XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Dec 28, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #916 of 5,194
  Ok guys,

I heard back from XDuoo early this morning.

They said...

I made it quite clear its important in needing their quick attention, so we can continue to enjoy XDuoo X3 as intended.

If I hear anything else I will inform everyone.

Thank you for informing us and I hope that guys from xDuoo will fix it ASAP and the representative of xDuoo team will take part in this thread because their absence here makes me think they`re not interested and proactive...

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #917 of 5,194
I finally started using my X3 and had a couple of questions. I have had the X2 for some time and where I would have the X2 with a headphone at a relatively low volume of 5 that are easy to drive, on the X3 to get the same volume(with the same headphone), I have it at 17. I have the gain at +6db. I don't listen at high volume but thought that this was strange. Also do you guys have you DAC filter at high or low?

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #919 of 5,194
  Ok guys,

I heard back from XDuoo early this morning.

They said...

I made it quite clear its important in needing their quick attention, so we can continue to enjoy XDuoo X3 as intended.

If I hear anything else I will inform everyone.

I hope this doesn't become a repeat of what Farsh said happened to his group.  Initial acknowledgement and promises to fix followed by inaction and silence.  So here's hoping :)

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #921 of 5,194

I hope this doesn't become a repeat of what Farsh said happened to his group.  Initial acknowledgement and promises to fix followed by inaction and silence.  So here's hoping :)

<div id="inner-editor"><br class="Apple-interchange-newline">Привет Боб A , так и есть мне прислали точно такой же ответ :" спасибо , мы информированы , мы быстро исправим " , это было месяц назад . И вот вышла прошивка 1.1 , а самая главная проблема не решена . Меня это раздражает эта ложь , и однообразные ответы тех поддержки. Я тоже хотел бы видеть разработчика software на этом форуме . И еще , одна китайская компания выпускает свой DAP на Rockbox , я не буду рекламировать тут эту фирму . Но хочеться донести до главы руководства компании что не надо разрабатывать новый soft когда есть долго проверенный временем Rockbox . Первая причина этой смены soft , это то что плеер уже написан с полным функционалом . Второе для Rockbox создано сотни skins и UI. Третье ваш плеер станет очень популярен , популярность можно набрать как на Sansa Clip + , у вас вырастет доходность и прибыль , на этой модели . Учтите успех Sansa в сто миллионов плееров и больше .</div>

Hi Bob A , and have sent me the exact same answer :" thank you , we informed us as soon as possible " , it was a month ago . And here released firmware 1.1 , but the main problem is not solved . It annoys me the lies , and the monotonous answers of the support. I too would like to see the developer of software on this forum . And yet , one Chinese company produces Rockbox on your DAP , I'm not here to advertise this company . But I want to inform to the head of the company's management that it is not necessary to develop new soft long when there are time-tested Rockbox . The first reason for this shift soft is that the player is already written with full functionality . Second for Rockbox created hundreds of skins and UI. Your third player will become very popular , the popularity score as you can on Sansa Clip + , you will increase the yield and profits on this model . Note the success of the Sansa one hundred million iPods and more .

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #924 of 5,194
To quote Farsh

"one Chinese company produces Rockbox on your DAP"

Unquote

What did you mean, Farsh?

A Chinese company already ported Rockbox onto Xudoo X3 or X2? Would you please PM me the company's name? Thank you.

Perhaps he was referring to Rockbox being available for some Hifiman players?

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #925 of 5,194
Yes!! I know Rockbox will get onto this!! Thank you!!!
I just got my x3 and if it had a 10 band eq and gapless it would be the best dap under 300$. So rockbox could make of this the best portable dap IMO.

It is also true that I don't consider ibasso or even fiio X versions portable enough for me. I have recently tried the Ibasso DX80 and it does sound betters than the xduoo x3, I'd say that using the rock eq settings in the xduoo x2, the x2 does sound better (at least for electronic music). Having said this I think this dap has a lot of potential and it just needs a better OS, gapless and a 10 band eq.

I hope we get rockbox soon!

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #926 of 5,194
Thank you, guys.

I think his real meaning was probably lost in computer translation then. I am aware that developer(s) is starting (but not finish) to port Rockbox to Xduoo X3, which was why I was surprised by what Farsh's translation said.

There are 2-3 "Chinese" DAP that has Rockbox now, including Hifi ET, Hifiman and iBasso (if you count iBasso as Chinese).

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #927 of 5,194
I just received the x3 yesterday and it was charged overnight. This morning it played for like 10 min and stops working, doesn't seem to take charging and couldn’t turn power on. I have tried to charge with USB from PC and AC adapter.  Is this defective?
Thanks in advance and appreciate any of your help.

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #928 of 5,194
  I just received the x3 yesterday and it was charged overnight. This morning it played for like 10 min and stops working, doesn't seem to take charging and couldn’t turn power on. I have tried to charge with USB from PC and AC adapter.  Is this defective?
Thanks in advance and appreciate any of your help.

Did you reset the device (by small pinhole next to card-slots)?
Do you use the proper charging cable? Some charging cables do not pass the current through correctly. That makes it look like a device is charging but it in fact isn't.

Maybe some dust in the charger port?

Mine came charged for some 50+% so several hours of 'juice' inside.
You say the device is new. Since it stops already within 10 mins after charging overnight makes me think there might indeed be something wrong.
Defective battery-cell perhaps.
If so, I hope your seller has quick response.

(PS: my experience with xDuoo is that they don't respond at all at a mail; at least no reply that my mail has been recevied). 

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #930 of 5,194
i received xduoo x3 today, screen protector was a bit of pain to stay "glued" and it will never be perfect without bubbles.

It feels realy sturdy, good weigth.

Can someone see internal memory on osx (macbook) ?

ahah my serial number ends in 000 :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back