XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 14, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #2,971 of 5,194
Quote:
  Hi Everyone

I just tried to format my 128gb sdxc card with Fat32 Format and received the following error message;

Failed to open device
GetLastError 0=32
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Try format it on Windows first (for me that worked)

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #2,973 of 5,194
Stop searching for "RB", and use the full name! The first link that comes up for me is Rockbox new ports (not the smokes). Under that heading the second thing listed is xduoo x3.

Why would you think I searched for RB ?  I searched for Rock Box, just like everyone else on this planet.

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #2,974 of 5,194
  Hi, thank you and sorry.
Used the search function and also checked the Rockbox page for the Xduoo X3 (including STRG + F) but couldn't find any information.

My apologies - I didn't mean to be critical.  It's just that there have been quite a few posts lately where folks have quite patently not made the effort.  Turns out you're not one of them. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #2,975 of 5,194
  My apologies - I didn't mean to be critical.  It's just that there have been quite a few posts lately where folks have quite patently not made the effort.  Turns out you're not one of them. 
biggrin.gif

I can't even find stuff here on the site, let alone on google, and I consider my search skills pretty good.  We just have to be more patient.
I too get frustrated, and must put on my patience hat (after I take off my dunce cap).

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #2,976 of 5,194
  Quote:
  Hi Everyone

I just tried to format my 128gb sdxc card with Fat32 Format and received the following error message;

Failed to open device
GetLastError 0=32

Any ideas?

Cheers

Try format it on Windows first (for me that worked)

Windows will NOT format a mSD card greater than 32Gb into FAT32.  Go to the Rockbox xDuoo X3 thread and see post #6 for a description of a free utility that WILL work.

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #2,977 of 5,194
I'm not sure what's on the post Bob refers to but I always use EaseUS Partition Manager free version for my formatting needs. You can make any partition size as FAT32 with EaseUS.

Usually I use SDformatter but it'll format >32gb's as exFAT. Good for erasing a card still, but format for fat32 afterwards.

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #2,978 of 5,194

Windows will NOT format a mSD card greater than 32Gb into FAT32.  Go to the Rockbox xDuoo X3 thread and see post #6 for a description of a free utility that WILL work.

I mean to format first in windows into exFAT (to erase everything he had in mSD ) and then format into FAT32 with guiformat.
I had the same issue and that worked for me.

Apr 14, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #2,979 of 5,194
Hi, it's really hard finding someone who can compare the sound of this to Fiio X1 and Fiio X3 in any depth, can anyone help? i have the Fiio X1 and love it, but it's very warm sounding, some say dark (but i don't know what that means haha).

I'm looking for something a bit more neutral with decent sound stage.

Apr 14, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,980 of 5,194
  Hi Everyone

Failed to open device
GetLastError 0=32

Any ideas?

Cheers

Maybe I can help here, as I got same error yesterday :)
I suppose you are formatting to Fat32 using "Ridgecrop Consultant's guiformat.exe" tool in Windows, as suggested by Bob in the X3 Rockbox thread (by the way, Bob: huge thanks for all your great contributions in both X3 threads).

I solved the problem above by closing any open explorer windows and after that pressing the "start" button in the formatting tool. I hope this will fix it for you too.

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #2,982 of 5,194
  Hi, it's really hard finding someone who can compare the sound of this to Fiio X1 and Fiio X3 in any depth, can anyone help?

Have you tried searching this thread with a keyword of FiiO?   
frown.gif

rolleyes.gif
    There's plenty of comparative comments to be viewed.

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #2,984 of 5,194
  Hi, it's really hard finding someone who can compare the sound of this to Fiio X1 and Fiio X3 in any depth, can anyone help? i have the Fiio X1 and love it, but it's very warm sounding, some say dark (but i don't know what that means haha).

I'm looking for something a bit more neutral with decent sound stage.

Quote:
  Have you tried searching this thread with a keyword of FiiO?   
frown.gif

rolleyes.gif
     There's plenty of comparative comments to be viewed.

I am being good : Xduoo X3 sounds better! 
I am being mean : Please go through the thread to find the reason! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back