xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 4, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #1,532 of 2,087
Just joined the xduoo x2 owners club today after reading all the great info from this thread.
This is my first flac playing dap so really pleased with the sound step up . It is a very real improvement to my trusty lg g2 phone which plays flac ~ just doesnt have much memory left for many music files .
So I can add confidently pass on my recommendations about this brilliant cheap little black box to anyone else out there with tight budget to make the step up unto the DAP world.
Only shoved the micro sd card in earlier tonight and bingo its making my music really clear and engaging. Im currently using a really budget orientated set up. Xduoo x2 powering some Superlux 681s, but wow how China can turn my £70 into such a great sound is beyond me.
I was considering the fiio m3, fiio x1 and colourfly c3 and xduoo x3 but glad I stayed within my budget. Very impressed.

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #1,533 of 2,087
You have two jobs pending right now. Finding some FLAC files that have not been taken from over compressed sources. ABBA is a good example of this. Most of their CDs sound dead. One ABBA Gold CD sounds live and fun to hear. Upgrading your collection will take some time but it is worth it. The other job you have is finding a good set of buds/cans for the price that get along with your DAP. Everyone has an opinion on this topic.

Mine are,

Buds: T-PEOS Altone200.  Under $200.
Cans: Hifiman  HE400S. Under $300.

Welcome to the audio nuthouse.

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #1,534 of 2,087
Well, maybe one day a decent set of Headphone hunt may begin.
The good thing about being a newbie is not knowing how good things can be. And being happy listening to imperfect audio. ...for the timebeing . At the moment its like seeing HD for the frst time.
Thanks for the advice .

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #1,535 of 2,087
Well,i'm a bit disappointed, i transfered all my sansa folders to the xduoo and i have A LOT of "format error" on the flac albums.

I used mp3tag to remove the tag but still, it does not read the file.

I hope i won't have to re-convert all thoses files...

Except that (which is really annoying), the sound is absolutely great, really better than the sansa. 

Any idea how to resolve those problems ?

Edit:

Well apparently, when i copy-cut the folders on the desktop and copy them again in the xduoo, it works. 
gs1000.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #1,541 of 2,087
  Does no one else find it sad and frustrating that the x2 doesn't play/work when it is being charged? I mean that's so ridiculous you can't even use the "budget tier" response as an excuse. 

Are you using a cell phone charger? Players won't play while connected to a computer and a data connection is made, however most will play while charging with a cell phone charger, other USB charger, or with a pc when a power only cable is used.

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,542 of 2,087
I can spend ~€40 on either xDuoo X2 or the now discontinued Sandisk Sansa MX18 aka Clip+ that can be Rockboxed
Should I consider the Sansa option better or not?
I'm referring on both audio quality and overall quality and UI. I will never use any DAC with hard-to-drive IEMs so I don't need extra power just the best audio.

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #1,543 of 2,087
I can spend ~€40 on either xDuoo X2 or the now discontinued Sandisk Sansa MX18 aka Clip+ that can be Rockboxed
I'm referring on both audio quality and overall quality and UI. I will never use any DAC with hard-to-drive IEMs so I don't need extra power just the best audio.

i'm using the X2 with the KZ HDS1 and a dunuu 75ohms adapter to blacken the hiss: in this configuration, imho,  the xduoo is far better than the sansa: wide soundstage, micro-details, and a lot of power ! 

You have to accept a more basic UI for the X2, the use of mp3tags to remove the tags which can be problematics and the use of fat sorter to alphabetically sort the folders.

In my opinion, it worth the trouble.

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #1,544 of 2,087

yeah, I can hear things using the X2 that I just cannot with my clip+ (as good as it is)
you just need to spend a little time and effort working yr tunes out - preferably into folders., I personally don't mind spending time doing that admin, makes me feel part of the product as opposed to a passive user.

Jan 7, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #1,545 of 2,087
  Are you using a cell phone charger? Players won't play while connected to a computer and a data connection is made, however most will play while charging with a cell phone charger, other USB charger, or with a pc when a power only cable is used.

Was using a Nook charger directly plugged into the power. No USB connection to a PC. Weird. It just shows the battery icon and doesn't play anything. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back