xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Jun 12, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #181 of 569
Spent some time listening via BT today. It was the first time really since I got the unit, as I've just been tied to my desk recently so not much use for BT.

The amp pretty much immediately recognized my phone and paired without me having to do anything when I switched it to BT input. Nice.

Playing flac files using LDAC out of my Samsung Galaxy S8 and damn does it sound good. I doubt that I could tell the difference between that and running USB straight out of my PC.

Jun 13, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #182 of 569
Anyone can comment on XD05 BAL vs MOJO?
I've the Mojo and looking to an upgrade. The XD05 Bal seems very interesting.
Also really interested in this comparison. It won't make much of a difference to me now, but I was considering waiting for the Mojo2, then thought about just the Mojo before finally pulling the trigger on the XDuoo.

Definitely no regrets, but never got a chance to listen to the Mojo, so looking forward to your impressions.

COMPARISON
Xduoo XD-05 Balanced vs Chord Mojo 2

Nothing much to say. Xduoo oblitarates Chord completely. Swallows in one piece. Mojo 2 is huge disappointment, given its high price, much worse specs and ridiculously high price of Polly. Xduoo is better in every possible aspect. Bass has stronger impact, better extension, midrange is also more detailed, while being organic, natural. Soundstage is way bigger, dynamics are better, imaging is better, treble has better resolution. In general, Chord sounds just muddy comparing them A/B, muddy not meaning dark sounding, but just worse.

We used two pairs of HD600 with two Windows/Tidal config, playing the same tracks at the same time, switching fast between one and another to catch differences clearly. Next, we also tested them on single pairs of headphones like HD660, Final Audio Pandora Hope and GoldPlanar GL2000.

I gained more respect for Xduoo, before I have been so-so confident that it is great device, but now.. I am quite amazed. I am intrigued how it would compete with iFi devices.
Spent some time listening via BT today. It was the first time really since I got the unit, as I've just been tied to my desk recently so not much use for BT.

The amp pretty much immediately recognized my phone and paired without me having to do anything when I switched it to BT input. Nice.

Playing flac files using LDAC out of my Samsung Galaxy S8 and damn does it sound good. I doubt that I could tell the difference between that and running USB straight out of my PC.
I do hear difference between USB and BT. More air between sounds, soundstage size, dynamic range, sometimes treble resolution on some headphones is also giving off signs. Only with some tracks, that should be underlined. Some tracks on Tidal are <990kbps, so with these the difference is sometimes non-existant, but when MQA with ~1600kbps steps in.. then yeah, USB prevails.

Jun 13, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #183 of 569
COMPARISON
Xduoo XD-05 Balanced vs Chord Mojo 2

Nothing much to say. Xduoo oblitarates Chord completely. Swallows in one piece. Mojo 2 is huge disappointment, given its high price, much worse specs and ridiculously high price of Polly. Xduoo is better in every possible aspect. Bass has stronger impact, better extension, midrange is also more detailed, while being organic, natural. Soundstage is way bigger, dynamics are better, imaging is better, treble has better resolution. In general, Chord sounds just muddy comparing them A/B, muddy not meaning dark sounding, but just worse.

We used two pairs of HD600 with two Windows/Tidal config, playing the same tracks at the same time, switching fast between one and another to catch differences clearly. Next, we also tested them on single pairs of headphones like HD660, Final Audio Pandora Hope and GoldPlanar GL2000.

I gained more respect for Xduoo, before I have been so-so confident that it is great device, but now.. I am quite amazed. I am intrigued how it would compete with iFi devices.

I do hear difference between USB and BT. More air between sounds, soundstage size, dynamic range, sometimes treble resolution on some headphones is also giving off signs. Only with some tracks, that should be underlined. Some tracks on Tidal are <990kbps, so with these the difference is sometimes non-existant, but when MQA with ~1600kbps steps in.. then yeah, USB prevails.
Are you using stock opamps to compare with Chord Mojo?😁. I do hear the difference between BT & USB. Lately been using USB dongles ( A&K PEE51 ) for XBal's Aux input for diffrence dac flavor.

Jun 14, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #184 of 569
I received my xDuoo XD05 Bal today. But it has an issue of distortion and noise with HD600. Even with IEMs at loud volumes, I can hear high-pitched voices tearing up. Contacted the seller regarding this. The device also makes relay sounds(kat-kat-kat-kat) at times.

Jun 15, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #185 of 569
I received my xDuoo XD05 Bal today. But it has an issue of distortion and noise with HD600. Even with IEMs at loud volumes, I can hear high-pitched voices tearing up. Contacted the seller regarding this. The device also makes relay sounds(kat-kat-kat-kat) at times.
Relay sounds are normal. When turning on or pulling off/in headphones. Maybe try using different USB cable? Stock cable for me is deffective (lol) and makes ugly distortion which sounds like burning the device. Just every other USB cable works normally. I hope your unit is suffering only from bad cable, not something more serious. Cheers

Jun 16, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #187 of 569
I think im gona roll this soon, they are on summer sale Aliexpress.😁
Screenshot_20210617-100250_Chrome.jpg

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #188 of 569

Who is the Seller in your case?

Jul 1, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #191 of 569
Let me ask - How is the heat?

Unlike the previous model, there is no Vents, this time two 9038Q2M...Instead of a single AKM 4490/93 in earlier.
Having casing in it, nothing unbearable.

Jul 3, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #193 of 569
Thank You for the reply, I'm more concerned about the Device Health & Bulging battery of excessive heat. Operating Ambient Temperature for me will 25'c To 30'c as I belong from Hot-Humid Tropical Country.
Me too along the equator😊.Theres a switches for battery or external. Never charge while in battery mode and you be fine.

Jul 3, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #194 of 569
Me too along the equator😊.Theres a switches for battery or external. Never charge while in battery mode and you be fine.

Also, I like to ask this for a long time as this probably 3rd device with that External Battery Switch - Is this mean this kind of device can be operated without having the battery inside - As the battery went bad after years of usage, User remove that from the body, Connect power bank and used forever...... ?

In this way all those Hi-End Andriod DAP actually worth investing in if the manufacture provides this kind of switch - Right?

Jul 3, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #195 of 569
Also, I like to ask this for a long time as this probably 3rd device with that External Battery Switch - Is this mean this kind of device can be operated without having the battery inside - As the battery went bad after years of usage, User remove that from the body, Connect power bank and used forever...... ?

In this way all those Hi-End Andriod DAP actually worth investing in if the manufacture provides this kind of switch - Right?
Ask for part number of battery from support. Buy a spare if you think it will run out of dates. Else just stick to external USB C power input.

DAP are different with OS and screen running. Most of them are just single USB port.OS limitation for having 2 ports perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back