XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Aug 25, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #4,952 of 5,194
Thanks for the feedback . Im not that worried with the charging warmth, rather with the playing warmth. Every time I use it through LINE Out to my E17 gets way too hot. I think I’m giving it back. It sounds amazing, but for me is more a problem than a solution. I’ll save some money and buy a Fiio x3.

Doesn't sound normal. During the summer months when the temperature is over 30C, my X3 does get warm when using the headphone out, but using lineout it emits very little heat.

Aug 26, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #4,953 of 5,194
Doesn't sound normal. During the summer months when the temperature is over 30C, my X3 does get warm when using the headphone out, but using lineout it emits very little heat.
Thanks also for the feedback. The devise is on it’s way. Just a small observation: I’ve read, and from my experience as well can say, that the Line out usage generates more power consumption (and in my case more heat to the unit) . I don’t find the logic in that, taking in mind that the principle of the line out is to bypass the internal amp, and therefore less power consumption. How does the line out sistem works in this devise? Maybe it is a “beginner” question, which I am .

Aug 26, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #4,955 of 5,194
Thanks also for the feedback. The devise is on it’s way. Just a small observation: I’ve read, and from my experience as well can say, that the Line out usage generates more power consumption (and in my case more heat to the unit) . I don’t find the logic in that, taking in mind that the principle of the line out is to bypass the internal amp, and therefore less power consumption. How does the line out sistem works in this devise? Maybe it is a “beginner” question, which I am .

My understanding of lineout is the same as yours, it should bypass the internal amp and therefore use less power.

Aug 26, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #4,956 of 5,194

1. Correct, Torx T5
2. The battery is connected to the board using a 2-pin connector. If the battery purchased already has the 2-pin connector attached to the wire then you are good to go, otherwise some soldering work is required.
3. I am also looking to find a higher capacity battery.

Aug 26, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #4,957 of 5,194
1. Correct, Torx T5
2. The battery is connected to the board using a 2-pin connector. If the battery purchased already has the 2-pin connector attached to the wire then you are good to go, otherwise some soldering work is required.
3. I am also looking to find a higher capacity battery.

Thank you for answering my earlier questions. Looking at that AliExpress link again, it seems that soldering is needed as it states the following: "Advise find a eletronics device repair store to change, due to need solder the cable with special tool".

I have 2 followup questions in case you know the answers to these:

1. Do you know where to purchase a 2000MAH battery that already has a 2-pin connector?
2. When I replace the battery, do I need a tape to stick it to the side again or can I simply lock it on or something?

Aug 26, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #4,958 of 5,194
Thank you for answering my earlier questions. Looking at that AliExpress link again, it seems that soldering is needed as it states the following: "Advise find a eletronics device repair store to change, due to need solder the cable with special tool".

I have 2 followup questions in case you know the answers to these:

1. Do you know where to purchase a 2000MAH battery that already has a 2-pin connector?
2. When I replace the battery, do I need a tape to stick it to the side again or can I simply lock it on or something?

1. Penon Audio were selling the battery but I have no idea if they came with the 2-pin connector or not. The battery is not listed on their store so you need to contact them via email.
2. If the tape remains intact after you remove the battery, I think it may be possible to reuse it, otherwise just buy another double-sided tape.

Aug 27, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #4,959 of 5,194
1. Penon Audio were selling the battery but I have no idea if they came with the 2-pin connector or not. The battery is not listed on their store so you need to contact them via email.

I am the one in this thread who originally researched this replacement battery issue, identified possible candidates but rejected them due to size/capacity/soldering requirements and ultimately discovered that Penon Audio could sell me a replacement in the right capacity and size with the wires and connector already soldered in place. This meant replacing the battery was just a matter of opening the case, unplugging the old battery, detaching the old battery from the lid where it was attached with adhesive, cleaning the area where the adhesive was (I used some isopropyl alcohol as I recall), position and securing the new battery in place with it's adhesive, plugging in the connector, closing and screwing down the case back.

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #4,960 of 5,194
how exactly the EQ on custom firmware works?

i got this mplayer.conf file with this

af=lavcresample=192000:32:0:12,format=s24le
#af=equalizer=3.0:2.0:1.0:0.0:0.0:0.0:0.0:0.0:0.0:0.0,lavcresample=192000:32:0:12,format=s24le

Sep 19, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #4,961 of 5,194
how exactly the EQ on custom firmware works?

i got this mplayer.conf file with this

af=lavcresample=192000:32:0:12,format=s24le
#af=equalizer=3.0:2.0:1.0:0.0:0.0:0.0:0.0:0.0:0.0:0.0,lavcresample=192000:32:0:12,format=s24le

Are you saying you want to manipulate the EQ via text files instead of the Rockbox GUI? Because it’s much easier to use the GUI. Especially if you’re going to be setting not only frequency gains, but doing more advanced stuff like moving individual center frequencies around, etc.

The EQ in Rockbox is very powerful and customizable. Doing it all with text files would be quite overwhelming I would imagine.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #4,963 of 5,194
Can anybody tell me if I can connect my xduoo x3 using Bluetooth? I've actually never used Bluetooth before, for anything, so I know very little about it.

I couldn't find out if the xduoo was Bluetooth compatible online, and I couldn't search this forum cos my phone can't handle it. Was a big enough ordeal making this post.

Nov 12, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #4,964 of 5,194
Can anybody tell me if I can connect my xduoo x3 using Bluetooth? I've actually never used Bluetooth before, for anything, so I know very little about it.

I couldn't find out if the xduoo was Bluetooth compatible online, and I couldn't search this forum cos my phone can't handle it. Was a big enough ordeal making this post.
The old version of X3 (1st gen.) doesn't have bluetooth capabilities, the new version X3II does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back