XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 13, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #4,430 of 5,194
Update. 
Thought I 'd try a torx 6 in the stripped hole. badaboom. Worked! Now, where the hell am I going to find another screw?

Best place to get microscopic screws like that is eBay.

You'll have to find out the correct thread size (regardless if you want torx or Phillips for the head type).

Hardware & auto parts stores just don't regularly stock specialty items like that.

I bought a kit on ebay a while ago that had 800 tiny fasteners in a plastic storage case, with different lengths and diameters ranging from M1 to M4 (including nuts). All impossible sizes to find at any local store. It was only $12, and it's saved my bacon too many times to count (on everything from laptops to kids toys). Best $12 I ever spent.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #4,431 of 5,194
I just received an X3 today.

Before I search the entire thread or risk that my cards are accidentally formatted, I'd like to ask whether the (stock, not rockboxed) player takes exFAT cards for both slots or requires them to be formatted in FAT32.

beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #4,432 of 5,194
as far as I recall stock firmware can read ExFat SD cards.
however to be sure try a card with just a few songs/folders/LPs thats
Exfat. no need to run test for entire card (only to find you need to reformat it and load it again)

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #4,433 of 5,194
  I just received an X3 today.

Before I search the entire thread or risk that my cards are accidentally formatted, I'd like to ask whether the (stock, not rockboxed) player takes exFAT cards for both slots or requires them to be formatted in FAT32.

beerchug.gif

Stock read exFAT but RB will require FAT32 so why not format it in FAT32 for later?

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #4,434 of 5,194

Stock read exFAT but RB will require FAT32 so why not format it in FAT32 for later?

The two cards I have currently in it for testing (64 GB and 4 GB) are already FAT32-formatted, but I asked because I wanted to be sure before putting one of my other exFAT-formatted cards into the player (because who knows; some players might do strange things and automatically format a card into the "correct" format or mess with the database that was created by another DAP).

I think that I will definitely try RockBox with the X3 at some point since it added some necessary features to my Sansa Clip Plus and Sansa Clip Zip (not sure whether I like it on my iPod Classig 7G though), however not anytime soon as long as the stock firmware doesn't lack anything that is a must-have for me that only RockBox could solve. But except for the missing library that I don't need anyway since I only use folder navigation with every player that supports it, I don't really see anything I can't live with (at least at the moment since I haven't tried things such as the volume control, gapless playback etc. because I have only picked the player up less than three hours ago).

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #4,438 of 5,194
Uargh, I just plugged an in-ear into the player for the first time just to notice that the playback speed is indeed off and too slow. Dang it, since I could well live with the stock FW. But this is of course a severe no-go.

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #4,439 of 5,194
Does upsampling Redbook files solve the pitch problem? If so, what is the minimum sampling rate necessary?

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #4,440 of 5,194
I have now finally rockboxed the X3.

In the description, it says:

Second card slot not reading sd card - The second card must be formatted to FAT32 and have the .rockbox folder in the root directory.

Does it have to be the exact same folder as the one from SD card #1 or just an empty folder named ".rockbox"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back