xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Mar 21, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #1,712 of 2,087
Okay so it looks as though Xduoo X2 has problems with the duplicate invisible files left behind after file transfers using OS X. I deleted the duplicate files using BlueHarvest (http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest) which solved the 'Format Error' messages, but now the files are listed out of order on the device. 

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Drive sort might fix this issue for you... I use it to keep files in order on various players via a windows laptop?

Mar 21, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,714 of 2,087
Gotta love X2's equalizers. Those really put a 'soul' into otherwise okay sounding earphones (as per my taste). 
For example I can't imagine listening to

KZ ZS1 with 'soft' 
KZ ZN1 mini with 'jazz'
Havi B3P1 with 'rock'
Tenore with 'Normal'

the list goes on. 

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #1,715 of 2,087
Okay another thing: does anyone else's X2 occasionally exhibit an audible elextrical drone when the unit is turned on? The noise changes (it kinda modulates) depending on how the unit is held and seems to go away when the unit is reset?

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #1,717 of 2,087
Okay another thing: does anyone else's X2 occasionally exhibit an audible elextrical drone when the unit is turned on? The noise changes (it kinda modulates) depending on how the unit is held and seems to go away when the unit is reset?

Not in case of my X2.

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #1,720 of 2,087
An update: I can reliably reproduce this noise if I place the X2 next to a mobile phone and rub the two devices together. The noise varies from phone to phone but it sounds similar to the sound I remember hearing over a car's radio when a mobile phone receives an SMS when near the receiver. 

I feel like this might be an issue with many other X2 units and not just mine? 

Thanks for all help,

Max

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #1,721 of 2,087
  An update: I can reliably reproduce this noise if I place the X2 next to a mobile phone and rub the two devices together. The noise varies from phone to phone but it sounds similar to the sound I remember hearing over a car's radio when a mobile phone receives an SMS when near the receiver. 

I feel like this might be an issue with many other X2 units and not just mine? 

Thanks for all help,

Max

Did exactly what you have described with iPhone 6s, but couldn't hear anything. Crystal clear sound. So it might be something with your device.

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #1,722 of 2,087
That exact kind of interference appears in my amp, Topping NX1. Occurs due to RF emissions by mobile devices in poorly isolated products. 
Doesn't occur in my X2 though.

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #1,724 of 2,087
It's a shame that the X2 doesn't support .CUE files, especially considering it's marketed as a "lossless" audio player. All my .flac albums show as a single file. Not an absolute deal breaker but it's enough to make me want to upgrade in the near future.

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #1,725 of 2,087

is this a rebrand of X2? Jaben's Hippo Mu looks identical to X2, anyone have tried it?

Seems interesting. Is there any link about it?

I posted about this earlier. I have confirmation from Jaben that it runs and can be upgraded from the X2 Xduoo firmware. Those two micro sd card slots pictured are purely storage, this is NOT a dual slot X2. The proper intergration sd card slot is on the other side. I think the increased thickness of the Mu is purely to do with those storage slots, I'm gonna say I'm pretty confident the insides are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back