xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Apr 21, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #77 of 569
Yes, I know. Just wondering if there's any issue mixing 2 different op-amps.
I have not tried that, maybe you can forward the query to xduoo support...

Apr 21, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #79 of 569
According to my knowledge, it should not be a problem, BUT it makes totally non-sense as you would lose some amount of channel synchronisation (which would result with different sound in L and R).

Noone does it, like one OPA for L, one for R... It is crazy, man.

Anyways, I am running my unit with V4i-D and after burn-in I must admit: those are amazing. With Monolith M1570 (and soft EQ)... This is my endgame. So amazing! Can't stop listening to music.

Apr 21, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #80 of 569
According to my knowledge, it should not be a problem, BUT it makes totally non-sense as you would lose some amount of channel synchronisation (which would result with different sound in L and R).

Noone does it, like one OPA for L, one for R... It is crazy, man.

Anyways, I am running my unit with V4i-D and after burn-in I must admit: those are amazing. With Monolith M1570 (and soft EQ)... This is my endgame. So amazing! Can't stop listening to music.
Ok thanks.

I already have one Muses02 so I will probably pick up a second one to complement that.

I just ordered mine from Linsol so it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get it here in Japan. Looking forward to it.

Apr 24, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #82 of 569
Any one had a chance to compare the Xduoo xdo5 bal to the Yinlvmei M400 plus? - Really looking for some sub 1k$ portable dac-amp to properly drive Aryas (not a dap person since I do everything by phone)
Not heard of that ( 400 plus) but its using an uncommon USB converter savitech instead of xmos. Flagship AK4499s dac is nice though at that pricing. With swappable opamps on Xduoo, i wondering whether it will match it.

Apr 24, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #83 of 569
Swappable opamps is just a little more than marketing trick, because when you install the best ones.. it is the end of story.

Personally, I have positive experiance with Savitech. XiangSheng is using their LHDC bluetooth board and sound quality out of them is amazing. On the other hand.. perfect USB conversion is really difficult to achieve.

Apr 24, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #84 of 569
Hi,

I recently bought the X05 bal. I like it with the OPA 1656. Better soundstage, more bass extension.

Do you know what is the little round cap on the top of the case? It seems to be a microphone :thinking:

20210421_175541.jpg
20210421_175526.jpg
20210421_175409.jpg

Francky :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #85 of 569
Hi,

I recently bought the X05 bal. I like it with the OPA 1656. Better soundstage, more bass extension.

Do you know what is the little round cap on the top of the case? It seems to be a microphone :thinking:

20210421_175541.jpg20210421_175526.jpg20210421_175409.jpg

Thought was an air vent until you took this interesting picture👍Might be a mic since it have bluetooth intergrated.

Apr 24, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #87 of 569
I think it must be a microphone as I am using Xduoo with bluetooth calls and quite frankly, it is more than ok. I raised its sensitivity (microphone volume) in Mi 11 settings and everybody is hearing me loud and clear. Very interesting intel about your OPA finding, Francky. Curious to test if it is better than our V4i-D.

Cheers.

Apr 24, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #88 of 569
Hi,

20210421_175541.jpg20210421_175526.jpg20210421_175409.jpg

Yes, it's a microphone so that you can still use your phone when connected to BT.

Found a good deal on a second Muses02 yesterday, so I ordered it to match the one that I already have. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be getting my amp until sometime in the middle of May, so I won't be able to provide any feedback until then.

That really sucks, because I've already been without an amp for a month since I sent my Basic back to Linsoul for the volume pot issue I was having. The good news is that my Sundara are not a complete disaster straight out of my PC. But knowing what they sound like when amped, makes the wait unbearable.

In the meantime, can anyone give any feedback on the Balanced's volume knob? What's it like in actual daily use? Is the design a non-issue or is it a bit of a pain? I'll be using it almost exclusively on my desk, but don't really want to have to pick it up every time to change the volume. So, is it easy to operate one-handed with just your thumb when it's sitting on the desk?

Apr 24, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #89 of 569
Yes, it's a microphone so that you can still use your phone when connected to BT.

Found a good deal on a second Muses02 yesterday, so I ordered it to match the one that I already have. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be getting my amp until sometime in the middle of May, so I won't be able to provide any feedback until then.

That really sucks, because I've already been without an amp for a month since I sent my Basic back to Linsoul for the volume pot issue I was having. The good news is that my Sundara are not a complete disaster straight out of my PC. But knowing what they sound like when amped, makes the wait unbearable.

In the meantime, can anyone give any feedback on the Balanced's volume knob? What's it like in actual daily use? Is the design a non-issue or is it a bit of a pain? I'll be using it almost exclusively on my desk, but don't really want to have to pick it up every time to change the volume. So, is it easy to operate one-handed with just your thumb when it's sitting on the desk?
One hand operation is smooth, no issue.

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #90 of 569
Ok thank you mates.
I don't use it with the bluetooth or very rarely. Which convinced me it's his 4.4mm balanced, his many differents in/out, his strong amplification, and the lot of native format he can decode. I don't listen too loud and the power is too much for my KB100 (between 0 and 1) but it's better for the LCD-2. Another good point....under 1 there is no balance issue.

I tried the original 1612, the V5i-D, and the 1656. To my ears the 1656 is my end game. Similar to the V5 but more deeper bass extension, better soundstage! And for the price!?! Two 1656 are the half price of one V5!!!Burson is too expensive for nothing. It's a little bit hard to find the 1656 nude, but a good seller on ebay sell them with supports.

@ rlanger: I tried to do a movie to show you the sweetness of the button but I can't upload it on the forum.

20210425_084643.jpg
20210425_084721.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back