XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 13, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #451 of 5,194
  I did it too....shhh but with a pair of headphones and a portable amp....shhhh shes coming!!!

I had already bought a TT POD T2E and a **** DT2 (awesome & cheap), two mmcx cables, and some whirlwind tips this month... I have headphone amps all over the house that I catch grief for from the Mrs already. I snuck an E12A in the house in July. I got busted for it last week, but I didn't lie when I told her that I had had it for "quite a while." I do point out her new purses and shoes when I need to. We've played this game for over 27 years...

If I get busted for the X3, the storyline will be that it came with Kate's flash memory and Maggie's gym phones...  

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #452 of 5,194
With Fiio x3 I use Patriot LX Series 128GB http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-128GB-Transfer-Speeds-PSF128GMCSDHXC10/dp/B00SNLIG5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447488940&sr=8-1&keywords=patriot+128gb+micro+sd+card&pebp=1447488943672&perid=0G95YSDZNBA9KB4AJC0D

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #453 of 5,194
Thank you guys the responds. A friend of mine lend me a 32gb c10 Kingson and a 32gb c10 Transcendent microSD cards so I can try it out with my x2. And I hope whichever is good for the x2 is good for the x3 too :)

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #455 of 5,194
iBasso DX80 is a lot more expensive, almost x3 more expensive than XDuoo X3, its sound is higher in resolution, the detail retrieval and clarity are strong characteristics of DX80, it can sound somewhat vibrant. The XDuoo still sounds more spacious (as it does over many players) and a little more relaxed, however not warm or veiled like I found in FiiO X3II. iBasso DX80 is better than both FiiO and XDuoo players by quite a margin as its cost suggests.

If I was in your situation I'd probably take the XDuoo as its going to bring the best price to performance out of your current headphones and IEMs, you still have two card slots. Like you said, you don't need all the bells and whistles. If you were wanting to take a $300 - $600+ IEM further (scale it up) I would probably suggest DX80 as it can offer more for IEMs with a higher performance ceiling.

thank you so much for telling us about the dx80 vs the xduoo x3, i would like to ask if in terms on percentage,dx80 could be better than x3 by how much in terms of clarity, soundstage, stereo imaging

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #458 of 5,194
thank you so much for telling us about the dx80 vs the xduoo x3, i would like to ask if in terms on percentage,dx80 could be better than x3 by how much in terms of clarity, soundstage, stereo imaging

From my experience with all DAP's listed on my profile one thing I've learnt in relation to soundstage is more expensive does not always mean more or wider. Take for example XDuoo X2, Colorfly C3, both players <$100 yet thier soundstage is wider than DX90, Pono Player, Cayin N6, DX80, and it's a real shame this isn't the case, I also find this disappointing being a fan of soundstage width.

Same story with XDuoo X3, it's stage to my ears is wider than DX80, but the clarity, layering and detail is about 30% better on DX80, which in audio terms is a decent amount. But one needs to ask themselves thier intended application. Will I notice the advantages of DX80 when I'm listening critically at home? Probably yes, but if I was outside on the go with cars rushing past concentrating on my surroundings the difference may be excusable.

There's so many questions, do you want a touch screen, do you want smaller form factor, maybe you just want sound.

Will receive mine next Tuesday .:)

Great! We look forward to hearing from you!

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #459 of 5,194
From my experience with all DAP's listed on my profile one thing I've learnt in relation to soundstage is more expensive does not always mean more or wider. Take for example XDuoo X2, Colorfly C3, both players <$100 yet thier soundstage is wider than DX90, Pono Player, Cayin N6, DX80, and it's a real shame this isn't the case, I also find this disappointing being a fan of soundstage width.

Same story with XDuoo X3, it's stage to my ears is wider than DX80, but the clarity, layering and detail is about 30% better on DX80, which in audio terms is a decent amount. But one needs to ask themselves thier intended application. Will I notice the advantages of DX80 when I'm listening critically at home? Probably yes, but if I was outside on the go with cars rushing past concentrating on my surroundings the difference may be excusable.

There's so many questions, do you want a touch screen, do you want smaller form factor, maybe you just want sound.
Great! We look forward to hearing from you!

thx so much for ur reply, now i would think that think that paying 3x more isnt worthy to get 30% more clarity

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #460 of 5,194
thx so much for ur reply, now i would think that think that paying 3x more isnt worthy to get 30% more clarity

Ha, ha... unfortunately that's not the way the calculation for this hobby in a lot of times... :)

Once you heard yourselves that 30% differences, and especially with the right song that highlight the difference, in the right time, in the right mood, you maybe change your mind and start to think that 3x the price would still worth it..

As H2O said, 30% is not a small margin in audio world... it even could be everything...

Let me add this... you need to define and try to stay with your target. Looking at your ID "peterlovemusic", I supposed you want to use them to listen to the music because you love to do so. So, try to stick with it. Don't compare equipment too much... otherwise you'll be trapped into "audio lover" world... (hey, nothing's wrong being trapped :) there... but IME, most of audio lovers, stick with 10s of songs to compare equipments, rather than use it to listen to as many songs as possible to expand the music knowledge..)

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #462 of 5,194
Hi , i have just received mine from Penon audio , one question for you guys , i don't know if it cames with a protection preinstalled ? Thanks in advance .

When the player arrives it will have factory protection from the manufacturing process, which is basically a layer of plastic film on the screen, it may even appear to have scratches on it. You would peel this off before applying the supplied screen protector.

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #463 of 5,194
When the player arrives it will have factory protection from the manufacturing process, which is basically a layer of plastic film on the screen, it may even appear to have scratches on it. You would peel this before applying the supplied screen protector.
OK , thanks , it is in charge now , will post my impressions later , for information , it will be paired with the Ibasso P5 Falcon . Regards .

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #464 of 5,194
Ha, ha... unfortunately that's not the way the calculation for this hobby in a lot of times... :)

Once you heard yourselves that 30% differences, and especially with the right song that highlight the difference, in the right time, in the right mood, you maybe change your mind and start to think that 3x the price would still worth it..

As H2O said, 30% is not a small margin in audio world... it even could be everything...

Let me add this... you need to define and try to stay with your target. Looking at your ID "peterlovemusic", I supposed you want to use them to listen to the music because you love to do so. So, try to stick with it. Don't compare equipment too much... otherwise you'll be trapped into "audio lover" world... (hey, nothing's wrong being trapped :) there... but IME, most of audio lovers, stick with 10s of songs to compare equipments, rather than use it to listen to as many songs as possible to expand the music knowledge..)

haha, i have finally found someone to have the same aspiration as i do, i very agree with ur poitn that we should be listening to more genre of music to expand our music knowledge, so i listen from classical to indie rock lol

Nov 16, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #465 of 5,194
haha, i have finally found someone to have the same aspiration as i do, i very agree with ur poitn that we should be listening to more genre of music to expand our music knowledge, so i listen from classical to indie rock lol

Geez..., it's been a long time that I haven't compared Murray Perahia Mozart Piano Sonatas to the Mitsuko Uchida interpretation... 
redface.gif
, so admittedly I'm addicted to audio too... Lucky that I only have limited money to spend for audio 
biggrin.gif

I believe a lot of people here still love music more than comparing  audio...  But lurking around Head-Fi has always been dangerous 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I ordered this XDuoo X3 during the AE 11.11 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back