xDuoo XD05 Balanced
May 5, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #106 of 569
i used to be H1 user :)
my XD05 Bal should be on my hand on 25th May-ish
hopefully my brain memories of H1 doesn't fade away that fast..LOL

Anyway It was precious and great time with H1, I spent. Knowing Anson the maker who is great guy to talk too.
Happy opamps rolling!😊

May 5, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #107 of 569
I was briefly considering the H1 before I pulled the trigger on the XD-05, but even with the purchase of 2 Muses02 op-amps, the XD-05 worked out to be about $200 cheaper. I'm sure the H1 sounds great, but I can't imagine that it would be worth that kind of price jump.

Just curious as to why you got rid of the H1?

Oh, and still waiting on my XD-05. :weary:
I never gets too attached with 1 gear, I enjoy this journey and I also enjoy sharing the goodness of H1 with other user who shares same passion.

H1 is simply best 1 device under USD700-ish, that is not only my word but also some others' experience too.

May 5, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #109 of 569
Hello, i'm a bit interested in the xd05 bal... but I have been reading some comments that this might be a "fake" balanced implementation because the SE and Balanced power output is the same.... And something about THD....

can someone explain this to me like i'm 5 ? 😁

May 5, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #110 of 569
Hello, i'm a bit interested in the xd05 bal... but I have been reading some comments that this might be a "fake" balanced implementation because the SE and Balanced power output is the same.... And something about THD....

When you roll a perfect opamps for your taste, trust me , you would not bother whether is true or fake balanced topology. You would think bal is overated!😄😊This dac amp with iV4D opamps gives me the perfct texture and layering on low frequency on my Monarch.

May 5, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #111 of 569

Why don't you ask XDuoo about it? I'm sure they'll answer.

Regardless, whether an amp is balanced or not shouldn't be the most important consideration. Does it have sufficient power for your cans? In this case, highly likely. Does it have the inputs you need? I'll guess yes here. Does it sound great with your headphones? Can't answer that one for you, but given the ability to roll op-amps, you should be able to find something that works for you.

May 6, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #115 of 569
I just received my XD-05 Bal and I'm interested in swapping op amps but know pretty much zero about this and hoping someone might answer a question I have.

I was going to give the 1656 a try, but this looks like a single, as opposed to dual op amp. Do I need/want 2x dual op amps instead if using the balanced out?

I was starting to regret this expensive purchase as I waited for it to arrive after reading about potential 'fake' balanced out. The purchase was based around wanting to use my Sundaras with balanced cable with all my devices. Fake or not, no regrets, works great with everything on all the different inputs so far and my Sundaras sound great.

May 6, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #116 of 569
I just received my XD-05 Bal and I'm interested in swapping op amps but know pretty much zero about this and hoping someone might answer a question I have.

I was going to give the 1656 a try, but this looks like a single, as opposed to dual op amp. Do I need/want 2x dual op amps instead if using the balanced out?

I was starting to regret this expensive purchase as I waited for it to arrive after reading about potential 'fake' balanced out. The purchase was based around wanting to use my Sundaras with balanced cable with all my devices. Fake or not, no regrets, works great with everything on all the different inputs so far and my Sundaras sound great.
You need 2 X dual opamps. So far, V4Di are stayig permanently in it. For perhap half a price of 1 X burson V5Di.

May 6, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #117 of 569
You need 2 X dual opamps. So far, V4Di are stayig permanently in it. For perhap half a price of 1 X burson V5Di.

Excellent, thanks much for confirming.

Looks like I can get the V4i-D on AliExpress for much cheaper than the V5i-D, but can have shipped from in the US and have in a day or two... will have to see if my wallet or impatience wins.

May 6, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #118 of 569

Glad to hear it. Still waiting for mine to arrive to pair with my Sundaras. I have 2 x Muses02 op amps that I plan to use and will share the results when I can.

Interested to know how the Boost function impacts the sound on the Sundaras, since that apparently increases the current output, beneficial for planar magnetics like the Sundaras.

May 6, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #119 of 569
Interested to know how the Boost function impacts the sound on the Sundaras, since that apparently increases the current output, beneficial for planar magnetics like the Sundaras.

To be honest, not noticing any difference at all with the boost on. I'm using my Sundaras with a balanced cable, so can't say if the boost makes a difference with the stock cable in the other jack. Also, not noticing any difference with any of the filters.

May 6, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #120 of 569
Excellent, thanks much for confirming.

Looks like I can get the V4i-D on AliExpress for much cheaper than the V5i-D, but can have shipped from in the US and have in a day or two... will have to see if my wallet or impatience wins.
If you get V4i-D which is taller then V5i-D. You need to push the legs of V4i-D further downwards to enable to close the cover of Xduoo Balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back