xduoo xd05 bal2 vs bal1
Feb 23, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #61 of 66
XDuoo's drivers but also listening on my TV in bluetooth or at my CD Player CD11 Tribute (in line out rca stereo to 3.5mm) in Aux mode will always have the same listening levels more or less, never on High gain.
I mean Jeez is a powerful 1.5W output little thing, plenty of power for my K712 (bluetooth), Anandas (USB) or the Amiron Home in aux with the CD Player.
All in low gain.

no no, AUX line out is not amplified, that's just line out, not pre amp, or amp. Can you tell what is your maximum level for listening in low gain mode when your source is at 100% volume?

EDIT - maximum level for SE output

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #63 of 66
no no, AUX line out is not amplified, that's just line out, not pre amp, or amp. Can you tell what is your maximum level for listening in low gain mode when your source is at 100% volume?

EDIT - maximum level for SE output
I meant line in (Aux) on the Bal 2, line out from the cd player.
Max level is 8-9 on SE but rarely.
The Anandas on 4.4mm need less always, max 5-6.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #64 of 66
By the way, do you see a difference in gain when it's on battery?
Honestly I'm using it on battery most of the times, last time I've used it on my desktop was over the last 4-5 days, now I've a brand new SMSL DL300 so the XDuoo it's back on the battery mode, mainly for my TV in bluetooth or optical (night time listening) or for the CD Player.

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #65 of 66
Got it.

"The output impedance, both SE and BAL, is always less than 1, something to be celebrated in such a powerful device. Therefore, it is completely safe to use with IEMS, despite the high power it possesses."

source

Looks like the device is smarter than I thought. It has output protection to not blow up high sensitive headphones like IEMs. So the levels for IEMs and demanding headphones aren't the same.

Can you please do a little test for me, adjusting a volume knob from 4 to 8 levels in high gain mode WITHOUT ANY SOURCE SIGNAL if you hear something like THIS?

Thank a lot!!

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #66 of 66
Got it.

"The output impedance, both SE and BAL, is always less than 1, something to be celebrated in such a powerful device. Therefore, it is completely safe to use with IEMS, despite the high power it possesses."

source

Looks like the device is smarter than I thought. It has output protection to not blow up high sensitive headphones like IEMs. So the levels for IEMs and demanding headphones aren't the same.

Can you please do a little test for me, adjusting a volume knob from 4 to 8 levels in high gain mode WITHOUT ANY SOURCE SIGNAL if you hear something like THIS?

Thank a lot!!
No mate
ABSOF$CKINGLUTELY NO! No way, ZERO noise.
There's something wrong with your device or cable or source, try changing something also the headphones.
If this doesn't change then it's a RMA case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back