XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Dec 30, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #931 of 5,194
  i received xduoo x3 today, screen protector was a bit of pain to stay "glued" and it will never be perfect without bubbles.

It feels realy sturdy, good weigth.

Can someone see internal memory on osx (macbook) ?

ahah my serial number ends in 000 :p

I'm right now in contact with some suppliers and informing for custom-made tempered glass screenprotectors; If I get a good quality product I might start selling these things..
It's quite an investment since you have to order quite a few at once, but when demand is ok, it might be interesting.
I'll keep you informed.

Dec 30, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #932 of 5,194
I tried pluging in windows 7 and 8.1 (pc), linux and osx(mac), and nothing shows up(only sdcard if its on device). in windows in device manager i can see there is no errors and something is detected...ingenic file-stor device....

i've tried reset.

any of you experienced this? do i need drivers to access internal memory? is it just plug and play?

Thanks

Dec 30, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #933 of 5,194
I tried pluging in windows 7 and 8.1 (pc), linux and osx(mac), and nothing shows up(only sdcard if its on device). in windows in device manager i can see there is no errors and something is detected...ingenic file-stor device....

i've tried reset.

any of you experienced this? do i need drivers to access internal memory? is it just plug and play?

Thanks
might have something to do with your windows drivers. This happens also very often when you try to access your mobile device when connecting it to your pc.
Try looking into your sytemsettings/configuration. When there is a device with exclamation mark next to it, then a driver is missing. Good luck

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #934 of 5,194
i've tried on my mom and dad's pc and nothing shows up =( 
when that happens device manager shows a warning too.

bugged device perhaps?

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #935 of 5,194

i've tried reset.

Thanks

So the SD card shows up? If that is the case then its fine mine only shows the SD cards inserted into the X3. It does not show in devices and printers for me, I just sync to the card

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #936 of 5,194
So the SD card shows up? If that is the case then its fine mine only shows the SD cards inserted into the X3. It does not show in devices and printers for me, I just sync to the card
I'm certain that using a separate Usb3.0 card reader is far more useful. Much faster write speeds and no hassle with device drivers. If it ain't made for plug&play, don't try to get it working that way... Just save yourself the time and irritation

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #937 of 5,194
i can access sdcards easily, the problem is accessing the internal main memory. isn't it supposed to have 8Gb?

i googled it. fool of me, it doesn't have internal memory =)

Thanks for those fast answers and sorry for bugging you. no 1º april fools by me now xD

Dec 30, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #939 of 5,194
Finally got mine today.   First issue I'm still fighting is the $%^& sticky residue left by the pull tab on the screen protector.  BTW I thought 2 were supposed to come with the X3...I only got one.

Dec 30, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #942 of 5,194
I'm certain that using a separate Usb3.0 card reader is far more useful. Much faster write speeds and no hassle with device drivers. If it ain't made for plug&play, don't try to get it working that way... Just save yourself the time and irritation

Yes I agree but i just plug in the X3 and let Windows media player sync I am not in a rush :)
(Windows 10 MP supports Flac so I am happy)

Dec 30, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #943 of 5,194
I loaded about 9 Gb of music into my 2 SD cards installed in the X3 and then thought to try the desktop's USB 3.0 SD port.  But Windows 7 SP1 64-bit said the cards needed to be formatted before use :frowning2:   Then one of the cards went blank loosing all the files.  So I formatted it and am trying to transfer music from my computer HD to it yet again .  What happened here (other than my wasting about an hour) ?

Dec 30, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #944 of 5,194
  I loaded about 9 Gb of music into my 2 SD cards installed in the X3 and then thought to try the desktop's USB 3.0 SD port .  But Windows 7 SP1 64-bit said the cards needed to be formatted before use :frowning2:   Then one of the cards went blank loosing all the files.  So I formatted it and am trying to transfer music from my computer HD to it yet again .  What happened here (other than my wasting about an hour) ?

On the X3 I keep the SD card plugged into the X3 then the X3 to the pc. When it shows up on Windows format it from there and all worked fine for me

Dec 30, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #945 of 5,194
ndburley,

I hear you.  But at < 3Mb/sec transferring files to the X3 that way, I thought trying the USB 3.0 port might speed things up. 

And for others, no, I don't use windows media player or iTunes.  Recently installed foobar2000 and am still tweaking it.  Use it like I will be the X3 by selecting folders (albums) to play.... no playlists or favorites to compound things for this old man :)  As an aside I just this month ripped my CDs (482 of them) to my computer and have started digitizing my analog vinyl/reel/cassette material.  So this DAP business is fairly new to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back