xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Mar 24, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #1,726 of 2,087
Well after 6 months, my X2 finally gave out today. That's really disappointing. I can hear something wiggling inside that is clearly not supposed to be wiggling. Anyone experience the same problem? I'm gonna open it and see if I can do anything about it. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #1,727 of 2,087
  Well after 6 months, my X2 finally gave out today. That's really disappointing. I can hear something wiggling inside that is clearly not supposed to be wiggling. Anyone experience the same problem? I'm gonna open it and see if I can do anything about it. 

That's a shame. Mine seems solid so far but that display pffftt.....

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #1,728 of 2,087
  That's a shame. Mine seems solid so far but that display pffftt.....

It's honestly too bad because too many people in my opinion in this thread have received defective or units that have lasted much less than 1 year with normal use. Had my x2 broke in some other respectable way (such as if it was dropped or crushed or some neglectful way etc) I would have no problem upgrading to an xDuoo X3 and calling it a day because I was so satisfied with the sound quality and amplifier strength in this thing. But now, I really don't think I can trust the xDuoo longevity and brand name. If you look through this entire thread there is more than just one or two people claiming their units burned out which leads me to believe it's just ****ty manufacturing. 

I hope yours lasts a long time though and gives you good use. I thought mine would also last a long time since it appeared 100% and no problems from the beginning. Then one day it just noped out of this world haha. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #1,729 of 2,087
I was so lucky to have it under 1yr warranty that too by local reseller. Already exchanged once. Still have some time left in warranty. I hope for the best though.

X3's durability could be assessed in coming months... Lot of people here have bought it. In case of any issue they would let know via the X3 thread.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #1,732 of 2,087
How is the reliability/durability of the x2 compared to the Colorfly c3?
Also, are the latest x2 with the new improved hardware more reliable than the previous ones (i.e. is the 3rd batch reliability/durability better than the second batch?)

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #1,733 of 2,087
  How is the reliability/durability of the x2 compared to the Colorfly c3?
Also, are the latest x2 with the new improved hardware more reliable than the previous ones (i.e. is the 3rd batch reliability/durability better than the second batch?)

I don't own either, but follow this thread fairly closely. This X2 seems to break and die and suffer from a short life span if what the people reporting here seem to say is true.

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #1,734 of 2,087

I don't own either, but follow this thread fairly closely. This X2 seems to break and die and suffer from a short life span if what the people reporting here seem to say is true.

I've had my X2 for about a month now. Been using it heavily every day and no signs or any problems so far. Seems a solid build with good battery life. Mine came with firmware version 7.0 out the box.

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #1,735 of 2,087
what is the difference between firmware 6 and 6.1? ive read the change log 
1.Changes on the basis of V6.0£¬ increase Lock Key setting function, setting whether need to lock all keys when the screen is off.
  ÔÚV6.0µÄ»ù´¡Éϸü¸Ä£¬Ôö¼ÓËø¼üÉèÖù¦ÄÜ£¬ÉèÖùØÆÁºóÊÇ·ñÐèÒªËøסËùÓа´¼ü.

but when screen off all keys still locked

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #1,736 of 2,087
  what is the difference between firmware 6 and 6.1? ive read the change log 
1.Changes on the basis of V6.0£¬ increase Lock Key setting function, setting whether need to lock all keys when the screen is off.
  ÔÚV6.0µÄ»ù´¡Éϸü¸Ä£¬Ôö¼ÓËø¼üÉèÖù¦ÄÜ£¬ÉèÖùØÆÁºóÊÇ·ñÐèÒªËøסËùÓа´¼ü.

but when screen off all keys still locked

Is there a reason people are still using v6 over v7?

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #1,737 of 2,087
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #1,738 of 2,087
  Many say that V6 FW sound better than V7.

I'll just have to wonder about that then as I'd rather not risk bricking mine just to see if there's possibly a difference in sq. If a 7.1 or 8 comes out however I might go for it :p

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #1,740 of 2,087
I like V5.0 sound - soft and bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back