XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Feb 4, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #4,261 of 5,194
hi,

so my xduuo's battery is dead since i got it. basically, when i charge it it overheats. Does anyone know what seems to be the problem and which screw driver do i buy to open the back. can anyone recommend me with a replacement battery for it, i dont care if the capacity is smaller i just want to try xduuo.
Did you mail xduoo about it? If yes, did you get any response?

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #4,262 of 5,194
[COLOR=404040]Does anyone know if the XDuoo X3 includes circuitry to limit the charge amperage? If not, maybe that's why so many people experienced battery issues (and/or maybe the batteries they include weren't reputable). I know I sometimes charged mine with a 2A charging source, and I wonder if my battery would have lasted longer from a 500mA only source.[/COLOR]

I can't find mine anymore, but as I recall, the printed documentation that came with my player listed the charging current for the X3.

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #4,264 of 5,194
thanks alot, atleast now i have a lead.

I searched this thread, and found this post from someone who replaced the battery:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782912/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/3975#post_12929950

Their link to the aliexpress page selling the battery doesn't work anymore. Regardless, I'd rather buy from a more reputable seller (and since I'm in the US, ideally a US seller). I found this, and while most of the specs look like a good match, the thickness (7mm) is probably too much:

https://chicagodist.com/products/lithium-ion-battery-3-7v-2000mah

I found it interesting that they say this:

"[COLOR=404040]Like most lipos, the batteries we sell do not have thermistors built in. This is why we suggest charging at 1 C or even less - 100 to 500mA is a good rate, and available from any USB port if using a USB-powered charger."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=404040]Does anyone know if the XDuoo X3 includes circuitry to limit the charge amperage? If not, maybe that's why so many people experienced battery issues (and/or maybe the batteries they include weren't reputable). I know I sometimes charged mine with a 2A charging source, and I wonder if my battery would have lasted longer from a 500mA only source.[/COLOR]

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #4,265 of 5,194
  I searched this thread, and found this post from someone who replaced the battery:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782912/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/3975#post_12929950

Their link to the aliexpress page selling the battery doesn't work anymore. Regardless, I'd rather buy from a more reputable seller (and since I'm in the US, ideally a US seller). I found this, and while most of the specs look like a good match, the thickness (7mm) is probably too much:

https://chicagodist.com/products/lithium-ion-battery-3-7v-2000mah

I found it interesting that they say this:

"Like most lipos, the batteries we sell do not have thermistors built in. This is why we suggest charging at 1 C or even less - 100 to 500mA is a good rate, and available from any USB port if using a USB-powered charger."

Does anyone know if the XDuoo X3 includes circuitry to limit the charge amperage? If not, maybe that's why so many people experienced battery issues (and/or maybe the batteries they include weren't reputable). I know I sometimes charged mine with a 2A charging source, and I wonder if my battery would have lasted longer from a 500mA only source.

To follow up to my own post, I've removed the battery that came in mine and measured it - it is 36mm wide, 73mm long (including PCB), and 5mm thick. From what I can tell 5mm is the max thickness, and while the battery could be a few mm longer, the width can't be any bigger than 37mm. My battery is labelled:

E613773 2000mAh
151223 3.7V 7.4Wh

Based on my battery searches so far, I think it's impossible that the battery is really 2000mAh. There's nothing reputable with those dimensions with that capacity. The closest size-wise that will fit that I've found so far is:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/258

It has dimensions of 34mm x 62mm x 5mm and is 1200mAh. Could be a little longer for a bit more capacity, but otherwise it looks like a decent match... my biggest concern though is this: "it is very important that you only use a LiIon/LiPoly constant-voltage/constant-current charger to recharge them and at a rate of 500mA or less." Since I don't know if the XDuoo X3 limits the charge current, it might be necessary to be careful what USB source is used for charging. I'll keep looking and see if I can find anything else, but I haven't turned up anything yet from reputable places (including Mouser).

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #4,267 of 5,194
Hello did someone give you an answer, a friend of mine is trying to use cue files and we both don't know how to do it...

Post the contents of your CUE file here and also make note of the flac or mp3 file name.

The proper way to make CUE file is to rip a cd as one file and have it generate a CUE sheet to list track separations, pre track pause if any, etc.

If you are trying to use CUE like a traditional playlist file you are in for some headache. It can be done but CUE is hardly flexible enough. Youd need all the files in the same directory for starters.

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #4,268 of 5,194
Post the contents of your CUE file here and also make note of the flac or mp3 file name.

The proper way to make CUE file is to rip a cd as one file and have it generate a CUE sheet to list track separations, pre track pause if any, etc.

If you are trying to use CUE like a traditional playlist file you are in for some headache. It can be done but CUE is hardly flexible enough. Youd need all the files in the same directory for starters.
so if I have a files download from the internet with an associate CUE file is no possible to play it in the player. In the main menu you can find a CUE option but when you push it the player says there aren't files found...

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #4,269 of 5,194
so if I have a files download from the internet with an associate CUE file is no possible to play it in the player. In the main menu you can find a CUE option but when you push it the player says there aren't files found...

if your download came with a cue it should work.
x3 stock firmware always  found my cue files. 
did you copy the cue and music file to your player in the same directory?

if you can't get it to work still, do what i said before. open the cue file in notepad and paste the contents here. textedit if you are on mac...

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #4,275 of 5,194
So I have some good news, Penon Audio is a source for a replacement battery! I wasn't entirely happy that the best I'd been able to find was that 1200mAh battery from Adafruit (which wasn't designed specifically for the XDuoo X3, but happened to physically fit and have some of the specs match, but the capacity was lower, the cable connector would have to be re-terminated, and it wasn't clear to me if there'd be a charging issue when supplying greater than 500mAh of charging current).

I had first sent an email to service@xduoo.com about a replacement battery but I didn't get a response. I had also emailed info@rtwhifihouse.com (the listed USA Sales Agent on the XDuoo website) but they said they didn't carry the battery. I had remembered Penon Audio (which is based in Hong Kong) as a reseller that had been mentioned here at Head-Fi before, so I contacted them through their website:

http://penonaudio.com/index.php?route=information/contact

They said they do stock the XDuoo X3 battery for $13, and shipping to where I am in the USA was $4.60. They created an invoice for the purchase via Paypal, and hopefully I'll have a battery soon! I wanted to mention it here for anyone else looking for a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back