XDUoo XD05PRO
Jan 28, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #1,351 of 2,296
Depending on the op-amp and gain, it might be a bad idea to use a leather case anyway, unless someone decides to make a leather case with a fully open back. The device can get pretty hot.

Also for new buyers, don’t forget to install the 3m rubber feet (comes in the box) underneath to allow some airflow and a bit cooler operation.

How about this one? There are punched holes on the bottom.
If it's not enough, I think you can ask them to make a customized version with fully open bottom.

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #1,354 of 2,296
Have you noticed that the DAC module heats up?
yeah i do.. because i try both ESS and AKM to suit my sound preference... only 15min (TURBO MODE) each dac, then immediately swap it.. thats why i notice the dac module heats up.. but if u guys only use in eco and normal mode, the dac not heat that much

u can try thermal pad if thermal paste looks messy.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #1,355 of 2,296
Hi folks,
My.display showed this to me last week, and since then the front display is gone.
Screenshot_20240129_125438_Gallery.jpg
The player still can produce sound, and the volume dial display still works. But now I m like using the XD05PRO like a blind man.

Anybody has encountered this before?
Is Xudoo support my only option? I got my unit from Taobao direct.

Tks for all input in advance..

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #1,356 of 2,296
Hi folks,
My.display showed this to me last week, and since then the front display is gone.
Screenshot_20240129_125438_Gallery.jpg
The player still can produce sound, and the volume dial display still works. But now I m like using the XD05PRO like a blind man.

Anybody has encountered this before?
Is Xudoo support my only option? I got my unit from Taobao direct.

Tks for all input in advance..
Try factory reset the device and also contact xDuoo support.

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #1,358 of 2,296
It’s a bit hard to do factory reset without seeing anything, don’t you think ? :wink:
Not really, we can help him, by telling the steps to make. For now i am not close to unit, but in the morning, from what i remember, i pressed menu button for 3 seconds and then move volume wheel once to the left and got to reset. Dunno now what is the 3'ed move, maybe just confirm.
If you are close to your unit, maybe you can help.

Jan 29, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #1,359 of 2,296
Not really, we can help him, by telling the steps to make. For now i am not close to unit, but in the morning, from what i remember, i pressed menu button for 3 seconds and then move volume wheel once to the left and got to reset. Dunno now what is the 3'ed move, maybe just confirm.
If you are close to your unit, maybe you can help.
Really need a step by step procedure to try to reset it.
Practically 100% visual impaired now....

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #1,360 of 2,296
Really need a step by step procedure to try to reset it.
Practically 100% visual impaired now....
Press Menu button for 2 - 3 seconds
Turn the Volume wheel to left once
Press Input button for confirmation once
Turn the Volume wheel to right once

You need to be a little quick, cause the Menu disappears fast.

Jan 29, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #1,361 of 2,296
Press Menu button for 2 - 3 seconds
Turn the Volume wheel to left once
Turn the Volume wheel to right once

You need to be a little quick, cause the Menu disappears fast.
Appreciate much for your help mate.
Just want to clarify one minor issue. When u mention turning the volume wheel left or right once, do you mean one "click" only?

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #1,365 of 2,296
hi, do you use ext mode?

i tried 3 charger handphone for use ext mode (asus, xiaomi, huawei).. there is 1 charger give a lot of hiss when i use it.
i also use PD modul to force 12v..
1706146057591.jpeg1706146169303.png
but it didnt work at all, because when i switch mode (eco, normal, turbo), i always got UNLINK from my source (PC).. to fix it i must switch from ext to batt, then switch back to ext mode to make my xduoo LINK again to my PC.

then i order 12V3A DC adaptor to use as power supply in ext mode.. no hiss at all, now i can switch mode eco,normal,turbo without encounter UNLINK problem again.
1706145940325.png1706146133123.png
I have low noise power supply from Rod Rain with 2x 12V barrel connection and also one barrel to usb C adapter. That works great with my Xduoo XD05-pro.
I did plug in a barrel to USB C cable and it worked, but it got very hot on the USB C end, you could not touch the USB C connector without getting almost burned. So that seems to be dangerous. but with the (in the right picture shown) barrel to USB C connector it works and is not getting hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back