XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Sep 13, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #3,901 of 5,194
IDK why so many people say the battery life of the X3 is awful. I traded mine as I was getting to have too many DAPs, but I did about 12 hours of charging before ever turning it on, and I never got less than 10 hours on a charge of actual playtime. I also ran it with dual 200gb cards.

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #3,902 of 5,194
IDK why so many people say the battery life of the X3 is awful. I traded mine as I was getting to have too many DAPs, but I did about 12 hours of charging before ever turning it in, and I never got less than 10 hours on a charge of actual playtime. I also ran it with dual 200gb cards.

How? If there is an secret, please tell me.

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #3,903 of 5,194
How? If there is an secret, please tell me.

There is no secret. To be honest I never tried rockbox on my X3 as I knew it was an incomplete port. My experiences are only with the stock FW. I wish I could help but I really have no insight first hand as to how Rockbox affects battery life in comparison to the stock firmware.

Also, the pre-charging only matters if the battery has not been put to use yet. If you have already turned it on, the extra charge time will not do anything to help: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #3,904 of 5,194
There is no secret. To be honest I never tried rockbox on my X3 as I knew it was an incomplete port. My experiences are only with the stock FW. I wish I could help but I really have no insight first hand as to how Rockbox affects battery life in comparison to the stock firmware.

Also, the pre-charging only matters if the battery has not been put to use yet. If you have already turned it on, the extra charge time will not do anything to help: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Now I get it. Obviously you were talking about Stock FM.
I am already aware that the Rockbox port has issues with battery management. Guess XVortex has not released the source-code. (I haven't kept up with the thread for a while)
I really want to take a look at it.

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #3,908 of 5,194
  does anyone here have gold glamour shots
i can't decide between gold and silver

I have a gold one. I had a close look at it today and noticed that it seems to be losing the gold and becoming more silver. I gave it a good wipe with damp paper towel, in anticipation of trying to take a few photos of it. Then I noticed that the gold color is stronger in the nooks and crannies than it is on the wide open surfaces that I wiped.

I now expect that in a few years time, it will become silver player with goldish rings around the buttons.

Sep 14, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #3,909 of 5,194
@ALL X3 owners with better daps :), how is the LO compared to higher tier daps? I ask this because, I recently started thinking about the Amp mod which one of the FMs here mentioned that they successfully did on Russian forums and found that SQ is now on par with some Astell and Kern model. That claim, if it is half as good, I think, Its worth the risk.

Unless, I got the whole amp thing wrong, the LO on X3 has to be a damn good one for the amp mod to take the SQ to a higher-tier level. Is that correct? So, now, the LO on X3 is comparable to LO or HO of which higher-tier DAPs? I'm not surprised when the FM made that claim because, 1) The dac chip used in X3 is pretty capable and used in many costlier equipment and 2) Noise floor is pretty low on X3 and that might lend to the betterment of SQ.

Sep 14, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #3,910 of 5,194

@jatergb - I have compared LO on X3 to HM901 and HM802u, all run through the home system with floorstanders. The X3, compared to Hifimans, didn't have stage depth and missed quite an amount of microdynamics and a portion of a sub-bass. However, used with the headphone amp, the differences were fas less noticeable. 

Sep 14, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #3,911 of 5,194

@jatergb - I have compared LO on X3 to HM901 and HM802u, all run through the home system with floorstanders. The X3, compared to Hifimans, didn't have stage depth and missed quite an amount of microdynamics and a portion of a sub-bass. However, used with the headphone amp, the differences were fas less noticeable. 

this throws a wrench in my plans but thanks nevertheless! Hoping for more comparisons on this front.

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #3,915 of 5,194
I tried updating to Rockbox, I renamed the wrong file. After I renaming the correct file and upgraded, It gave error: File not found. 
Now my X3 cannot be used.
frown.gif

Anyone can help me to fix the trouble. Appreciate!!

What display on the screen is:
xDuoo X3 Rockbox Boot
Version d312ba8M-1603
Mounting disk...
Loading firmware...
Error: File not found

Users who are viewing this thread

Back