XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Dec 14, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #1,546 of 2,100
Dec 21, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #1,548 of 2,100
Regarding the 05BL bluetooth adapter for the XD-05.

I am unsure if anyone else has experienced this, but I have recreated the issue twice. Be careful not to switch between several devices without properly disconnecting the bluetooth adapter and then reconnecting it. If you switch between to many devices before properly disconnecting and then reconnecting the device, it will soft brick the 05BL. It will not turn on, it will not turn off, it will not even charge when it does this. You will have no lights what so ever and the device will be seemingly broken for several days. It essentially goes into a mode to where it is neither on, nor off and you cannot get the device to function until it successfully drains the battery for a few days and then will finally "turn off". At that point, the unit can be used as normal, after charging of course.

I am sure that there can probably be a mod implemented somehow to disconnect the battery temporarily and then re-connect it. But this isn't something I have looked into as I do not want to ruin my 05BL.

Thanks for the heads up. have experienced the exact same problem on a TEAC HA-P90SD when trying to play music from SD card. Soft bricked till the battery ran out. Problem went away after a firmware update.

Wonder if the firmware can be updated for this module.

Dec 21, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #1,549 of 2,100
Thanks for the heads up. have experienced the exact same problem on a TEAC HA-P90SD when trying to play music from SD card. Soft bricked till the battery ran out. Problem went away after a firmware update.

Wonder if the firmware can be updated for this module.
It can, but the last update was a long time ago, and I'm not sure we will see another one. XDuoo seems to be in the new product business, rather than support.

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #1,551 of 2,100
does any one know if this will power the Aeon flow closed?
The XD-05 offers plenty of power, easily driving my 250-Ohm Beyerdynamic headphones, in fact it's gets them very very loud :)

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #1,552 of 2,100
I've been having connectivity issues. Slight movement to the USB connection at the rear causes a disconnect. So I opened the device and found 2 un-soldered outer pins, and two of the inner pins were soldered poorly (crusty/flaky surface appearance, trait of crap quality solder wire). The pins I refer to are from the USB Male to the PCB. This is a similar experience compared to some others on this board. So basically I re-soldered all 4 USB Male to PCB pins (remove old > apply new 60Sn 40Pb Solder). I then tested my connection cable again, and the connection issues still persist with the slightest movement. My temporary solution is to wrap electrical tape around the USB Female plug until it fits very very snugly into the rear USB opening of the XD-05. Anyone here have a similar issue after soldering, and may have found a more permanent solution? Cheers

Feb 4, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #1,553 of 2,100
I've been having connectivity issues. Slight movement to the USB connection at the rear causes a disconnect. So I opened the device and found 2 un-soldered outer pins, and two of the inner pins were soldered poorly (crusty/flaky surface appearance, trait of crap quality solder wire). The pins I refer to are from the USB Male to the PCB. This is a similar experience compared to some others on this board. So basically I re-soldered all 4 USB Male to PCB pins (remove old > apply new 60Sn 40Pb Solder). I then tested my connection cable again, and the connection issues still persist with the slightest movement. My temporary solution is to wrap electrical tape around the USB Female plug until it fits very very snugly into the rear USB opening of the XD-05. Anyone here have a similar issue after soldering, and may have found a more permanent solution? Cheers

I have the same issue after my usb cable has been used for a while. I usually end up having to buy a new cable but when it first starts, I find that bending the pins up in the USB cable will help a lot. It is frustrating because I hate to have to buy a new cable every so often. Maybe they made the connection pads to thin or something in the unit so anything but the most secure connections has issues. If I knew how to solder well enough, I would probably convert it to a USB 3 plug instead and just let it dangle out.

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #1,554 of 2,100
I have the same issue after my usb cable has been used for a while. I usually end up having to buy a new cable but when it first starts, I find that bending the pins up in the USB cable will help a lot. It is frustrating because I hate to have to buy a new cable every so often. Maybe they made the connection pads to thin or something in the unit so anything but the most secure connections has issues. If I knew how to solder well enough, I would probably convert it to a USB 3 plug instead and just let it dangle out.

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #1,555 of 2,100
The USB issue is related to solder that is not fully attached to the legs of the USB connector.
Many pages back in the thread we discovered the pins need a little solder touch up to connect the pins to the board more securely.

Every wiggle of the cable would ever so slightly lift the pins away from the circuit board.

I added more solder and made sure the legs are now touching completely and I have not had any issues with my iPhone camera connector wire to the USB of the XD-05.

Hope that helps.

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #1,556 of 2,100
The USB issue is related to solder that is not fully attached to the legs of the USB connector.
Many pages back in the thread we discovered the pins need a little solder touch up to connect the pins to the board more securely.

Every wiggle of the cable would ever so slightly lift the pins away from the circuit board.

I added more solder and made sure the legs are now touching completely and I have not had any issues with my iPhone camera connector wire to the USB of the XD-05.

Hope that helps.
Cheers for the tips friend. I've re-soldered all USB pin connections to the PCB and the issues persist. Maybe dodgy USB 2.0 male connector. I'll try replace it with a new one soon.

Feb 13, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #1,557 of 2,100
one thing I don't like about xd05 is it goes to sleep mode every time I stop playing, and when i start playing it takes 1-2 sec to turn on, e.g on foobar just when i open a music file. is there anyway to stop this?

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #1,560 of 2,100
Hello
I'm from France
I bought a 1 year ago a Burson 5 Vi. I just fixed it on my xduoo-05 amp.
But i need some help from thé community Head-fi. Since i fixed the Burson 5Vi, i have a small problem on my Xduoo-05. When i turn the front button "GAIN" on the last position (third position) , there is Big noise and the Xduoo stop the music. I must turn it back to the second position... to continu listing music. Have you any idea about this problèm. How Can i could resolve this problem. Could somebody help me?
Is it a problem of too much power ?
Best regards
Zati
Nb:sorry for my english.
A bientôt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back