XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 17, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #4,336 of 5,194
Thanks Dexter, that's surprising about the X10, treble detail is important to me so it pushes the X10 even further back on my list. When it was first announced I was sure it would be everything the X3 is and more, including Rockbox, but it seems not to be so.

It's interesting they didn't reply to Xvortex, I wonder if they realize how important Rockbox has been to the X3. Maybe they want to learn to stand on their own as far as firmware goes, but if so it will probably be better for them than for their users. Oh well.

Given my experience with trying to contact XDuoo about my X3 I don't think they're interested in supporting their own
firmware at all. When there are a lot of criticisms of the X10, and complaints about features it doesn't have (EQ anyone?)
then I'd think they might contact Xvortex. In other words when their firmware shortcomings threaten sales they'll do something
about it (or have someone else like Xvortex fix their problems).

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #4,337 of 5,194

Thanks Dexter, that's surprising about the X10, treble detail is important to me so it pushes the X10 even further back on my list. When it was first announced I was sure it would be everything the X3 is and more, including Rockbox, but it seems not to be so.

It's interesting they didn't reply to Xvortex, I wonder if they realize how important Rockbox has been to the X3. Maybe they want to learn to stand on their own as far as firmware goes, but if so it will probably be better for them than for their users. Oh well.

Given my experience with trying to contact XDuoo about my X3 I don't think they're interested in supporting their own
firmware at all. When there are a lot of criticisms of the X10, and complaints about features it doesn't have (EQ anyone?)
then I'd think they might contact Xvortex. In other words when their firmware shortcomings threaten sales they'll do something

I guess the X3 was just a lucky confluence. The developer's of the AGPtek Rocker seem to be cooperating with Rockbox developers so that's where I'll be looking...

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #4,338 of 5,194
But, now the prices of x3 and x10 are similar,there is nothing wrong in choosing the x10, but if you have x3, no need to change it. X3's can be tuned to x10's sound with an eq. But cannot say that for sure, as I dont have the x3 with me anymore. I am sorry that I gave a wrong sense about x3 better than x10. I meant, treble loudness is more on x3, both flattens nuances in treble region. I kept the fiio x5 2 as a reference point here on those details. But, it all depends on your headphones response. i checked them with a AKG K240, and couldnt notice this part as it already doesnot well to upper treble region. K52, k551(borrowed), ve monk-again same. With B and O H6, i could hear the difference.

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #4,339 of 5,194

haha...more likely they won't even do that. They'll just abandon it, go silent and rush out another half baked new something to crow about.

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #4,345 of 5,194
It seems that x10 is the price of two x3 : 80 and 160€
I paid 105 for the x3 when it first cane out, and 116 for the x10. Link delight is a cool website! I think all the people who bought x3 in the last few months really didnt know about it. At this point, there is no relevance of buying x3. X10 has a readable screen for summer, so worth those few extra $$. X3 is a failure outdoors, plus x3 has pitch error, and inconvience of awitching between rockbox and the normal mode for hi res. But if you have x3, dont have to jump on wasting money, as both has different signatures. And its a matter of prefence. I didnt feel x10 to be a complete upgrade over x3, sonically.

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #4,346 of 5,194
Is the title of the song overly long or have strange characters? I believe I ran into something like that before and shortened the name of the song.

Thank you for the hint!

Although I thought that I had longer (working) filenames, that was not the case. The problematic file was only a few characters longer. So I shortened it a bit and it works fine now.

Another thing that recently came up is that the player won't boot into Rockbox and freeze on the boot screen. I have a feeling that this might be due to some variation in physical SD card "fit" (for lack of a better word). We'll see.

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #4,347 of 5,194
Thank you for the hint!

Although I thought that I had longer (working) filenames, that was not the case. The problematic file was only a few characters longer. So I shortened it a bit and it works fine now.

Another thing that recently came up is that the player won't boot into Rockbox and freeze on the boot screen. I have a feeling that this might be due to some variation in physical SD card "fit" (for lack of a better word). We'll see.

I am glad that worked. What type of card are you using and have you tried to reformat it?

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #4,348 of 5,194
My new X3 Stack.

The amp is not a CMOY...it is XRK971's new Pocket Class A design.  Built it myself.
I love the incredible detail and extension of the X3 yet it always sounded a tad thin to me...
No longer!  I have better dynamic impact and finally a beautiful full-bodied midrange.
Vocals especially, come alive and jump out of the mix with more realism.  Great X3 synergy!
DIY version here   Pre-built version here
k701smile.gif

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #4,349 of 5,194
So, a year and a half ish down the line since I got my X3. Haven't used it in the past few months, and decided to turn it on again today - and that's where the problems started.
Turns on to the rockbox / xduoo splash screen but shuts off straight after. Initially I thought I would let it sit on the charger a while as the battery might be flat. After about 3 hours on the charger it was warm - I took it as a sign that it's charging/charged. But the same thing happens..... Turning it on while it's plugged into the charger it works fine, updates music library, plays files etc, but as soon as the charging cable is pulled out it dies.
Initially I thought maybe it's firmware related, so I flashed stock firmware, same issue after being on the charger for another hour. I then put the original v1.0 firmware on hoping it might fix things....but none of this helped.

So now I'm stuck with a player which works while plugged in, but dies/won't turn on as soon as the charging cable is removed.

A quick search showed that some people may have had similar issues around page 250.

Has anyone come across a similar problem and managed to fix it? Any help is appreciated!

I will shoot off an email to Xduoo, but based on what people are saying I don't have my hopes up for a reply.....

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #4,350 of 5,194
  So, a year and a half ish down the line since I got my X3. Haven't used it in the past few months, and decided to turn it on again today - and that's where the problems started.
Turns on to the rockbox / xduoo splash screen but shuts off straight after. Initially I thought I would let it sit on the charger a while as the battery might be flat. After about 3 hours on the charger it was warm - I took it as a sign that it's charging/charged. But the same thing happens..... Turning it on while it's plugged into the charger it works fine, updates music library, plays files etc, but as soon as the charging cable is pulled out it dies.
Initially I thought maybe it's firmware related, so I flashed stock firmware, same issue after being on the charger for another hour. I then put the original v1.0 firmware on hoping it might fix things....but none of this helped.

So now I'm stuck with a player which works while plugged in, but dies/won't turn on as soon as the charging cable is removed.

A quick search showed that some people may have had similar issues around page 250.

Has anyone come across a similar problem and managed to fix it? Any help is appreciated!

I will shoot off an email to Xduoo, but based on what people are saying I don't have my hopes up for a reply.....

It sounds like the battery may have deep-discharged and been damaged. Search the thread for "battery', I put some information about finding a replacement battery awhile back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back