xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Jul 31, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #211 of 569
Hey guys. Im kinda newfier here so I'm sorry for some dumb questions in advance.

Im on the market for a nem portable dac/amp that can do the following:

* optical lineout to other amps (act as a dac)
* optical line in (to plug my shanling m3x)
* usb line in to use it on desktop and Android phone
* nice battery life
* good power output

Does the xd05 take care of this points? Also, the whats the biggest difference between the balanced version and basic/plus xd05?

Thanks in advance

Aug 20, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #212 of 569
Hey guys. Im kinda newfier here so I'm sorry for some dumb questions in advance.

Im on the market for a nem portable dac/amp that can do the following:

* optical lineout to other amps (act as a dac) → no, as far as I can tell
* optical line in (to plug my shanling m3x) → yes
* usb line in to use it on desktop and Android phone → yes
* nice battery life → yes
* good power output → yes

Does the xd05 take care of this points? Also, the whats the biggest difference between the balanced version and basic/plus xd05?

Thanks in advance
I've embedded my answers in the quote. As for the biggest differences: it's a bit smaller and it has more power as well as the balanced connector, plus it uses USB-C instead of USB-A and it has Bluetooth. On top of a different design, of course, but that's more subjective.

Aug 20, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #213 of 569
Hi everyone, lately I hear some noise (rustling) when turning the volume knob up or down, sometimes it does this problem sometimes not in a totally random way, with all my iems (Penon Volt, Mangird Tea and Final A4000) also tried to change cables.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Aug 20, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #214 of 569
Hi everyone, lately I hear some noise (rustling) when turning the volume knob up or down, sometimes it does this problem sometimes not in a totally random way, with all my iems (Penon Volt, Mangird Tea and Final A4000) also tried to change cables.
This will happen to many volume pots. Turn off your music and rotate the volume knob up and down a few time and the static noise will go away.

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #215 of 569
I've not experienced this, but find that I mostly change the volume from the audio source rather than the XD05 Bal, so I probably have accessed the volume wheel quite a lot less than you do.

Aug 20, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #217 of 569
Hi friends,

I noticed my XD05 Bal battery was discharging heavily when not in use. Like I charged it full today morning, got not much use today, next day started at evening and it had 0 battery. I was worried and then I found a solution to it myself, I switched the knob on the back from Battery to External power when not in use. It has shown me literally no battery discharge ever since then.

Hope it helps someone else like me too!!

Aug 20, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #218 of 569
Strange, I don’t switch to Ext and no discharging at all. Very impressive battery life. But good to know in case it happens.

This evening no noise when I rotate the volume knob… I’m using iPhone 8 Plus > Apple Camera Connection > usb A to C adapter > usb C stock cable (the orange one) instead the short lightning to usb C stock cable.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #219 of 569
Yeah, I haven't had these issues either. If anything, the battery life of this device is quite impressive in my experience.
The thing I've noticed is that Bluetooth appears to be not quite there in terms of stability, even when keeping the device near the source (in my case, a desktop PC with an external antenna). Does anyone else have this issue?

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #221 of 569
Hi guys, will get my xd05 bal in a few days =D got it second hand
Wanted to ask you guys what opamp have you guys tested with this and any recommendations?

I'm a bit bass head myself looking for that deep fast but not boomy kinda bass

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #222 of 569
Yeah, I haven't had these issues either. If anything, the battery life of this device is quite impressive in my experience.
The thing I've noticed is that Bluetooth appears to be not quite there in terms of stability, even when keeping the device near the source (in my case, a desktop PC with an external antenna). Does anyone else have this issue?
No such issue. In fact Bluetooth is pretty solid for me. I have used my Samsung S6 Lite tablet with LDAC connection and iPhone 11 with AAC connection.

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #223 of 569
No issues in my case (iPhone 8 Plus), I don’t use Bluetooth ‘cause it is worse than usb/lightning, but tested it and i’va a stable connection with my phone.
No such issue. In fact Bluetooth is pretty solid for me. I have used my Samsung S6 Lite tablet with LDAC connection and iPhone 11 with AAC connection.
Thanks. It seems like it might have been something environmental as it stopped having issues. Bluetooth really is temperamental as a technology...
Hi guys, will get my xd05 bal in a few days =D got it second hand
Wanted to ask you guys what opamp have you guys tested with this and any recommendations?

I'm a bit bass head myself looking for that deep fast but not boomy kinda bass
I have only tested the opamps provided by xDuoo and they're both fine, they have a neutral signature that does provide deep fast bass.

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #224 of 569
Hello, could owners of the XD-05 BAL here please note (1) their most sensitive IEM and (2) how far they're able to turn the knob with that IEM before it gets too loud? Thank you in advance!

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #225 of 569
Hello, could owners of the XD-05 BAL here please note (1) their most sensitive IEM and (2) how far they're able to turn the knob with that IEM before it gets too loud? Thank you in advance!
My most sensitive iem is the Penon Volt and for me 3 o 4 on the volume knob is ok, depending on the record maybe 4,5 or 5 but most of the time is too loud for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back