XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 18, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #2,176 of 5,194
Thanks for your great job. The supported language is only in English for the moment? Some of my song name are in Chinese and Japanese that does not show up. Is there anyway to set the time and date, I manage to adjust hour but not minute.

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #2,181 of 5,194
After tested several song and compare the playback time with my pc running foobar2000, i am glad to tell that the pitch issue in my x3 has gone after rock-boxed.

Great to hear that the pitch error is fixed. :beerchug:

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #2,182 of 5,194
  Beta-version of Rockbox firmware for xDuoo X3 is available at this site in the "Download" section.
There, in the section "Manual", contains flashing instructions. Please read it carefully and strictly follow.

The beta version is functional at 95%, small bugs will be corrected to the extent of testing.

If you want to thank me for the work, there is PayPal USD donation button (upper).
Your donation is much appreciated and will keeps project running and perhaps even expand it to other players.

Enjoy!

thankyou for all your amazing efforts! is there any risk of units getting bricked??

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #2,183 of 5,194
thankyou for all your amazing efforts! is there any risk of units getting bricked??

Absolutely no! Player has a hardware bootloader, completely eliminating brick and allows at any time to restore the factory firmware.
If you can flash the Rockbox, you will be able to restore stock fw the same way.

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #2,187 of 5,194
  Absolutely no! Player has a hardware bootloader, completely eliminating brick and allows at any time to restore the factory firmware.
If you can flash the Rockbox, you will be able to restore stock fw the same way.

First of all, let me just say Thank-you for all the hard work which you have done mate!

Just a few questions though,
Can this be done on Windows 8.1? Or must I install window 7 emulator?

Will the post beta version of the X3 RB support installation from other Windows besides Win7 and XP?

Thank-you 

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #2,188 of 5,194
  First of all, let me just say Thank-you for all the hard work which you have done mate!

Just a few questions though,
Can this be done on Windows 8.1? Or must I install window 7 emulator?

Will the post beta version of the X3 RB support installation from other Windows besides Win7 and XP?

Thank-you 

I just tried with Windows 10,(my ignorance) and nothing happened. The player just bricked for sometime.(was not turning on) I did a reset using the reset pin hole. Its working with the stock. For sometime , I thought I had the first brick! 

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #2,189 of 5,194
Ok this might be me being overly cautious, but, how do you remove rockbox (for whatever reason, not that I think I'd want to) once its installed?

Nevermind me, I poked around the burn tool and found the option to flash the stock .ini

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #2,190 of 5,194

=) thanks very much for the port. will donate a bit soon to show appreciation.

quick question, at this stage, can it cause issues with the sd card. mine's 128gb....I can back it up prior to using and it's used in clip+ rockbox as well ( folder is not on SD for sansa). but bit worried whether it's likely to lead to me having to reformat the card.

finally , can't get the flash tool to do anything on win10.
device definitely boots into usb boot mode.
Установка драйвера jz_usb_boot.inf_amd64_8ef445aa4331134b\jz_usb_boot.inf для экземпляра устройства с ИД USB\VID_601A&PID_4760\7&14E46E20&0&4 завершена со следующим состоянием: 0x0.

but the tool just stays on the initial screen without doing anything ('not write' for all / 0%)

might try this http://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-add-an-XP-Mode-Virtual-Machine-to-Windows-10-or-8-using-Hyper-V-00770 but not sure if it does USB passthrough. (or throw it into a oracle virtualbox VM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back