xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Oct 14, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #2,058 of 2,087
Apr 13, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #2,063 of 2,087
xDuoo x2S! didn't see this coming ... this is an immediate purchase. i actually like the prehistoric display on the X2. mildly excited to hear how it sounds; until i got a ZishanDSD this was always my favourite sounding DAP

I already ordered them :)
Maybe a time to open a new thread, just for the X2S?

Since the Xduoo doesn’t mention any dac chip, I guess itˋs again the RKNanoD chip from Rockchip, as already seen in the Nano D3.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #2,065 of 2,087
Just received them!

Attachments

• 2E41E110-47D9-44FE-B6A5-9476B53CCBBE.jpeg
    2E41E110-47D9-44FE-B6A5-9476B53CCBBE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2644575A-E888-40EE-9DC4-AC5A26E01D16.jpeg
    2644575A-E888-40EE-9DC4-AC5A26E01D16.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
May 26, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #2,067 of 2,087
I haven't used the original X2, but I picked up the new X2S -- couldn't resist the form factor, reminds me of my old Sansa Clip. Here's my review, which also contains a UI walkthrough:

In short, I don't love it. It has some redeeming qualities -- great sound and lots of power -- but a few things that are, for me, dealbreakers. You decide if they matter to you.
  • The device automatically scans a memory card for music. My 128Gb card w/ ~4,000 songs takes literally over 10 minutes to scan (I timed it). There is no option to not scan.
  • Even after it scans, and I browse my music by Artist > Album > Songs, the songs appear in alphabetical order, not ordered by track number. Like what? If I instead browse by folders, I can listen to most albums in order since my filenames start with track numbers... but sometimes even those orders are mixed up.
  • By default, the buttons don't work when the screen is asleep. There's a setting to enable the buttons when the screen is off. But that setting resets itself every time the device powers off. (I recommend auto power-off, or else the battery will drain dead in about 24 hours.)

There are other things that bother me -- font is too large, in some cases I see just 4 letters of a song title before scrolling; there's significant noise floor with IEMs that aren't even that sensitive; the device could use a low gain mode, as it is there's not much room for volume control with IEMs -- but I could live with most of them. The three issues above, however, make it really hard to recommend the device. Maybe a firmware update could address those issues.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #2,068 of 2,087
I haven't used the original X2, but I picked up the new X2S -- couldn't resist the form factor, reminds me of my old Sansa Clip. Here's my review, which also contains a UI walkthrough:

In short, I don't love it. It has some redeeming qualities -- great sound and lots of power -- but a few things that are, for me, dealbreakers. You decide if they matter to you.
  • The device automatically scans a memory card for music. My 128Gb card w/ ~4,000 songs takes literally over 10 minutes to scan (I timed it). There is no option to not scan.
  • Even after it scans, and I browse my music by Artist > Album > Songs, the songs appear in alphabetical order, not ordered by track number. Like what? If I instead browse by folders, I can listen to most albums in order since my filenames start with track numbers... but sometimes even those orders are mixed up.
  • By default, the buttons don't work when the screen is asleep. There's a setting to enable the buttons when the screen is off. But that setting resets itself every time the device powers off. (I recommend auto power-off, or else the battery will drain dead in about 24 hours.)

There are other things that bother me -- font is too large, in some cases I see just 4 letters of a song title before scrolling; there's significant noise floor with IEMs that aren't even that sensitive; the device could use a low gain mode, as it is there's not much room for volume control with IEMs -- but I could live with most of them. The three issues above, however, make it really hard to recommend the device. Maybe a firmware update could address those issues.

Thanks for your review.
I really like the sound and power of this little player.
I mentioned two of your three points to Xduoo and hopefully they are on the case for firmware upgrade.
Mine doesn't automatically scan the sd card when I switch on, nor if I remove and replace when switched off. Takes about three minutes to scan when scanning my 1,800 FLAC files.

May 26, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2,069 of 2,087
Thanks for your review.
I really like the sound and power of this little player.
I mentioned two of your three points to Xduoo and hopefully they are on the case for firmware upgrade.
Mine doesn't automatically scan the sd card when I switch on, nor if I remove and replace when switched off. Takes about three minutes to scan when scanning my 1,800 FLAC files.

Ooh I might try turning the device off next time I have to insert the memory card, good tip. Since the songs don't appear in track order, I don't use the scanned index anyway.

May 28, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #2,070 of 2,087

Showstoppers. Get back to me when they fix all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back