xDuoo XD05 Plus: an interesting update
Dec 17, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #16 of 81
Most Android phones do not output bit perfect right out of the box. You have to use USB Audio Player Plus. (UAPP) to get bit perfect audio to a USB DAC from Android.
it seems many people are too focus on numbers than in trusting ones ears. It seems most minds are focus on finding faults. I have been using UAPP for years and just cause its bit perfect does not mean its sounding better than the other music apps.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #17 of 81
it seems many people are too focus on numbers than in trusting ones ears. It seems most minds are focus on finding faults. I have been using UAPP for years and just cause its bit perfect does not mean its sounding better than the other music apps.

That might be true but I was just trying to explain why his XD05 plus kept saying 192.

Dec 17, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #19 of 81
Yeah i think my Note 10 outputs 48khz. Once I got the paid version of UAPP the bit depth / rate changed based on the file. I'm using Tidal hifi w MQA on and iFi xDSD. UAPP also shows the bit rate of the files being played.

Dec 17, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #20 of 81
Yeah i think my Note 10 outputs 48khz. Once I got the paid version of UAPP the bit depth / rate changed based on the file. I'm using Tidal hifi w MQA on and iFi xDSD. UAPP also shows the bit rate of the files being played.

Okay, so we have the Note outputting 48khz, the S5 44khz, and the A50 192khz.
What the f is Samsung doing? :)

Dec 18, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #23 of 81
Noticed something which sucks. I heard a story that you can only use the usb-c to c cable which Xduoo provides, you can't use aftermarket cables.

I didn't believe this story and i just bought an aftermarket usb-c to c cable but omg, it indeed doesn't work.
xDuoo did something to the pin layout.
OMG.

Edit: you will need this otg adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Basesailor-T...otg+adapter&qid=1576446929&sprefix=otg&sr=8-7

and a usb A to C cable to your phone.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #24 of 81
Dec 18, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #25 of 81
Check out this thread. I just found it today and messed around with it. I still use UAPP for Tidal but podcasts and other stuff this is good info to have.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ana...-measurements-on-galaxy-note-8-exynos.873550/

Well, in my case (Samsung A50 phone) it seems that UHQ is always on and i can't put it off (like i said earlier it always sends 192khz to the xDuoo).
The toggle on the UHQ setting in the Samsung menu doesn't change anything, the xDuoo display keeps telling the incoming signal is 192khz wether the UHQ toggle is on or off.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #26 of 81
Noticed something which sucks. I heard a story that you can only use the usb-c to c cable which Xduoo provides, you can't use aftermarket cables.

I didn't believe this story and i just bought an aftermarket usb-c to c cable but omg, it indeed doesn't work.
xDuoo did something to the pin layout.
OMG.

Edit: you will need this otg adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Basesailor-T...otg+adapter&qid=1576446929&sprefix=otg&sr=8-7

and a usb A to C cable to your phone.

Received the otg adapter and can confirm it works and you can use aftermarket cables now.
It still sucks though, there is an adapter hanging on the phone now. No problem with desktop use but on the go you'll definately need the bluetooth device.

Dec 20, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #27 of 81
Received the otg adapter and can confirm it works and you can use aftermarket cables now.
It still sucks though, there is an adapter hanging on the phone now. No problem with desktop use but on the go you'll definately need the bluetooth device.

I think USB-C OTG cables should become more common as more devices take advantage of them. I don't think this is a case of Xduoo proprietary, but more being on the leading edge of the curve for that tech.

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #28 of 81
I think USB-C OTG cables should become more common as more devices take advantage of them. I don't think this is a case of Xduoo proprietary, but more being on the leading edge of the curve for that tech.

I don't see the point in changing the pin lay out of the standard usb-c socket so people have to buy an extra OTG adapter to make it work with aftermarket cables.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #29 of 81
Been toying around with this amp for a couple of weeks, I’m totally happy with its dac capabilities, today I received the Bluetooth dongle, paired with my Apple TV and damn... so happy, love how low latency is with this pairing, power it’s quite amazing on this, overall I can’t complain about this device, figured out that it didn’t work with usb c to usb c since my iPad charger didn’t work, have been using with the usb a to c cable that came with the hiby and A converter to c when requiered.

will definitely sell my d50 and atom, portability in this device is the main reason I like it so much. Hope that battery life length doesn’t diminish so fast. So fast it has surprised me a lot, Pulling so much power with a battery it’s quite outstanding (like the hiby r6 pro and the cayin n6II

I can’t recommend enough this piece of equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back