XDUoo XD05PRO
Jan 21, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #1,321 of 2,405
Hmm .. It’s hard to say what is causing it. Next week I have some days off work so I can try a few things from my side too.

One thing I’ve noticed that everyone having this problem is using a DAP as a source ? I have a few DAPs and will check this. I’ve always used PC as the source, which is why I bought this.

Question: After PROTECT appears what happens, do you have to reset the device or something ?
After PROTECT i just power off and then power back on, using the power button.

Jan 21, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #1,322 of 2,405
I was just thinking. Playing with a DAP as a source, the bitrate changes for each song as these Chi-Fi DAPs do bit perfect audio output. Some DAPs even have a default very high Bitrate in between switching before identifying the correct bitrate.

Not sure if this is what is causing the PROTECT ? For me, with PC as source bitrate is constant as Windows doesn’t have bitperfect output. If my theory is correct the PROTECT would appear at the beginning of a song.
With Shanling EC mini CD player, i used cd playback at 44.1KHz .

Jan 21, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #1,323 of 2,405
It is definitely a bit rate issue mine now goes into protection after I play the same playlist and when it hits that song that's it. Now I just have figure out what song and what bit rate it is.

Yes only happens when I use either DAP as a transport and not connected directly through balanced that's how I know it's not a op amp or DAC card install issue.

XDUOO needs to fix this and stop dening the problem exists!

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #1,324 of 2,405
It is definitely a bit rate issue mine now goes into protection after I play the same playlist and when it hits that song that's it. Now I just have figure out what song and what bit rate it is.

Yes only happens when I use either DAP as a transport and not connected directly through balanced that's how I know it's not a op amp or DAC card install issue.

XDUOO needs to fix this and stop dening the problem exists!
After changing to ROHM DAC , no PROTECT mode so far and i am at song no. 15 from CD. 1 more song to go.

Jan 21, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #1,325 of 2,405
I was just thinking. Playing with a DAP as a source, the bitrate changes for each song as these Chi-Fi DAPs do bit perfect audio output. Some DAPs even have a default very high Bitrate in between switching before identifying the correct bitrate.

Not sure if this is what is causing the PROTECT ? For me, with PC as source bitrate is constant as Windows doesn’t have bitperfect output. If my theory is correct the PROTECT would appear at the beginning of a song.

I use it with playlists that contain PCM and DSD songs with often different frequencies and bit depths, and this has never happened to me so far, whether connected via USB or SPDIF.

However, my USB source is the smartphone (and not the DAP) while the SPDIF source is the WIIM.

Jan 23, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #1,327 of 2,405
Testing with the different options that this Xduoo xd05 Pro gives us…ESS-AKM-ROHM___V5i-D….

IMG_1494.jpegIMG_1495.jpegIMG_1496.jpegIMG_1497.jpegIMG_1498.jpegIMG_1499.jpegIMG_1500.jpegIMG_1501.jpegIMG_1502.jpegIMG_1503.jpegIMG_1504.jpegIMG_1505.jpegIMG_1506.jpegIMG_1507.jpeg

At least it's very entertaining…Like LEGO :beyersmile:

Best Regards..

Sisco

Jan 24, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #1,331 of 2,405
Does that noise appear only when using XD05PRO with iems? I'm using V5i-D all the time in my XD05PRO with all my headphones and don"t hear any noise at all 🤔
I have many iems—RN6,Z1R,MMk3,Penon4,Advar,Xelento,FH7,Trifecta…..-only a very , very light hiss with Trifecta..and nothing with headphones.-

best regards

Sisco

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #1,332 of 2,405
I have many iems—RN6,Z1R,MMk3,Penon4,Advar,Xelento,FH7,Trifecta…..-only a very , very light hiss with Trifecta..and nothing with headphones.-

best regards

Sisco
Similar for me. Only slight hiss with Multiverse Mentor, no hiss with the other IEMs and Headphones.

Jan 24, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #1,333 of 2,405
Does that noise appear only when using XD05PRO with iems? I'm using V5i-D all the time in my XD05PRO with all my headphones and don"t hear any noise at all 🤔
When I tried with some of the IEMs, yes there was a lot of noise (I'm not picky btw, the hiss is loud enough to notice on sensitive IEMs) and I immediately ordered the Sparkos, installed them as soon as they arrived and haven't looked back.

For me, the lowest noise are the stock OPA1612s, followed closely by the Sparkos. When it comes to sound, Sparkos all the way ! It does everything better than the Bursons in my comparison. Burson has a very slightly elevated bass. Sparkos has plenty of low-end too and I'm a bass lover.

Jan 24, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #1,334 of 2,405
When I tried with some of the IEMs, yes there was a lot of noise (I'm not picky btw, the hiss is loud enough to notice on sensitive IEMs) and I immediately ordered the Sparkos, installed them as soon as they arrived and haven't looked back.

For me, the lowest noise are the stock OPA1612s, followed closely by the Sparkos. When it comes to sound, Sparkos all the way ! It does everything better than the Bursons in my comparison. Burson has a very slightly elevated bass. Sparkos has plenty of low-end too and I'm a bass lover.
hi, do you use ext mode?

i tried 3 charger handphone for use ext mode (asus, xiaomi, huawei).. there is 1 charger give a lot of hiss when i use it.
i also use PD modul to force 12v..
1706146057591.jpeg
1706146169303.png

but it didnt work at all, because when i switch mode (eco, normal, turbo), i always got UNLINK from my source (PC).. to fix it i must switch from ext to batt, then switch back to ext mode to make my xduoo LINK again to my PC.

then i order 12V3A DC adaptor to use as power supply in ext mode.. no hiss at all, now i can switch mode eco,normal,turbo without encounter UNLINK problem again.
1706145940325.png
1706146133123.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back