XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
May 3, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #3,123 of 5,194
Guys, i ordered one more Xduoo X3 to gift to lit bro.
When i was using with my Monk+ yesterday, i felt it's a little under powered.
Obviously i can't company my chord Mojo to X3. 
I wanna know, when should i use than Gain(+6 db) option and also which DAC filter should i use ?
All Xduoo X3 users, if you can share your experience, it will be great help, thank you.

May 3, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #3,124 of 5,194
I wanna know, when should i use than Gain(+6 db) option and also which DAC filter should i use ?
All Xduoo X3 users, if you can share your experience, it will be great help, thank you.

Funny.. I just posted this, and the C3 has a lot less power than the X3 (I think):
http://www.head-fi.org/t/637417/colorfly-c3-discussion-thread/2700_30#post_12552367

May 3, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #3,125 of 5,194

Just get rockbox. It fixes all of this

May 3, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #3,127 of 5,194
after reading 208+ pages of this thread, and the dozen or so on the rockbox thread I've ordered the X3 from TomTop for $89.
Now the waiting begins.

Since my experience has been mostly with ipod & iphones I don't think the Rockbox UI will be too difficult, kind of a first time
DAP.

A couple of questions if I may:
Has anyone played around with OP-Amp rolling as FFarsh suggested? or tried different DAC chip (such as wolfson)?

I wrote to Xduoo to see if they ever corrected the pitch error but I'm not holding my breath.
@XVortex did you send Xduoo the firmware fix for the pitch error? It might move them along in terms of fixing their firmware.
and thanks for the work on the RB port.

May 3, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #3,129 of 5,194
I'm highly interested in the X3. A buddy thinks that maybe the Cowan Plenue D would be a nice player. I'm not familar with Cowan or that player, but I'm looking into it. I do though see that it is 3x the price of the X3 
blink.gif

I notice that there has already been some Plenue D discussion in this thread, so I will be reviewing that. But if anyone has any further comments or comparisons, I'm all ears.

Oh yeah, is it correct that the X3's battery life is approx 8-10 hours? And that it can NOT be charged while being played?

Thanks

May 3, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #3,130 of 5,194
Does anyone know if the X3 can output a digital signal to run other dac's?

May 3, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #3,132 of 5,194
Yes,
I'm highly interested in the X3. A buddy thinks that maybe the Cowan Plenue D would be a nice player. I'm not familar with Cowan or that player, but I'm looking into it. I do though see that it is 3x the price of the X3 :blink:

I notice that there has already been some Plenue D discussion in this thread, so I will be reviewing that. But if anyone has any further comments or comparisons, I'm all ears.

Oh yeah, is it correct that the X3's battery life is approx 8-10 hours? And that it can NOT be charged while being played?

Thanks

Yes, you can play while charging.

May 3, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #3,133 of 5,194
  Xduoo hasn't done anything in months and its frustrating as my fear was/is that they are content on letting the Rockbox port take care of everything. Shame really. Forced me to buy a Cayin C5 N5, which is a huge upgrade anyway, so I'm not that sad :) But X3 was great for me outside of the bugs and hard to see screen.

Is the Cayin N5 also a huge upgrade in SQ in your opinion?

May 3, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #3,134 of 5,194

Is the Cayin N5 also a huge upgrade in SQ in your opinion?

You know, I wouldn't say huge upgrade in sq(sound is subjective) but overall the N5 is a better player IMO. Of course It cost me $300 too. To my ears(which are not audiophile) X3 has a wider soundstage, but N5 is deeper and has more height. Slightly better spacing with N5. N5 bass is also deeper and more thumpy. X3 bass is tighter and more controlled with less extension. Both are pretty smooth up top, but N5 has this attitude/energy that is pretty freaking sweet.

At this point with about 50 hours on the N5, I have nothing to really complain about.

Hopefully Xduoo will fix the pitch issue on there own and fix gapless playback and then I will buy one again. Its size, power and sound combined with 2 slots are really something that is special in this market. Does anybody even compete?

May 3, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #3,135 of 5,194
  You know, I wouldn't say huge upgrade in sq(sound is subjective) but overall the N5 is a better player IMO. Of course It cost me $300 too. To my ears(which are not audiophile) X3 has a wider soundstage, but N5 is deeper and has more height. Slightly better spacing with N5. N5 bass is also deeper and more thumpy. X3 bass is tighter and more controlled with less extension. Both are pretty smooth up top, but N5 has this attitude/energy that is pretty freaking sweet.

At this point with about 50 hours on the N5, I have nothing to really complain about.

Hopefully Xduoo will fix the pitch issue on there own and fix gapless playback and then I will buy one again. Its size, power and sound combined with 2 slots are really something that is special in this market. Does anybody even compete?

Thanks a lot for the input. I'm used to rockbox (on the clip zip) and I would be fine with rockboxing the X3 (so the pitch/gapless issues presumably won't be there for me). My main concern is the SQ, and it seems to be quite decent on the X3 (and even moreso considering the price).

I'm annoyed that I lost my $100 Xuelin 770 because it also had very decent SQ. But the UI is fairly primitive, and I really missed it not having physical buttons. I was getting set on the X3, but got sidetracked finding all of these other presumably great players (Plenue D, Cayin N5 etc) which all seem to be around $300US which is quite a jump.

Anyway, thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back