XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
May 5, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #3,151 of 5,194
Would any of these be an appropriate replacement battery?   http://tinyurl.com/zpb4qfq
Polymer Li-Ion battery: 3.7V 2000mAh (7.4 Wh, 2A rate) battery - UN38.3 Passed

May 5, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #3,153 of 5,194

Would any of these be an appropriate replacement battery?   http://tinyurl.com/zpb4qfq
Polymer Li-Ion battery: 3.7V 2000mAh (7.4 Wh, 2A rate) battery - UN38.3 Passed

Have you looked at the battery dimensions? They seem wider than the X3.

Ah nutz. 
wink.gif
   Missed that and of course you're right.... wouldn't fit. 

May 5, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #3,154 of 5,194
Was listening to Pink Floyd the other night using my ATH WS99s, Cayin C5 and X3. Hadn't charged the C5 in a while so the battery ran down. So, I just ran the WS99s straight out of the X3. To my surprise, there wasn't much of a drop off in performance. The X3 really paired well with the WS99s for an enjoyable experience.

May 5, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #3,155 of 5,194
Was listening to Pink Floyd the other night using my ATH WS99s, Cayin C5 and X3. Hadn't charged the C5 in a while so the battery ran down. So, I just ran the WS99s straight out of the X3. To my surprise, there wasn't much of a drop off in performance. The X3 really paired well with the WS99s for an enjoyable experience.

It's nice to be able to turf the middleman! I've done that to a large degree with my S5 phone + Zuperdac, as most of my stuff sound stellar on that combo.

May 6, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #3,157 of 5,194
Can anyone speak to whether this DAP properly decodes hires (32-bit) lossy files (MP3, etc.), or whether it dummies all lossy decoding to 16-bit, similar to early Fiio firmwares, resulting in quantized noise being added by the decoder?

This issue was apparently fixed by Fiio eventually, and although I'm very much thinking of getting this DAP over any of the Fiio DAPs, part of my collection is lossy and that's not going to change, so high quality lossy playback is as critical to me as high quality lossless playback, if not more so.

I don't believe this concern is limited to me either (@Marlene), and I imagine that high quality lossy playback is actually quite important in the larger market context beyond the enthusiast market.

In addition, I would guess that xDuoo is very interested in getting adoption within a mainstream context far beyond the scope of the enthusiast market given the price and feature-set, so I hope they agree that high quality lossy playback is very important and that they have equipped the DAP with equally good (32-bit) decoding of lossy and lossless formats that are supported.

If anyone could speak to this concern I would very much appreciate it!

May 6, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #3,158 of 5,194
  I bought mine for that price but  I waited 4 months to recieve it, battery issues 

Sorry, I don't understand. Why did it take 4 months to receive it?

May 6, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #3,159 of 5,194
  Can anyone speak to whether this DAP properly decodes hires (32-bit) lossy files (MP3, etc.), or whether it dummies all lossy decoding to 16-bit, similar to early Fiio firmwares, resulting in quantized noise being added by the decoder?

The decoders are all 32 bit, but I don't think the port to the X3 does more than 16 bit output.  The DSP engine can dither + 3rd order noise shaping though 32 bit, so in practice the difference is probably very small.  Actually I'd be surprised if it really matters for MP3 unless there's some problem with the noise shaper (haven't tested it myself).  

May 7, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #3,161 of 5,194
Never tried it before because I always assumed they needed a stronger amp... but the X3 never fails to impress! I had to turn the volume to around 70 instead of around 50 but it drives the Zen 2.0 very nicely, very impressed still. I love my x3 :)

May 7, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #3,162 of 5,194

Sorry, I don't understand. Why did it take 4 months to receive it?

From what I was told chinese custom or the shipper   refused to shipped it to France because it had a integrated battery or something like that. It got stuck over there and then came back to the sender, who did not tell me what was going on. Besides that the product is worth it 

what made me mad is that I paid extra for faster shipping to europe I should have gone the slower way 

May 7, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #3,165 of 5,194
  How to see the XDUOO X3 microsd slot 2 in Rockbox?

It's been discussed numerous times in the two xDuoo X3 threads.  Rockbox sees mSD1 as internal and mSD2 as external.  My recommendation for file management has always been to revert to the factory firmware mode using the dual boot feature.  As for accessing the files in Rockbox, go to Files, then highlight <microSD1> and press the large play-pause bottom on the lower right.  You'll now see the files in mSD2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back