XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Sep 9, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #485 of 2,100
Damn you Windows 10!!!  *Angrily shakes fist at Windows 10* laptop.  

Thanks for the info, though.  I appreciate it.  Hopefully they'll fix it.

Hi all. Now we can forget the 24bit/384kHz problem on Windows 10. We have better solution to improve the listening experience: PCM to DSD.

ASIO Proxy's latest version 0.9.2 supports windows10 now. With proper settings, foobar can have DSD output. This is very nice, since XD-05 is using a Delta-Sigma DAC.

In my experience with following settings, foobar outputs DSD128 when playing 16/44.1, and DSD256 when playing 24/96 (can be seen on XD-05 screen). I'm still learning how to use it.

And why PCM to DSD is good:

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #487 of 2,100
full day with the xduoo and oppo pm-3. considering that i bought my oppo used, the combo cost me 440€, i reconfirm my impression. probably just with some rock,it´s not the best. for the rest, beautiful voices and percussions. the bass is more 009 style, ie not very deep but well defined.
i can hear the various parts of sound´s message and small details. at this point, i´d be curious about op-amp rolling, except that a great friend from head-fi lent me one raysamuels hornet that sounds very well with my phone. will see....
edit: the battery lasts a long time
edit 2: you want a miracle or a giant killer????: spend 5.000 dollars LOL

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #488 of 2,100
Just in case: how replace the battery and wich type is?
thanks

Sep 12, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #491 of 2,100
I really am enjoying mine that I purchased from Massdrop! At first, it occasionally made an annoying click noise (once ever few minutes), but I think it had to do with it the usb ports on my laptop not providing the right amount of power, the problem went away once I switched the charge plugin to a wall outlet. Not too portable as it is bigger than most smartphones but definitely has flexibility in terms of input and formats. The LCD screen is a nice touch as well. I wish however they included a micro-usb to usb adapter for the input though.I definitely notice an improvement in sound quality when I run audio out of my galaxy s4 or laptop through this (into a fostex x00 mostly). Overall I would recommend this.

Sep 13, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #495 of 2,100
  do you think is worth ths 50€ upgrade to the160 € -current price- xduoo xd-05?

hola, i don´t have the burson yet. i had several stuffs modded.Usually, with mod, you have an improvement small or big, depends the situation.
About the xd-05, i think that the performance is not compared to the price, that is, IMHO, sounds very well for the price.
i like the sound with the original op-amp. i believed in the words of musikaladin and bought the burson.
in any case i´m sure that the dna of the amplifier is the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back