XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 5, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #4,306 of 5,194

Yep, I had a similar experience.  They claim they have a lifetime warranty in my first email to them.  When I tried to RMA mine there was no response.  I emailed several times.  The company has zero customer support. 
At least mine worked for a few months before dying.  I am also uncertain what to buy.  Not many players at that price point with the same features.  But at the same time, it doesn't matter if the product build quality is garbage.  Would like to hear suggestions for alternative players up to 200USD but ideally less...

I have my eye on the Cayin N3 should I need to buy another DAP
http://www.head-fi.org/t/833932/coming-soon-cayin-n3-hi-res-dap-with-akm4490-dac-apt-x-bluetooth-and-line-usb-coax-out-for-under-200

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #4,307 of 5,194
Mine arrived 2 weeks ago....and it's already broken. I've used it maybe a total of 3 times.

It is completely unresponsive. It won't even charge. When I plug in the charger there is nothing. When I try to reset it there's nothing.

Anyone else having this problem?

I just got these...I don't want to buy another mp3 player so fast. UGHHH

Mine stopped working randomly just after I got it. I had paused it for a few minutes and it powered off. I tried to turn it back on but no dice. the reset and the problem was solved.

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #4,309 of 5,194
Hi, guys.

Just wanna ask if anyone of you have tried pairing up the Xx3 with a Fiio E12A?

I'm currently thinking what to get between the Topping NX3 or E12A as I've read in the latter's thread that its bass boost is more on sub bass unlike the former which boosts the mid bass.

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #4,310 of 5,194
Hi, guys.

Just wanna ask if anyone of you have tried pairing up the Xx3 with a Fiio E12A?

I'm currently thinking what to get between the Topping NX3 or E12A as I've read in the latter's thread that its bass boost is more on sub bass unlike the former which boosts the mid bass.
In my opinion, x3 has subbass, and lacks midbass. Dont know both those amps though

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #4,311 of 5,194
Hello everyone!

I am still enjoying my Xduoo X3 and am getting roughly 11 hours of playback which is OK given sound quality, price etc.

Just yesterday I encountered a weird issue. I ripped an album from CD to FLAC using my standard settings in XLD (which have been working fine for some 200 rips before).

The album has five tracks. The first four play perfectly fine but the fifth won't start. When I skip from 4 to 5, the player goes straight to 1. When I select 5, the player jumps back to file view. All this happens in Rockbox and the stock OS. Updating the database does not help. Erasing the album folder and copying it anew does not fix the problem either.

To my surprise, an ALAC file transcoded from the FLAC file works on my iPhone.

Has anyone here encountered the issue and can help?

Thank you!

Mar 6, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #4,312 of 5,194
Hello everyone!

I am still enjoying my Xduoo X3 and am getting roughly 11 hours of playback which is OK given sound quality, price etc.

Just yesterday I encountered a weird issue. I ripped an album from CD to FLAC using my standard settings in XLD (which have been working fine for some 200 rips before).

The album has five tracks. The first four play perfectly fine but the fifth won't start. When I skip from 4 to 5, the player goes straight to 1. When I select 5, the player jumps back to file view. All this happens in Rockbox and the stock OS. Updating the database does not help. Erasing the album folder and copying it anew does not fix the problem either.

To my surprise, an ALAC file transcoded from the FLAC file works on my iPhone.

Has anyone here encountered the issue and can help?

Thank you!

Is the title of the song overly long or have strange characters? I believe I ran into something like that before and shortened the name of the song.

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #4,315 of 5,194
Really pleased with this player, I've been listening on it for two days now and am amazed by the audio quality of this little device.

I'm used to the iBasso DX90 and the X3 doesn't disapointed me at all, I listen on it with the InEar StageDiver SD-3.

Rockbox was allready prepared on my memory card when I received it and the installation take me about 5 minutes, including the update and the creation of the database.

The UI is fast with a lot of options if you want to play with it, who can most can least !

I dont have encountered any problem at the moment, just enjoying my music.

Finally the great storage, the form factor with a top notch audio and a good finition for the price, make me surprisingly happy with this DAP, just love it :)

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #4,316 of 5,194
Really pleased with this player, I've been listening on it for two days now and am amazed by the audio quality of this little device.

I'm used to the iBasso DX90 and the X3 doesn't disapointed me at all, I listen on it with the InEar StageDiver SD-3.

Rockbox was allready prepared on my memory card when I received it and the installation take me about 5 minutes, including the update and the creation of the database.

If you're running Rockbox be sure to update to the latest version released a couple of days ago. It now has automatic frequency selection for the switch between multiples of 44.1 and 48kHz, which is essential if you don't want some nasty aliasing.

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #4,317 of 5,194
Thanks charleski !

I only use Rockbox and it's done, is really easy to update :wink:

Anyway I have only FLAC at 44khz and the sound is really really good, for me is the best pairing that I could hear for the SD3 at the moment, much better than with the DX90 and my others DAP !

I feel lucky, because I use a lot the SD3 for the fit and isolation i get with this IEM and now it shine with the X3 and Rockbox 
smile.gif

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #4,318 of 5,194
If you're running Rockbox be sure to update to the latest version released a couple of days ago. It now has automatic frequency selection for the switch between multiples of 44.1 and 48kHz, which is essential if you don't want some nasty aliasing.

Cool. I didn't know this feature was in the update. I have never encountered any bugs so I was planning to just stick with the old version. But now I probably will update. Although, I don't know if I actually have anything st 48kHz. Where does one get music st that sample rate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back