xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Jun 5, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #168 of 569
I'm surprised seemingly not getting much attention either. I am still using the factory op amps with Sundara on a balanced cable and love this. I've also put in more than 100 hours and while I am not sure I believe there is any burn in improvement, I do know that I have only grown more fond of the XD-05 Bal. Only thing I wish I really wish I could change is swap out the AES for another line in/out, so could have an in and out at the same time, as I have a use for that and no use for AES.

My V4i-D op amps I ordered a month ago look like they may actually get delivered this week and really excited to see how it sounds after I make the swap.

It needed around 2 weeks to burn in those opamps from my end.
+1 I also heard the difference after burn in.

Generally, it is quite soft, neutral, very natural sounding device. It is not very airy, does not have best (I mean high-end) layering, but overall its good enough to accept and live happily with its little flaws.

Jun 6, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #169 of 569
Anyone using their XD05 BAL with 3.5mm digital COAX out on their DAP/Source to the 3.5mm digital COAX input on their XD05 BAL?

Seems like a better digital connection solution than USB and I only have USB or 3.5mm digital COAX out on my FiiO X5III.

Not many cables available, found one on

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971398688.html

Anyway, I don't own the xDuoo yet but any thoughts on this greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #170 of 569
Finally got X10T first gen, will try how the AES performing against USB C ..
Dang! I forgot my AES at home LOL

@BobSmith8901 I wish I had 3.5 coax with me.

Attachments

• IMG_20210607_085356_420.jpg
    IMG_20210607_085356_420.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210607_085412_240.jpg
    IMG_20210607_085412_240.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 0
Jun 8, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #172 of 569
Anyone can comment on XD05 BAL vs MOJO?
I've the Mojo and looking to an upgrade. The XD05 Bal seems very interesting.
My friend nearby has Mojo. I can go visit him.. on friday or saturday, we can make deep analysis on GL2000, M1570, Final Pandora and few others - if you are ok with waiting.. I would visit him especially for you, so.. are ok ok with waiting with your decision until then?

Jun 8, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #174 of 569
My friend nearby has Mojo. I can go visit him.. on friday or saturday, we can make deep analysis on GL2000, M1570, Final Pandora and few others - if you are ok with waiting.. I would visit him especially for you, so.. are ok ok with waiting with your decision until then?
Also really interested in this comparison. It won't make much of a difference to me now, but I was considering waiting for the Mojo2, then thought about just the Mojo before finally pulling the trigger on the XDuoo.

Definitely no regrets, but never got a chance to listen to the Mojo, so looking forward to your impressions.

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #176 of 569
Anyone here used fiio btr5? I'm using it right and I'm thinking whether xduoo Xd-05 bal will be worth the upgrade.
I did, had it with BTR3K and later on also with Oriolus 1795. Sold BTR5, it was digital, sharp sounding for me. Also it had a little V-shaped signature which I do not like. Oriolus was better, but yeah, double the price.. and my next upgrade was Xduoo which was again better in every sound aspect, but it is big and heavy.. for BT dongle BTR3K and Qudelix 5K are the coolest right now. BTR5 may sound more airy due to its cold, digital tuning, but I would not call it an advantage in this case. In summary, BTR5 < Oriolus 1795 < Xduoo XD-05 Bal

Jun 10, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #178 of 569
Anyone noticing occasional popping sounds when using USB from Windows desktop?

I'm using USB from my desktop, playing FLAC files in Roon. I'll get occasional popping in tracks. I definitely don't hear this when playing the same files in Roon any other way.

I don't seem to get this when using USB with different sources like FiiO M11, or my iPhone or Pixel.
I also don't encounter the popping when I use the M11 as DAC with the same Windows setup. And otherwise, I'm not getting the noise with optical or line in.

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #179 of 569
I had it too, difficult to describe. Short "pop" sound, it was quite frequent, every minute or so. Went for RMA, no defect found. Popping during music ceased over time, I think. It was matter of 50 hours or even more. I am almost sure it is gone. I do still hear unpleasant noise when changing tracks, but seller says it is normal. Try to give it more time.

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #180 of 569
I had it too, difficult to describe. Short "pop" sound, it was quite frequent, every minute or so. Went for RMA, no defect found. Popping during music ceased over time, I think. It was matter of 50 hours or even more. I am almost sure it is gone. I do still hear unpleasant noise when changing tracks, but seller says it is normal. Try to give it more time.

It has actually decreased and for me, it has never been as frequent as every minute, but this sounds like the issue I am encountering.

I changed the USB cable and noticed that I was hearing less, but did not know if that actually was making the difference. My guess was it was the USB driver or something like that as this was the only way I was able to reproduce the issue.

I still don't hear the noise when changing tracks which I had previously seen posted about. That would have me returning for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back