XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jan 27, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #4,231 of 5,194
Some others on the thread have also mentioned temperature issues. I haven't noticed my (black) X3 getting warm, so perhaps this is another quality control issue, as was suggested regarding battery life?

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #4,232 of 5,194
  Some others on the thread have also mentioned temperature issues. I haven't noticed my (black) X3 getting warm, so perhaps this is another quality control issue, as was suggested regarding battery life?

Mine gets warm only when charging.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #4,233 of 5,194
Mine gets warm only when charging.
Yes, quality control issue must be it! It can happen with any company. U fortunately only few of us are in China , to claim any warranty. I don't understand how practical is the warranty all these Chinese manufacturers give if it is to ship back to china for an inspection. Luckily mine wa bought from china by a friend and he had checked it before he returned. It never showed any issues other than crashes with rockbox. But when I rolled back to only stick it was super stable. And battery was back to normal. Anyway, listening to the experiences others have with Chinese players I am a bit reluctant to get another Chinese player shipped from china directly. X10 is on the list, but I am waiting for some of my Chinese friends go home, or amazon prime to list it, though may be a little more expensive. Hope they can provide a solution if it breaks down

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #4,234 of 5,194
Yes, quality control issue must be it! It can happen with any company. U fortunately only few of us are in China , to claim any warranty. I don't understand how practical is the warranty all these Chinese manufacturers give if it is to ship back to china for an inspection. Luckily mine wa bought from china by a friend and he had checked it before he returned. It never showed any issues other than crashes with rockbox. But when I rolled back to only stick it was super stable. And battery was back to normal. Anyway, listening to the experiences others have with Chinese players I am a bit reluctant to get another Chinese player shipped from china directly. X10 is on the list, but I am waiting for some of my Chinese friends go home, or amazon prime to list it, though may be a little more expensive. Hope they can provide a solution if it breaks down

Yes, buying from China is a bit of a lottery. Better make your purchase from a reputable store though..

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #4,236 of 5,194
  eBay has a listing which is really cheaper than aliexpress. Now its sold out again. But, the waiting is another intolerable thng

Yeah, better wait and buy from ebay. My only complaint besides already known bugs of X3 is a weak battery.

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #4,238 of 5,194
Jan 27, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #4,241 of 5,194
Luckily my Rockboxed X3 haqs never has any issues with getting too warm.  Either when in use or while charging.  

Also, my battery life seem decent.

That said, I am debating selling my X3, I'm going crazy for a Android DAP.  

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #4,242 of 5,194
  Luckily my Rockboxed X3 haqs never has any issues with getting too warm.  Either when in use or while charging.  

Mine was sold last week, and until the new one, I planned of using my iPhone with the c5d amp I had. Together they sound better than the x3, but once again, I realised that I should kill portability for anything, due to my use case on this. I listen to them mostly while I walk towards, or back from my work. Now, I am looking for a scenario, where the stacking is making sense. I wish the research on this area goes faster, and they make tiny devices with lot of power, that amps wont make any sense!

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #4,243 of 5,194

I'd highly recommend you look at the Opus#1, moderately priced and sounds excellent

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #4,245 of 5,194
Moderately priced? My X3 cost £56 the opus 1 is £400.My x3 also sounds excellent.

When Amazon UK has £2500 DAPS £400 is moderate.
If you've read what I've previously posted I own an X3 and other than support from Xduoo
I'm quite satisfied with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back