XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Sep 13, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #496 of 2,100

I am using the v5i in the xd-05 now since some weeks, and I can only reconfirm what I mentioned earlier, just after break-in: GREAT!

do you think is worth ths 50€ upgrade to the160 € -current price- xduoo xd-05?

...yes, I think it is absolutely worth it. Now it is a 210.-€ player, imo sounding at least twice the price... I am looking forward to hear more opinions from others who did this mod....

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #497 of 2,100
...yes, I think it is absolutely worth it. Now it is a 210.-€ player, imo sounding at least twice the price... I am looking forward to hear more opinions from others who did this mod....

I second this opinion
bigsmile_face.gif
It is absolutely worth it.

Of course, how much the sound is worth afterwards is subjective, but definitely over the purchase price
darthsmile.gif

Particular improvements (in areas that I care about
tongue_smile.gif
) are better instrument separation, much more controlled and cleaner treble, and more controlled bass. 

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #499 of 2,100
  I second this opinion
bigsmile_face.gif
It is absolutely worth it.

Of course, how much the sound is worth afterwards is subjective, but definitely over the purchase price
darthsmile.gif

Particular improvements (in areas that I care about
tongue_smile.gif
) are better instrument separation, much more controlled and cleaner treble, and more controlled bass. 

Sounds like pretty much what I'm looking for too. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #500 of 2,100

Sounds like pretty much what I'm looking for too. 
biggrin.gif

I should probably add that although the bass is more controlled, it is only relative.
i.e. I would not described the current bass as controlled, but I would describe the original as uncontrolled.

Sep 15, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #501 of 2,100
about the bass, with the rock agree but with other music i like

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #505 of 2,100
  With the Burson V5i installed, can the outer shell still fit?

Yes, the outer shell fits fine.
However, you will have to push the adjacent capacitors out slightly for it to fit.

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #507 of 2,100
...Is it weird for me to not notice much of a difference between listening to music via the XD-05 and listening to the same music directly via the PC's soundboard?

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #509 of 2,100
  ...Is it weird for me to not notice much of a difference between listening to music via the XD-05 and listening to the same music directly via the PC's soundboard?

It depends how good your soundboard is on your PC.  I have some friends that actually have pretty impressive soundboards.  A lot of other factors can play into this like headphone quality and file quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back