xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Aug 24, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #226 of 569
Hello, could owners of the XD-05 BAL here please note (1) their most sensitive IEM and (2) how far they're able to turn the knob with that IEM before it gets too loud? Thank you in advance!
Any IEM I've tried was too loud for me on 1 without reducing the volume via software. Among the IEMs I've used: Thieaudio Legacy 2, Venture Electronics BIE Pro, Moondrop Aria. Even full-size headphones like the HiFiMAN Arya are way too loud for me at 1. I guess I have sensitive ears...

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #227 of 569
Hello, could owners of the XD-05 BAL here please note (1) their most sensitive IEM and (2) how far they're able to turn the knob with that IEM before it gets too loud? Thank you in advance!
Kinera Norn i never went above 1/9. Kinera Skuld is even below like 0.5/9 or something. Mirage and Ranko RIE-880 takes like 3-4/9 on the XD05 Bal. Hifiman Sundara takes about 4-5/9 but at high-gain. Same for HD600.

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #228 of 569
Thanks all for your responses. Even on the lowest gain setting, the XD-05 BAL seems a bit on the loud side for IEMs without something like negative pre-amp gain or something akin to ifi's IEMatch. @gadgetgod Do you ever use the M3X's SE as an aux out for the XD-05?

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #229 of 569
Thanks all for your responses. Even on the lowest gain setting, the XD-05 BAL seems a bit on the loud side for IEMs without something like negative pre-amp gain or something akin to ifi's IEMatch. @gadgetgod Do you ever use the M3X's SE as an aux out for the XD-05?
yes, most of the time I use it like that only. M3X aux line-out to XD05 Bal.

Aug 25, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #230 of 569
Kinera Norn i never went above 1/9. Kinera Skuld is even below like 0.5/9 or something. Mirage and Ranko RIE-880 takes like 3-4/9 on the XD05 Bal. Hifiman Sundara takes about 4-5/9 but at high-gain. Same for HD600.
Hi @gadgetgod , i am planning on getting sundara or hd6 series to pair it with xd05 bal. Since you have those, any comment on how they sound?

Aug 25, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #231 of 569
Hi @gadgetgod , i am planning on getting sundara or hd6 series to pair it with xd05 bal. Since you have those, any comment on how they sound?
Hello friend,

I had the HD600 and now I own Sundara. TBH XD05 Bal powers the HD600 flawlessly, but personal preference, I like HD600 with tube amps. For Sundara, it is a pretty solid pairing. Can drive it without any trouble and pairing is also nice.

Aug 25, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #232 of 569
Hello friend,

I had the HD600 and now I own Sundara. TBH XD05 Bal powers the HD600 flawlessly, but personal preference, I like HD600 with tube amps. For Sundara, it is a pretty solid pairing. Can drive it without any trouble and pairing is also nice.
Thanks for the info my friend.
I think i will get the sundara since it covers more music genre. I like bass that deep and fast, most of the reviews said the sundara out performs the hd6 series in this area.

Aug 25, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #233 of 569
Yeah
Thanks for the info my friend.
I think i will get the sundara since it covers more music genre. I like bass that deep and fast, most of the reviews said the sundara out performs the hd6 series in this area.
Yeah bass slams of Sundara is pretty solid!! It's just for the sub-bass you need to power it properly. Hope you enjoy your Sundara!!

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #234 of 569
Received the 2nd hand xd05 bal, tested it with usb c- usb c connection. I'm using onkyo player on android and the output adapter to 3.5mm single end. At first the display detected 44.1khz, but when i play a song. It displays "no connection" but the song still got played. Think theres something wrong woth the unit? Getting return it tomorrow.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #235 of 569
Received the 2nd hand xd05 bal, tested it with usb c- usb c connection. I'm using onkyo player on android and the output adapter to 3.5mm single end. At first the display detected 44.1khz, but when i play a song. It displays "no connection" but the song still got played. Think theres something wrong woth the unit? Getting return it tomorrow.
Maybe use it for a while and check. With my macbook i also sometimes don't get bitrate info. Though it works fine, no issues faced ever.

Aug 26, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #236 of 569
Maybe use it for a while and check. With my macbook i also sometimes don't get bitrate info. Though it works fine, no issues faced ever.
Thx for the reply my friend, but the seller kinda not honest. He's already got a warranty claim before, this unit is a new replacement one. So that the warranty of his purchase is used up. In my country, the distributor only grants you 1 time replacement. If the new replacement unit got troubled, the warranty is as good as null.
So i think i will return it and find another one.

Aug 27, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #237 of 569
Thx for the reply my friend, but the seller kinda not honest. He's already got a warranty claim before, this unit is a new replacement one. So that the warranty of his purchase is used up. In my country, the distributor only grants you 1 time replacement. If the new replacement unit got troubled, the warranty is as good as null.
So i think i will return it and find another one.
oh that's sad man :frowning2:.

My unit initially had issues too. Straight out of the box sounding muddy and distorted. Like heavily distorted. I bought it from HiFiGo, so they replaced the unit within the next 8-10 days itself. And ever since then no issues faced(except battery draining while not in use and Power set to battery).

Aug 27, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #239 of 569
@gadgetgod
yeah, but i got a superb deal from a seller, bnib pack with sundara.
About your problem, Maybe it is firmware issue? Can we update the firmware ourself?
No idea about firmware bro. But it got rectified. I simply switch the power to External when not in use. So no battery drain ever since then.

Aug 27, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #240 of 569
My companion for today, M3X Aux out to XD05 Bal>See Audio Bravery!!

IMG_2832 2 copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back