XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jun 7, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #3,376 of 5,194

1) The safest way, in my experience, is to format the card with the free program SD formatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I have win10 and i couldn't format to fat32 with this programm so i said "what the hell" and i started copying with exfat :p
I will check rb later on. Any ideas on how to format fat32 on win10 ?

Go to the xDuoo X3 Rockbox thread.  The first page covers this (post #4 if I remember correctly).

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #3,377 of 5,194
Hello. I have Rockboxed my X3 and I would like to come back to default firmware. No SACD Support on Rockbox
make it not usefull at all for me...
I tried to do as they said on the website :

To uninstall Rockbox and install Stock firmware please:
    1) Download update-back-to-stock.zip to the root of the micro SD-card and rename it to update.zip;
    2) Switch to original firmware and run firmware update;
    3) Good luck with Stock firmware!

And it's just not working. After upgrading is finish it's restarting...... to Rockbox...

Any Idea?
Thank you.

Switch to Original Firmware adn Run Firmware Update, after you hit OK, quickly toggle the lock switch to ON, it should flashed back to original, unless you do this, when restarted it will still goes to rockbox. (actual flashing not happening)

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #3,381 of 5,194
First impressions are quite good !
Especially when paired with Fiio E12 , the result is dynamic and very clean.
Only issue though is the hiss i got when i plugged my sensitive iem sennheiser cx300ii to the headphone out.
It was clearly audible in low volume.
I dodn;t recall having hiss when i plugged directly my fostex t50rp mk3 or the Sennheiser HD598SE . I will check again today.

Also i filled my 128gb microsd with mp3's ans flac files and the reading of the database was fast enough.

Very satisfied so far , should i consider the hiss thing "normal" ?

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #3,382 of 5,194
Wished this could connect to the Mojo.

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #3,383 of 5,194
  First impressions are quite good !
Especially when paired with Fiio E12 , the result is dynamic and very clean.
Only issue though is the hiss i got when i plugged my sensitive iem sennheiser cx300ii to the headphone out.
It was clearly audible in low volume.
I dodn;t recall having hiss when i plugged directly my fostex t50rp mk3 or the Sennheiser HD598SE . I will check again today.

Also i filled my 128gb microsd with mp3's ans flac files and the reading of the database was fast enough.

Very satisfied so far , should i consider the hiss thing "normal" ?

I had the hiss from E12, (very slight) but not from xduoo using the Klispch S4i, I am not sure if it is as sensitive as CX300ii,though. But in that case, u should be hearing a hiss from e12 too. 

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #3,385 of 5,194
I charged my player with my tab's charger which is 1.5Amps. I think I screwed up the battery, With Rockbox, see the time against my battery percentage. I kept skipping to see how fast it was draining ing.! 

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #3,388 of 5,194
  I charged my player with my tab's charger which is 1.5Amps. I think I screwed up the battery, With Rockbox, see the time against my battery percentage. I kept skipping to see how fast it was draining ing.! 

Today, I tried the stock OS, and got no battery drain. Something is wrong with my Rockbox, noticed the same behaviour with Rockbox again. (I played almost 5 hours with stock OS, and battery is still 50 % . The moment, I switched to Rockbox, the tiny symbol next to the battery logo (which looks like a processsor?!) is blinking at times. and now battery drains 1 % every 2 minutes. Switching back to stock, battery is still strong. Anybody have any idea what can be the issue. Something wrong on Rockbox installation. I had lot of crashes on Rockbox the past week. It shows some panic all the time, when I reach at the end of the folder, and if I press the next button further. 

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #3,389 of 5,194
  They'll find their market drying up quick if they don't get on the ball and address the FW issues themselves, because most end-users would never consider RB, because they want to keep their warranty.

Relying on RB to fix FW problems is financial suicide, IMO.

Sadly, this is still one of the few players with reasonable storage and the only one with this storage capacity at a reasonable price, but that won't be enough for the general public who've already decided that streaming and cloud are better than substantial local storage and who won't tolerate crappy firmware at any price.

Edit:  Plus, by taking this course they're really cheesing off their already small niche-market, who can just go to a competitor for similar features or similar price with less FW issues.

No question that they've been penny wise and pound foolish.  Earlier I only recommended the xDuoo X3 if Rockboxed if you were sensitive to pitch errors.  These days I'm not so free with my recommendations.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm happy with mine and use it for out and about.  I still much prefer my desktop > foobar2000 > Modi 2 > G1217 Polaris > Senn HD580 or 600.   My poiint here is that I doubt very much that xDuoo will see any future business from me given how they've handled the whole firmware fiasco.   tony@xDuoo are you listening?

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #3,390 of 5,194
I wrote to Xduoo twice and also tried to contact them via facebook, no response. 
Very disappointing that Xdoo didn't bother answering even if to say 'nope, not gonna fix it' 
I agree that most users won't Rockbox their player, hell most users don't even know about Rockbox (unless they frequent Head-Fi).

I too am pretty satisfied with the Rockboxed X3, the only issue for me is the steep learning curve of rockbox beyond basic functions.
From reading other threads (AK Jr thread for example) problems with FW not being addressed seems to be the norm for a lot of
companies producing DAPs. 
Wish Apple would create a iPod Pro with decent DAC and AMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back