XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 9, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #406 of 5,194
  I've moved JK1's search for a DAP to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/787116/i-want-a-good-100-player-with-good-build-quality-good-firmware-and-long-battery-life

Thank you good sir! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #407 of 5,194
Hello ladies and gentleman, 

I've just recently purchased the xduoo x3 with trasam ha2 (extreme edition) headphone amplifier from Taobao. I was originally planning to purchase the x3ii from Fiio, but after checking out the tech specs, it seems like both of these DAP's are using the same DAC chip, just that they differ in the opamp department.

Are these the only difference? Have I made a wrong choice to buy the xduoo x3? (This is my first dap btw) My current gear consists of
Audio Technica ATH-A700
Audio Technica ATH-EW9 
Sony XBA-1
Head Direct RE-0 (Amazed that the bugger has survived till now)

And I maybe planing to buy the Fiio EX1 or a Havi b3 pro-1
(EDIT: I went ahead and bought the RE400 in Taobao from 11.11 sale) 
How would they go with the X3 and Trasam?

Will the xduoo x3 and trasam ha2 amp (op2604 *2 op2107 *1) be able to provide a good sound and be sufficient to drive my gear?
I mostly listen to Jazz and female vocal. I like wide soundstage, airy presentations but also lush mids for female vocal. (Sorry if my description is off and sounding weird. I am still a total newbie at audio)

Thank-you

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #409 of 5,194
Havi also has a good synergy with xDuoo X3.
BTW, I can not play DSD files, as mentioned earlier.
What file system do we have to format SD cards? Mine was exFat so probably nothing to do with not playing .dff

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #410 of 5,194
I was quite surprised at the synergy XDuoo X3 had with my Aurisonics ASG-2 as well. 

Also Grado 325e.

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #411 of 5,194
Nov 10, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #412 of 5,194

How about Er4s? 

I did try them actually briefly, they were driven decently although I've heard my ER4S perform better from a sound quality perspective, was not 'overly' impressed. At 100ohms once you've heard ER4S with a decent amp (for example JDS C421) its hard to forget how they can scale. ER4S will sound fine from a Sansa Clip though over my long ownership have heard them being driven and driven well. You always have the line out though if you want to use XDuoo X3 with an amp.

Btw guys, my XDuoo X3 is now out on loan, heading to DJScope for a week or two. Looking forward to him chiming in.

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #415 of 5,194
  Yeah. it's fine but could be better. I don't think it's the x3's power though but rather it's smoother and more polite presentation rather than the er4s being underpowered.

Yeah, more a synergy thing. The synergy stars do not align between these two.

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #416 of 5,194

re
  I have not found a DSD file to test for free as they are all in DSF format it appears but reference DSD as the standard but when obtained they are DSF. I have found this on the XDuoo site though and it looks like DSF is on the cards.

regarding this matter i've already try and email xduoo. this is what i got as answer:

Hi
Sorry, it only supports dff for now, we will work on dsf and try to bring you that function.
Thank you for supporting.

Best Regards,
Tony

ADD:Room F1510,MingYueHuaDu Building, GongHe Industrial Road, XiXiang Town, Bao'an District,ShenZhen,China
Tel:+86/075529799189
Mobile:+86/13926570981
QQ:414351873
Email:service@xduoo.com

so i think it is safe to assume that the feature will be added with a firmware update somewhere in the future

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #417 of 5,194

re

regarding this matter i've already try and email xduoo. this is what i got as answer:

Hi
Sorry, it only supports dff for now, we will work on dsf and try to bring you that function.
Thank you for supporting.

Best Regards,
Tony

ADD:Room F1510,MingYueHuaDu Building, GongHe Industrial Road, XiXiang Town, Bao'an District,ShenZhen,China
Tel:+86/075529799189
Mobile:+86/13926570981
QQ:414351873
Email:service@xduoo.com

so i think it is safe to assume that the feature will be added with a firmware update somewhere in the future

Mine does not play .dff files also, will try later again with different SACD disc. What causes possible?

Nov 10, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #418 of 5,194
I have ready about 9 pages of this thread(but I am at work and have to stop). I have had the X2 for several months and enjoy it. My problem with the X2 was its inability to be able to shuffle between album folders, where I have to just have one card with all the songs jumbled together(firmware v6.0). Anyway my question regarding the X3 is can it easily shuffle a song from one album folder and then go the next random song from another album folder, or do all the songs have to be in one giant folder? Also, how does it compare to the HiSound V 3rd Anniversary aside from the battery life?

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #419 of 5,194
Anyway my question regarding the X3 is can it easily shuffle a song from one album folder and then go the next random song from another album folder, or do all the songs have to be in one giant folder? Also, how does it compare to the HiSound V 3rd Anniversary aside from the battery life?

As i told before, the XDuoo X3 has a Library function and you have a database containing all your song.

On my two 128 GB microsd i have my music stored in a "Music" folder in the form: Artist folder => Album  folder =>  and all my music has been included into the database, over 20.000 files.

Then you just have to select "All Song" function and random play to shuffle through your entire library.

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #420 of 5,194
  As i told before, the XDuoo X3 has a Library function and you have a database containing all your song.

On my two 128 GB microsd i have my music stored in a "Music" folder in the form: Artist folder => Album  folder =>  and all my music has been included into the database, over 20.000 files.

Then you just have to select "All Song" function and random play to shuffle through your entire library.

Great that sounds good to me, thank you for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back