XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 20, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #4,441 of 5,194
Does upsampling Redbook files solve the pitch problem? If so, what is the minimum sampling rate necessary?

The stock FW has its PLL tuned for 48kHz, or integer multiples of that. So you could avoid the pitch problem by resampling everything to that frequency.

I have now finally rockboxed the X3.

In the description, it says:

Does it have to be the exact same folder as the one from SD card #1 or just an empty folder named ".rockbox"?

I only have a .rockbox folder on my first card.

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #4,443 of 5,194
Guys this is the 2nd xDuoo music player product I've had fail on me. Just straight up won't turn out. I have had it with this brand. Is it just a series of bad luck or other people in this thread and in the xDuoo X2 thread also exprience spotty quality control? I have never in my life owned electronic products as crappy in quality and longevity (lack of) as xDuoo audio players.

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #4,444 of 5,194
Hi there, I'm new on the thread... Planning to buy the xduoo x3. Does it have enough power to handle msr7 headphones? Is it really necessary to get an amp in this specific case? Would be nice if I could get opinions on this dap-headphone combo. Thanks in advance :)

Apr 23, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #4,445 of 5,194
Hi there, I'm new on the thread... Planning to buy the xduoo x3. Does it have enough power to handle msr7 headphones? Is it really necessary to get an amp in this specific case? Would be nice if I could get opinions on this dap-headphone combo. Thanks in advance :)

The ATH MSR7's tech specs say it's 35ohms and 100dB/mW. So it'll be fine, the X3 can put out 150mW at 32ohms.

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #4,448 of 5,194
For anyone interested, Massdrop has the Samsung 256GB Micro SDXC EVO+ on sale for $129.99.

I've been using this card in my Xduoo X3 for about 2 months now, and it's fully compatible (with FAT32/4k block format of course). I have had absolutely zero issues with my card.

I pair over $200 for mine, so $130 is quite a savings.

Two really nice things about this card is the ridiculous WRITE speeds and a TEN year warranty.

Read speeds are 95Mb/s, and WRITE speeds are 90Mb/s. This is on average 3xs faster write speed than most SDXC cards. Transferring all of the music from (2) 128MB cards took no time at all (and loading new flac albums literally takes a few seconds).

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #4,450 of 5,194
Anyone paired the xduuo x3 with chord mojo? I have tried coaxial and toslink to no avail. The chord plays great hooked up to an iMac via micro USB so I know it works, but no joy with the xduoo.

The xDuoo X3 doesn't have any digital output, so what you're trying to do is impossible.
You would need a different DAP for that (e.g. the xDuoo X10, Shanling M1, Hidizs Ap60, ...).

May 3, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #4,452 of 5,194
Here comes my German take on the xDuoo X3 after spending some days with it, as always with a Google translator option to translate it into any language, also featuring measurements, photos and comparisons: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/04/xDuoo-X3-Review.html

HifiChris,
Nice review. I agree with your impressions for the most part. I was surprised to see that you measured a tiny bit of bass rolloff from the line out. I think -1dB at 20Hz is probably close to inaudible on most headphones but still I don't like to see that...I always amp my X3 so I always use line out. It still has great bass regardless...

May 4, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #4,455 of 5,194
The new format search function doesn't seem to allow listing individual posts, only threads.

I'm trying to find out if anyone has had any success in finding a suitable replacement battery. I know last year there had been a couple of somewhat close finds that were either off sizewise or required fitting a compatible connector. I'm hoping there are some new choices out there.

Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back