1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by h20fidelity, Dec 3, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. leggy
    Did anyone compare it to iBasso's D-14 using the usb port?

2. Aradea
    This I would like to know as well

3. Licz
    Ditto, comparison with Oppo HA-2 would also be very useful.

4. leobigfield

I understand an IEM friendly gain when you have a sensitive IEM (no havi) loud yet comfortable somewhere halfway the pot so you have room to easily fine tune the listening level and don't be blew away with any acidental over twist, and that doesn't seem to be the case with the impressions so far. What IEM's you tested with it? Any thoughts?

5. Inszy
    Custom Art Pro330, Phonak Audeo PFE012, Senfer DT3, ADV.Sound M4, NarMoo S1.
    Volume level was good (I don't like loud music), XD-05 was connected to SGS6 by OTG. No hiss etc.

6. RedTwilight

Lmao Havi. It draws more power than my over ear cans haha.. Love it to bits though.

Good selection there!

7. Aradea
    Any headphones? Sorry I'm not familiar with those brands aside from the S1 which I also owned

8. Inszy
    Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X and modded AD-A500X (wood cups, different tunning etc.) - no problems on them.

9. ndburley
    I have been using Soundmagic P21, Audio Technica M50x and Beyerdynamics DT 990 pro 250ohm with the XD-05 and they all work really well.

10. sepinho
    Any information about output impedance? I'll be getting my XD-05 in approx. two weeks. Would be nice if I could use them with my CIEMs.

11. Inszy
    I use it with my CIEM and there is no problem.

12. Aradea
    Seems like a solid product, waiting for comparisons with other amps. On paper and based on price, this is really great

13. SDBiotek
    For folks that want to use the XD-05 with iems or ciems, I think you should be fine. I haven't noticed any obvious changes that may be due to a high output impedence. I will note, however, that the volume can be a bit tricky to set. If I listen to a song that was mastered to be "loud", I have to fiddle with the volume knob a bit to find a comfortable volume. There isn't a ton of play on the pot between overcoming channel imbalance and a reasonable listening volume. If you have super sensitive iems, you may have some trouble. I haven't had too much of a problem with my Noble K10s and Savant.

leobigfield likes this.
  14. Grayson73
    How does this compare with FiiO E18?  Also, will it take over dac function for all audio coming out of the phone or only specific USB apps?

15. ndburley
    would love to give some feedback on the OTG but my LG G3 detects nothing for me, driving me nuts and when I look at forums they suggest rooting it. 

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last