XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Dec 4, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #661 of 2,100
I've only read about the ODAC, so I really have no personal knowledge.  As far as what I know, it is far superior to my old FiiO E18 Kunlun which was pretty good.  It also outclasses my ASUS Xonar Essence STX II.  Not by miles, but definitely better.

As far as the price of the V5i, I have only been able to find them on their site and they are $39 for one dual, $69 for two dual, and $49 for two single channel versions plus the $15 for the shipping from China to the US.  I believe the company is based out of Australia, but the shippmens will come from China.

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/supreme-sound-opamp-v5i/

i'm interested in trying this v5i opamp with my xd05 by your review, so which version should i get to use it with xd05? one dual? two dual or two single channel?

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #662 of 2,100
Hansolo76, was switching the Bursons in easy, or how likely or unlikely did it seem that something would break bending the capacitors out of the way. After the change was the unit way more musical in an involving foot tapping way or not,?

Very easy.  You just have to bend them enough for the flange on the metal housing of the OP AMP to fit.  I probably bent the capacitors out maybe 1/8 of an inch at the tops.  Once you bend them enough to get the V5i pins to the socket, you just need to slowly bend them out as you press the OP AMP into place.  Just look at the capacitors to the left and right of the OP AMP in the pictures.  I didn't feel like anything was going to break anytime during the installation.  The hardest part is pressing the gold pin switches on the circuit board in while trying to put the unit back together.

Day and night. The sound is so much more controlled and spacious.  The difference it not subtle and is awesome in every way.  Just know that this upgrade doesn't affect the line out, just the headphone out.  The line out signal comes from the DAC before the OP AMP.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #663 of 2,100
i'm interested in trying this v5i opamp with my xd05 by your review, so which version should i get to use it with xd05? one dual? two dual or two single channel?

You want one V5i dual.  That is all it takes for the XD-05.

You will not regret it :wink: 

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #664 of 2,100
Sounds like a huge improvement for 39 dollars.will look forward to putting it in after I get the unit and play with it in stock form for a while. I will be using the line out a fair bit and hope sq is excellent with this as well. Thanks for your detailed reply, appreciated

Dec 4, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #666 of 2,100
Sounds like a huge improvement for 39 dollars.will look forward to putting it in after I get the unit and play with it in stock form for a while. I will be using the line out a fair bit and hope sq is excellent with this as well. Thanks for your detailed reply, appreciated

Huge...i don't think, better without doubts.
The price of the xd-05 and the burson is a «human» price, far from audiophile craziness.i would try this combo with another.headphone

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #667 of 2,100
There is a ground problem I think.

2 of 3 ground connectors are useless because connected surface is not conductive. (Silver front and back)

But in my case; micro usb ground is okay because someone scratched black plate where the little connector connects.

I scratched back silver plate but I could not scratch the front because I could not pull it off. Do you know how I can remove volume knob? That way I can scratch that too.

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #669 of 2,100
Huge...i don't think, better without doubts.
The price of the xd-05 and the burson is a «human» price, far from audiophile craziness.i would try this combo with another.headphone

Let's just say "huge" is relative to the user.  When it comes to headphones, 1/2 a watt is huge yet most places it is minuscule.

I don't know that I would use the word huge as well, but the difference is immediately noticeable for the better.  It takes a minute to be able to put your finger on it exactly, but your ears will definitely say "Oooooooh..." right off the bat.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #671 of 2,100
Let's just say "huge" is relative to the user.  When it comes to headphones, 1/2 a watt is huge yet most places it is minuscule.

I don't know that I would use the word huge as well, but the difference is immediately noticeable for the better.  It takes a minute to be able to put your finger on it exactly, but your ears will definitely say "Oooooooh..." right off the bat.

Of course. I quoted hal55 to gave my opinion.
But we are the same opinion: good performance for price :)

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #672 of 2,100
Getting a significant improvement for 39 bucks is huge in my book! In a hifi world where magazines talk about cables that cost several weeks salary, and actually recommend them as must haves, an audible improvement for peanut money is gold.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #673 of 2,100
  Have been used for a month and been loved with this thing 
Pair with duoza + s4 as transport and spotify

Hey,

How did you configure phone to use Xduoo XD-05 with phone and Spotify?

My config:
Smatphone: Oneplus one
DAC: Xduoo XD-05

Only working app is UAPP.  When I connect DAC with UAPP I have PCM 44.1 kHz on Xduoo display and it switches according to the track I play.
Spotify, Google Play and other players giving hiss when Im trying to play any song in different formats. Xduoo XD-05 display shows only DSD64. It doesnt change according to the track and no music as I said before.

Please help.

Thanks

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #674 of 2,100
Getting a significant improvement for 39 bucks is huge in my book! In a hifi world where magazines talk about cables that cost several weeks salary, and actually recommend them as must haves, an audible improvement for peanut money is gold.

i agree with you about the cost of some objects. for this reason i told that the xd-05+burson op-amp is a relaxing alternative to the audiophile craziness.
in my opinion, the improvement exists with the burson but it´s a refinement of the sound signature of the xduoo not a revolution.
but it´s just my opinion. in every case it is worth spending this money? without any doubt

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #675 of 2,100
Sorry if this was asked already (search found no results), but does anyone have any experience with trying to drive Audeze LCD-2 or LCD-4 cans with this DAC/amp?  It's been described as powerful -- some say, too powerful -- but the LCD-4's are beasts and I've not found a portable amp that's up to the task.  The Grace m9XX is acceptable, but not really sufficient.

Thanks!

- Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back