XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Jan 7, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #109 of 2,100
  Low gain is IEM friendly.

I understand an IEM friendly gain when you have a sensitive IEM (no havi) loud yet comfortable somewhere halfway the pot so you have room to easily fine tune the listening level and don't be blew away with any acidental over twist, and that doesn't seem to be the case with the impressions so far. What IEM's you tested with it? Any thoughts?

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #110 of 2,100
Custom Art Pro330, Phonak Audeo PFE012, **** DT3, ADV.Sound M4, NarMoo S1.
Volume level was good (I don't like loud music), XD-05 was connected to SGS6 by OTG. No hiss etc.

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #111 of 2,100
I understand an IEM friendly gain when you have a sensitive IEM (no havi) loud yet comfortable somewhere halfway the pot so you have room to easily fine tune the listening level and don't be blew away with any acidental over twist, and that doesn't seem to be the case with the impressions so far. What IEM's you tested with it? Any thoughts?

Lmao Havi. It draws more power than my over ear cans haha.. Love it to bits though.

Custom Art Pro330, Phonak Audeo PFE012, **** DT3, ADV.Sound M4, NarMoo S1.
Volume level was good (I don't like loud music), XD-05 was connected to SGS6 by OTG. No hiss etc.

Good selection there!

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #113 of 2,100
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X and modded AD-A500X (wood cups, different tunning etc.) - no problems on them.

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #116 of 2,100
I use it with my CIEM and there is no problem.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #118 of 2,100
For folks that want to use the XD-05 with iems or ciems, I think you should be fine. I haven't noticed any obvious changes that may be due to a high output impedence. I will note, however, that the volume can be a bit tricky to set. If I listen to a song that was mastered to be "loud", I have to fiddle with the volume knob a bit to find a comfortable volume. There isn't a ton of play on the pot between overcoming channel imbalance and a reasonable listening volume. If you have super sensitive iems, you may have some trouble. I haven't had too much of a problem with my Noble K10s and Savant.

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #119 of 2,100
How does this compare with FiiO E18?  Also, will it take over dac function for all audio coming out of the phone or only specific USB apps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back