XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 12, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #2,941 of 5,194
I've just received mine, and am VERY impressed with the level of quality coming out of this DAP. It was already pre-loaded with fm v1.1 and I don't have a plan to change it whatsoever. I have failed to attach the screen protectors on top of the screen. Any other suggestions to protect it? Also, looking for an adequate case/cover other than this "leather" one. Any suggestions? 

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #2,942 of 5,194
I'm using Brando Workshop screen protectors (http://shop.brando.com/ultra_clear_screen_protector.php) left over from my Palm TX cut down to the right size for the X3.  As for cases, that leather one is the only one on the market that I know of.

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #2,943 of 5,194
Basically anything but the stock screen protectors are good. The Brando ones are real nice but I had one from some old Blackberry laying around which has a nice feel to it (the xduoo's stock screen protectors are really sticky on your fingers) which I cut down to size. Would take a picture but there's not really anything to see
wink.gif

Personally still waiting for a non leather case option here, the demand will be there soon enough I'm sure :p

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #2,944 of 5,194
Yeah, looking for a non-leather case myself. I have a couple of glass protectors for my iPhone 6S, thought they are just to thick, but I'm willing to give ém a try.

Thanks!

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #2,945 of 5,194
  Personally still waiting for a non leather case option here, the demand will be there soon enough I'm sure :p

I honestly would have thought a nice silicon case would have been available by now, but.....

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #2,946 of 5,194
  I honestly would have thought a nice silicon case would have been available by now, but.....

Did anyone notce that the CD lines are easily 'scratchable'. I tried drawing a line with my nails( I don't have sharp nails, believe me!!) and now there is permanent mark there! Its prone to scratches. So someone who likes to keep it clean might consider a cover in the beginning. Mine already looks old! 

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #2,947 of 5,194
Did anyone notce that the CD lines are easily 'scratchable'. I tried drawing a line with my nails( I don't have sharp nails, believe me!!) and now there is permanent mark there! Its prone to scratches. So someone who likes to keep it clean might consider a cover in the beginning. Mine already looks old! 

...not surprising seeing as you've deliberately damaged it!

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #2,948 of 5,194
...not surprising seeing as you've deliberately damaged it!

No, I noticed there was few small markings which I didn't make. It always just used to be in my jeans pocket (No rivets or hard surfaces, or keys) and at home/office too it stayed only on my desk with nothing to hurt it. And I was surprised to see some marks all of a sudden. Its seen only from some angles not from straight above. I tried cleaning and didn't work out. So to see how fragile the 'marks' are I did this small test which registered the marking. To say, the sides and back of my player is as good as new. Only the front is prone to scratches. I can see you have the leather cover, so you must not have noticed this. But nothing too bad. Just thought of giving a warning. Anyway, I do not plan to sell this player at any point, so aesthetics is not much of a problem, but I didn't expect it to get scratched this easy. See the picture: Above the screen is what I found as a surprise out of the pocket of my jeans, (the hardest surface there is only the 'cotton stitches of the pocket). The one below the screen is the one which came as a result of my 'test'.! I can add the side backside pictures of my player, to 'prove' that I never manhandled it(except for the test scratch! Normally I do, unless I am not sure about keeping the device. but its too early for xduoo and I sure of keeping the device.)

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #2,950 of 5,194
Xduoo really needs to make silicon shells for this.

No, I noticed there was few small markings which I didn't make. It always just used to be in my jeans pocket (No rivets or hard surfaces, or keys) and at home/office too it stayed only on my desk with nothing to hurt it. And I was surprised to see some marks all of a sudden. Its seen only from some angles not from straight above. I tried cleaning and didn't work out. So to see how fragile the 'marks' are I did this small test which registered the marking. To say, the sides and back of my player is as good as new. Only the front is prone to scratches. I can see you have the leather cover, so you must not have noticed this. But nothing too bad. Just thought of giving a warning. Anyway, I do not plan to sell this player at any point, so aesthetics is not much of a problem, but I didn't expect it to get scratched this easy. See the picture: Above the screen is what I found as a surprise out of the pocket of my jeans, (the hardest surface there is only the 'cotton stitches of the pocket). The one below the screen is the one which came as a result of my 'test'.! I can add the side backside pictures of my player, to 'prove' that I never manhandled it(except for the test scratch! Normally I do, unless I am not sure about keeping the device. but its too early for xduoo and I sure of keeping the device.)

I prefer the japan version , which do not have CD lines (just sand blasted surface) and a red play button.. More nice

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #2,951 of 5,194
  I have failed to attach the screen protectors on top of the screen. Any other suggestions to protect it? 

In my experience, the supplied screen protectors are OK - you just have to attach them back to front, and peel off the "second" film (marked 2, IIRC) first and attach that to the player's screen, and then peel off the "first" film.

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #2,952 of 5,194
  In my experience, the supplied screen protectors are OK - you just have to attach them back to front, and peel off the "second" film (marked 2, IIRC) first and attach that to the player's screen, and then peel off the "first" film.

Too late :)

I will look for additional ones because the mobile glass protection option is just too hard to be modified. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #2,953 of 5,194
I wonder how the X3 perform with headphones between 32 and 80ohm?
Can it drive Grado well?
It will be a lie if I say Ibasso Dx90 can drive Grado at their full potential, I mean, yes, they sound quite good with it, but when I add a portable amp to the line out it's like putting oxygene in a sound space, hard to explain, just feel more lively.

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #2,954 of 5,194
http://era-in-ear.com/products/Kozhanyj-chehol-dlya-XDuooX3-Brown

This is the best "other" option.  I hate that original leather case that my x3 falls out of. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2016-Handmade-genuine-leather-case-for-XDUOO-X3-Digital-Audio-Music-Player-/222083814525?hash=item33b53a147d:g:Q-YAAOSwSzdXDLLI

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #2,955 of 5,194
  To compensate for the lack of protection now, I try to do my own protection for the device.

It is printed on 3D printer, rubber material.
it's not very nice, but it works.
Tell me how you think I can improve it, and will put the final 3D file in open access on http://www.thingiverse.com/.

You can respond here or send me sketches by private message.
(Thank you to use simple vocabulary, you may have guessed, English is not my native language)

Thank you.

Hey ! Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the file ? Has anyone printed this case ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back