XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Apr 25, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #1,591 of 2,100
How would I go about running this as just a dac? basically I want to buy a tube amp and use this as the dac, but I dont want to have the tube amp running all day so I want to be able to switch back and forth from just a dac to dac/amp. would I just need rca to aux? what would I set xd to? thanks

Apr 25, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #1,592 of 2,100
How would I go about running this as just a dac? basically I want to buy a tube amp and use this as the dac, but I dont want to have the tube amp running all day so I want to be able to switch back and forth from just a dac to dac/amp. would I just need rca to aux? what would I set xd to? thanks

I usually use xd05 just as a dac for LD I+ and MK II.

Apr 25, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #1,593 of 2,100

Your source (DAP or laptop) to either Digital In or USB then you will need a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable to plug it from AUX out of the XD 05 to the RCA in of your tube amp.

May 3, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #1,594 of 2,100
I'm looking for a portable DAC-amp mostly for my Audioquest NOs. May as well use it with my LCD 2Cs when not at home. The amp rolling option as well as the bluetooth module seems exciting. When at work I'm listening to Spotify/Tidal 99% of the time. I've heard that some people tend to have interference problems when connected to a mobile device. Since I plan to use it with my S8+ for streaming music over 4G mostly I'm concerned about the cellular interference. Should I look somewhere else?

May 13, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #1,595 of 2,100
How well does the XD-05 work with the HiFiMan Sundara? Would those headphones work well with the Burson V5i amp upgrade in it?

May 16, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #1,597 of 2,100
Are OP Amps plug and play or is soldering required?
Plug and play, if the diff package size is wrong might need a pin adapter but height is the only concern since it needs to slide closed again.
Malcolm

May 16, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #1,599 of 2,100
xduoo-05 or topping d50? someone can help.

The D50 is a desktop DAC (and I believe pre-amp). It needs a separate amp to function. The XD-05 is a portable all in one solution. These two products serve two completely different purposes so it depends on what you want it for.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #1,604 of 2,100
How well does the XD-05 work with the HiFiMan Sundara? Would those headphones work well with the Burson V5i amp upgrade in it?

With this combo it is a very good sound signature, personally it was a bit warm for my liking but very enjoyable.

May 19, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #1,605 of 2,100
I'm looking for a portable DAC-amp mostly for my Audioquest NOs. May as well use it with my LCD 2Cs when not at home. The amp rolling option as well as the bluetooth module seems exciting. When at work I'm listening to Spotify/Tidal 99% of the time. I've heard that some people tend to have interference problems when connected to a mobile device. Since I plan to use it with my S8+ for streaming music over 4G mostly I'm concerned about the cellular interference. Should I look somewhere else?

Before I sold it, I had the Bluetooth module with Burson v5 upgrade and used it for both desktop and potable use. I never had any issues with it, And sound quality was extremely good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back