XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 14, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #2,986 of 5,194
  Hi Bob

When using FAT32 Format you mention having to set 4096 bytes per sector. Is this the Allocation Unit Size setting. Cheers

Yes, as the default setting in many formatting utility programs for the size of the storage device being formatted may not be what will work with Rockbox. 4096 works
biggrin.gif

Tip of the hat to mike305 for first documenting the 4096 issue and EmPathWalker for originally linking the Ridgecrop Consultant's guiformat.exe formatting tool.

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #2,987 of 5,194
  Hi, it's really hard finding someone who can compare the sound of this to Fiio X1 and Fiio X3 in any depth, can anyone help? i have the Fiio X1 and love it, but it's very warm sounding, some say dark (but i don't know what that means haha).

I'm looking for something a bit more neutral with decent sound stage.

I received my X3, three days ago, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Compared to X1 it's more neutral, soundstage is wider than X1, a little bit more than Fiio X3, I don't feel it's better in depth and height, distance between you and the scene is the same. Sense of space around instruments and vocals is way better than X1, on par with Fiio X3. Sound is more detailed than X1, but the sense of fullness with voices is better with X1.

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #2,988 of 5,194
Why would you think I searched for RB ?  I searched for Rock Box, just like everyone else on this planet.

Just for the sake of it I made a Search for 'Rockbox for XDUOO X3' on 'google.co.uk' and, presto, I get on the fourth line 'New ports - Rockbox Technical forums' and on the fifth line 'Home - Rockbox Vortex'. Of course, let's not forget the current HeadFi thread and the sister HeadFi thread dedicated to Rockbox...

I'm not splitting hairs but when I got wind of the XDUOO X3 player this thread had already reached over 70 pages of posts... As I was really interested in low-cost player able to handle HI-RES flac files I immediately started to read the thread from page ONE onwards; maybe I'm socially awkward but I have to make up my mind about anything I purchase or hear or briefly read and in order to do so I use the old art of 'investigation'... With Internet available to (almost) everybody the information is at the tip of one's fingers should one be patient and really interested...

I have no intention to upset or offend anybody with this post and I apologize unreservedly if I have caused any ill feeling.

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #2,989 of 5,194
 I have to make up my mind about anything I purchase or hear or briefly read and in order to do so I use the old art of 'investigation'... With Internet available to (almost) everybody the information is at the tip of one's fingers should one be patient and really interested...

You do what I do.... some call it due diligence.... others research... still others.... well you know what I mean.  Bottom line is that a well informed purchaser makes well advised purchases.  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #2,996 of 5,194
  Quote:
  Have you tried searching this thread with a keyword of FiiO?   
frown.gif

rolleyes.gif
     There's plenty of comparative comments to be viewed.

I am being good : Xduoo X3 sounds better! 
I am being mean : Please go through the thread to find the reason! 

Hi, sorry. As soon as I sent it I thought about doing that and fgound some comparisons, although a lot where vague. Appreciate your reply, thanks

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #2,997 of 5,194
  Hi, sorry. As soon as I sent it I thought about doing that and fgound some comparisons, although a lot where vague. Appreciate your reply, thanks

Some reviewers say the Xd 3 is a bit boring as it is too neutral and thin sounding... would you be able to comment on that? Hearing that kind of makes me think of the experience I had with AKG K550... which were horrendously boring imo.

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #2,999 of 5,194
 If Xduoo ever considered itself a serious company, it should have released a new firmware update/fix longtime ago #JustSaying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back