display and let me DIY.

Asked him whether there s any video instruction but they have already left for the Chinese New Year holiday. So will have to wait another 2 weeks for update.

Will report back if hv any progress...
At least you didn't have to record videos? :sweat_smile: When living in Singapore shipping to China shouldn't be that expensive.

Feb 6, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #1,386 of 2,405
Hey all two questions. My unit has stopped charging and won’t turn on in battery mode. Works fine in desktop mode. Anyone have an issue with the battery or suggestions? And does anyone have a li k to the manual for this device?

Feb 6, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #1,387 of 2,405
Hey all two questions. My unit has stopped charging and won’t turn on in battery mode. Works fine in desktop mode. Anyone have an issue with the battery or suggestions? And does anyone have a li k to the manual for this device?
if i remember correctly, there was a user experiencing this a couple of pages before. did you already try a factory reset? its also descibed how to do in this thread.

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #1,390 of 2,405
A very interesting combination.
1707235610941.png

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #1,393 of 2,405
Do you use XD05PRO as an amp here with DC Elite 4.4 connected to it? 🤔 I am sure that this combination (with DC-Elite ROHM)sounds better than Xduoo ROHM dac module.
I can't rate it because I didn't have the ROHM module from Xduoo (but I'm sure it's better). Actually, I pasted this post here a bit accidentally, because I wrote something by mistake that related to another thread (and I have no idea whether I should delete my post here, so I edited it). Either way, I'll take the opportunity: this little green thimble is the best audio purchase as far as I'm concerned. The point is not that xd05 pro + sparkos is worse, but I would have a huge problem if I had to choose only one of them. Not only because of SQ, because the differences in SQ between them are inversely proportional to their size. In terms of SQ, they are really close to each other.

Feb 6, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #1,394 of 2,405
Do you use XD05PRO as an amp here with DC Elite 4.4 connected to it? 🤔 I am sure that this combination (with DC-Elite ROHM)sounds better than Xduoo ROHM dac module.
I have the Dx320 which was their first flagship with the ROHM DAC and I can tell you the XD05Pro with the ESS DAC is way better in every way (at least to my ears).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back