XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Dec 26, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #886 of 5,194

Problem was discussed thoroughly in a Russian forum and they had been in contact with Xduoo a while back and the issue was promised to be dealt with in the latest FW but it wasn't!

Of course the X3 should be able to play 16/44 or 24/88/176 correctly!

Hopefully next FW will fix this! Worst case scenario it's a hard ware issue..

I assume that @Farsh is one of the Russian forum members?

Yes I am Russian user , I am the first owner player in Russia . We on the forum have found all the problems you didn't know them . I told the world about these problems . I love my X3 for the sound quality , I proshay to a software error , but I want as quickly as possible what would samuelina fixed.

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #887 of 5,194
I just mailed xDuoo and brought this forum to their attention. I told them about the problems and the developer tips (as gapless play for one) the forum users write about.
And that it would be in their interest to take these signals seriously if they want to get their brand to be taken seriously.
I invited them to take part in discussions. Let's see what this might bring us... Maybe wishful thinking, but who knows....

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #888 of 5,194
I just mailed xDuoo and brought this forum to their attention. I told them about the problems and the developer tips (as gapless play for one) the forum users write about.
And that it would be in their interest to take these signals seriously if they want to get their brand to be taken seriously.
I invited them to take part in discussions. Let's see what this might bring us... Maybe wishful thinking, but who knows....

XDuoo have always been good on communication with the customers you only have to take a look at the X2 thread they modded the firmware on that 6 times! I really dont believe that XDuoo would not be taking note and I know the X3 using Linux opens up loads of options for the player but also opens many pitfalls. I am sure they will reply soon.

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #889 of 5,194
I hope fixing the pitch error on the Xduoo x3 won't cost battery life. I remember Sandisk reduced the pitch error on the Clip+ and it cost some battery life, but to totally eliminate the pitch error in the Sandisk firmware they said would have cost much more battery life.

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #890 of 5,194
Have there been other DAPs that had pitch errors that were solved without creating a battery deficit?

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #891 of 5,194
  Yes I am Russian user , I am the first owner player in Russia . We on the forum have found all the problems you didn't know them . I told the world about these problems . I love my X3 for the sound quality , I proshay to a software error , but I want as quickly as possible what would samuelina fixed.

While I understand your concerns about the pitch error as you can see basically everyone on Head-fi have been happily listening to XDuoo X3 without noticing (that's actually how obvious it is to the human ear), if you hadn't of told us we probably wouldn't have known. As you said yourself you've had to use measurement tools to actually identify the difference. A total of 6 seconds per hour works out around 1 second every 10 minutes which is not dramatic, you're making out the unit plays in slow motion at half speed which is not the case.

I understand you're upset because XDuoo X3 didn't listen to your emails so you've come here, but there's no need to try and blow this thread it up in an attempt to get XDuoo's attention. I have contacted XDuoo personally myself because I have some contacts there, if they can fix the error it will be done in an upcoming firmware date.

For those expecting their players do not be too concerned, the pitch error is barely audible by ear without measuring it (but I have taken appropriate steps to get this fixed for everyone)

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #892 of 5,194

While I understand your concerns about the pitch error as you can see basically everyone on Head-fi have been happily listening to XDuoo X3 without noticing (that's actually how obvious it is to the human ear), if you hadn't of told us we probably wouldn't have known. As you said yourself you've had to use measurement tools to actually detect the difference. A total of 6 seconds per hour works out around 1 second every 10 minutes which is not dramatic, you're making out the unit plays in slow motion at half speed which is not the case.

I understand you're upset because XDuoo X3 didn't listen to your emails so you've come here, but there's no need to try and blow this thread it up in an attempt to get XDuoo's attention. I have contacted XDuoo personally myself because I have some contacts there, if they can fix the error it will be done in an upcoming firmware date.

For those expecting their players do not be too concerned, the pitch error is barely audible by ear without measuring it (but I have taken appropriate steps to get this fixed for everyone)

Huh? Someone else said the player plays 30 seconds slow per hour. Now you are saying the player is only 6 seconds per hour slow? Which is it????? Six seconds per hour is likely unnoticeable to many and not so bad, however 30 seconds per hour is noticeable enough to those with good ears. Six seconds per hour is only .17% and would not be that necessary to fix.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #893 of 5,194
  Huh? Someone else said the player plays 30 seconds slow per hour. Now you are saying the player is only 6 seconds per hour slow? Which is it????? Six seconds per hour is likely unnoticeable to many and not so bad, however 30 seconds per hour is noticeable enough to those with good ears. Six seconds per hour is only .17% and would not be that necessary to fix.

You're absolutely right, it is 30 seconds per hour, I made a mistake after checking the post.

Still there's not much we can do beside wait for a fix (if possible). Anyone who wants to play catch the ball, tit for tat or  become "excited" about the issue won't be getting any replies from me further on. I have taken the correct steps to have it corrected, we'll see what happens.

And apologies to Farsh for mixing up the numbers.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #894 of 5,194
H20Fidelity,

I don't know if your comment about folks becoming "excited" about this issue was aimed at me or not.  Don't care.  JuipterKnight measured 3-4 seconds on a 4 minute song which is a more impactful measure than the 30 seconds per hour Farsh cited.  Regardless being someone who is sensitive to pitch issues, this speed problem will be both noticeable and annoying to me.  So yeah, I'm upset.

Sorry, but I have to ask.  When you say you've taken steps to have it corrected, it'd be nice to know a bit more about how much clout you are able to bring to bear with XDuuo.  Are you connected to the company?

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #895 of 5,194
  H20Fidelity,

I don't know if your comment about folks becoming "excited" about this issue was aimed at me or not. 

Definitely not Bob. 
smile.gif

Quote:
   Sorry, but I have to ask.  When you say you've taken steps to have it corrected, it'd be nice to know a bit more about how much clout you are able to bring to bear with XDuuo.  Are you connected to the company?

I am not affiliated with XDuoo, I have contacts with one person there directly who can perhaps elevate the issue.

Where I went off track today is I originally thought it was a 6 second per hour pitch error, hence my mistaken post above to Farsh. (not 30 seconds) and I apologise for that to everyone. I really hope they can fix it and now completely understand the concern of an otherwise excellent player.

If they can't then we (or I) can't recommend it either.  Hang tight guys, we'll see what they say after the weekend.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #896 of 5,194
Does this problem happens when using the line out also? I am not sure.. Because when I tried several amps via the LO, the speed also changes depending on the amp. At least through my ear..

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #897 of 5,194
H2OFidelity,

Thank you very much for clarifying things.  I sincerely appreciate it!

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #898 of 5,194
The problem is the kind of thing you'll hear once you're aware of it. Like after finding where's Wally in his books, you just know where he is from then on.

Considering XDuoo X3 is Linux based I'm fairly confident they can do something.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #899 of 5,194
Aside from an immediate fix of the pitch problem, if the X3 could be rockboxed that'd be fantastic!   If XDuuo really wanted to get "on the map" this would definately be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back