XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 1, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #2,791 of 5,194

We'll see how much longer I get until it shuts down.  The factory setup says >10 hours.  I got right around that when first using my X3.

At 10 hours and 45 minutes my X3 run in Rockbox mode finally shut down.  It's now on the AC wall wart charger in xDuoo v1.1 mode. 

So as far as battery life under Rockbox goes... it's as good as if not a tiny bit better than the stock firmware.  Realistically too close to call though.
BTW I did set the Rockbox battery setting to 1500 mAh
wink.gif

We'll see if the "?h ?m" battery display in the LSE5 theme gets fixed after the charge....

Okay, 2 hours 40 minutes to fully recharge using a 5v 0.7a wall wart.  Lit things off and #$%^&* the battery remaining STILL shows as "?h ?m."  What the ?   Anyone know how to get themes to properly show battery life remaining?   Grrrrr....

Apr 1, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #2,792 of 5,194

Okay, 2 hours 40 minutes to fully recharge using a 5v 0.7a wall wart.  Lit things off and #$%^&* the battery remaining STILL shows as "?h ?m."  What the ?   Anyone know how to get themes to properly show battery life remaining?   Grrrrr....

I'm going to chalk it up to a possibly not fully-ported feature, as I can't reproduce this on any of my Rockboxed devices, even if I clear their saved settings & themes.

(For the record I've been too lazy to rockbox my X3 yet, I've been okay with the stock OS thus far... really should have got one sooner)

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #2,793 of 5,194

I'm going to chalk it up to a possibly not fully-ported feature, as I can't reproduce this on any of my Rockboxed devices, even if I clear their saved settings & themes.

I'd agree if other themes with percentage battery indicators also weren't working.   Maybe XVortex or one of his forum mates will chime in.

Oh well....

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #2,794 of 5,194
  I'd agree if other themes with percentage battery indicators also weren't working.   Maybe XVortex or one of his forum mates will chime in.

Oh well....

Aren't you getting percentage on the other themes but not actual time values?

XVortex's word is best but I helped on a  Rockbox port for the Clip many moons ago and am pretty familiar with its inner workings :wink:

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #2,795 of 5,194

Oh well....

Aren't you getting percentage on the other themes but not actual time values?

XVortex's word is best but I helped on a  Rockbox port for the Clip many moons ago and am pretty familiar with its inner workings :wink:

Appreciate a sanity check
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

For example theme LSE1 has a graphic of the battery with bars as well as a numeric percentage next to it.  That works.

But the LSE5 theme has the hour and minute deal under the graphic battery with bars but all it displays are question marks instead of numbers  (?h ?m).

*Images from rockbox.org

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2,796 of 5,194
By the way can any dedicated model RB themes be used or just from certain models? I saw the post where RB is running on an ihifi 770C and it seems to allow album art, which would be great, but also reading about quality issues, I think this one was a better choice.
update: found the themes link on vortex site, Clip version it is..

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #2,798 of 5,194
  By the way can any dedicated model RB themes be used or just from certain models? I saw the post where RB is running on an ihifi 770C and it seems to allow album art, which would be great, but also reading about quality issues, I think this one was a better choice.

XVortex links from his Rockbox port site to the Sansa Clip themes at rockbox.org.  This DAP has a small B&W display and as such isn't optimized to display album art in a theme.  You can view individual album art in B&W in a separate dedicated view.  Don't ask me how as I've forgotten and actually stumbled into it.  But I did see several of my album covers when first exploring my then brand new installed rockbox port.

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #2,799 of 5,194

http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/manual.htm
http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/download.htm

Thanks for posting the links Bob, followed the manual and updated to Rockbox with no issues, gotta say its 1000% better than the stock firmware.  

You're quite welcome.  Glad things went smoothly for you!

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #2,802 of 5,194
  probably just a theme issue? have you tried switching themes?

Oh yeah...lots of them tried and this glitch seems consistent among those themes displaying hours and minutes remaining.

I was wondering if anyone else is seeing a line of pixels on the left hand side of the screen that belongs on the right side of the screen and if there is a work around for this ?

You need to be more specific.  What theme is your X3 using?  Fonts?

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #2,805 of 5,194

Not sure what font I am using but it seems like that there are 2 lines of pixels on the left that belong on the right side

Looking at the available themes on rockbox.org what you're using is Hi-Fi.  I believe it is included now in XVortex's "update" style installation package.  But for those of us who installed rockbox using the bootloader and then updated with each release up to the current 160321, Hi-Fi isn't included in the themes available for browsing.  It would need to be downloaded and added to our X3s.  So unless I add it to my X3 which I really don't want to do, I can't personally verify whether its scrambled on my X3 or not. 

I'm sure somone who did the quick xDuoo firmware update Rockbox installation will come along to sanity check things with this theme.

Regardless it would appear that there is some minor glitch in the port affecting the way some themes are displaying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back