xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Dec 8, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #1,396 of 2,087
I just got one of these for my partner, she wanted a cheap mp3 player for her birthday. Before I give it to her I thought I'd have a play around and try to get to grips with it. It seems straight forward enough, but in folder view why are all my tracks in the wrong order? The tracks have numbers in the filename, and also in the ID3 tags. I'm on firmware v7.0. Anyone know how to correct this?

Cheers

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,397 of 2,087
  I just got one of these for my partner, she wanted a cheap mp3 player for her birthday. Before I give it to her I thought I'd have a play around and try to get to grips with it. It seems straight forward enough, but in folder view why are all my tracks in the wrong order? The tracks have numbers in the filename, and also in the ID3 tags. I'm on firmware v7.0. Anyone know how to correct this?

Cheers

The names of the files (if you have 01. or02 etc on the front) or track numbers in Tags has zero to do with the sorting of files or folders on this device....

Hope this helps:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/748909/xduoo-x2-small-lossless-player-with-microsd-and-oled/1335#post_12099215

More than likely if you are on Windows - use a FAT modifier.... I don't use Windows. Otherwise use my method if you're not putting too much music on for her...

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,398 of 2,087
What the hell? When I select a track from folder view, it assigns it a track number based on whatever bizarre rules it uses to organise tracks.

For example, the folder shows the tracks in some random order, so I scroll down and select track 1, but then in the play window it shows that it's track 5.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. It's impossible to play an album in its intended order without going through some ridiculous loading procedure in the link you gave!

Ah man, I feel like an idiot - I can't give her this mp3 player. I should have read more before buying I guess. Oh well, off to Amazon for an NWZE585 I guess.

Anyone want to buy an xDuoo X2? :frowning2:)

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #1,399 of 2,087
  What the hell? When I select a track from folder view, it assigns it a track number based on whatever bizarre rules it uses to organise tracks.

For example, the folder shows the tracks in some random order, so I scroll down and select track 1, but then in the play window it shows that it's track 5.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. It's impossible to play an album in its intended order without going through some ridiculous loading procedure in the link you gave!

Ah man, I feel like an idiot - I can't give her this mp3 player. I should have read more before buying I guess. Oh well, off to Amazon for an NWZE585 I guess.

Anyone want to buy an xDuoo X2? :frowning2:)

Try just copying the folder over using copy and paste i did find with the X2 using musicbee or media player it pushed it out of order. Also did you do a firmware update?

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #1,400 of 2,087
Yeah did copy everything over with copy and paste, rather than any 3rd party software. The player is on v7.0 which according to their website it the latest version. It's a shame because it sounded pretty good in my cans, but the out-of-order album plays would drive her (and me) crazy. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #1,402 of 2,087
Yep of course. The albums show in alphabetical order, but the tracks inside show in a random order. 7, 9, 4, 10, 8, 1, 5 etc. When I select, for example, 09 - The sweetest Victory.mp3 the player shows that it's actually playing track 2, since that's the position the player has put it in the folder. This means I cannot listen to an album in order, because the next track it plays is actually track 4, yet the screen will display it as track 3, because it's next in the random sequence.

I'm willing to accept that I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,403 of 2,087
  Yep of course. The albums show in alphabetical order, but the tracks inside show in a random order. 7, 9, 4, 10, 8, 1, 5 etc. When I select, for example, 09 - The sweetest Victory.mp3 the player shows that it's actually playing track 2, since that's the position the player has put it in the folder. This means I cannot listen to an album in order, because the next track it plays is actually track 4, yet the screen will display it as track 3, because it's next in the random sequence.

I'm willing to accept that I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. 

I don't think you are doing anything wrong and I wish I still had mine to experiment on for you. I know i was happy using version 2 of the firmware and a lot of people prefered version 6. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #1,404 of 2,087

I'd love for you to try something out of curiosity, Really simple. If you don't think it's worth it then no worries.

Format the SD card (you can do this in the X2)

DO NOT CONNECT THE X2 to the computer to do all the transferring - REMOVE THE SD CARD FROM THE X2 - make sure the SD card is on it's own in your computer some how.

In the root of the SD card - YOU CREATE a folder.

call it anything you want (since this is just a test)

now - drag all the songs from an album on your computer - into that folder.

ONLY DRAG THE SONGS - not the folder they are in on your computer.

Now put the SD card into the player - did they play in order?

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #1,405 of 2,087
Hi McGilli, Thanks very much for the suggestion but I'm afraid the player is now sold and packaged up ready to go. I don't want to unpack it all again as it's going to the Post Office this morning on my way to work.

Now I need to find a suitable replacement before the 16th. She wanted something cheap in case she loses it, so it might be a Sandisk Clip Sport, but I don't know :/

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #1,407 of 2,087
  Hi McGilli, Thanks very much for the suggestion but I'm afraid the player is now sold and packaged up ready to go. I don't want to unpack it all again as it's going to the Post Office this morning on my way to work.

Now I need to find a suitable replacement before the 16th. She wanted something cheap in case she loses it, so it might be a Sandisk Clip Sport, but I don't know :/

FAT Sorter?

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #1,408 of 2,087

The Clip Sport has nice sound quality, however its database is limited to 2,000 songs for the internal memory, and 2,000 songs for card memory. The songs on internal memory are in a separate database from those on card memory. There is an experimental firmware that allows each database to hold up to around 4,000 songs, however it sorts using fewer charachters. The Clip Sport sorts the songs within a folder based on the time they arrive arrive at the player. So the songs in an album will be in order if transferred an album at a time from the pc, but not if songs are added later. They will always play in order though based on track number(except for the very early first firmware for the player) when played through the database menu. The Clip Sport has FM radio, and a built in clip that is larger and stronger than previous Sandisk Clip players. Earlier Clip players had issues with cards faster than class 4. That might also be the case for the Clip Sport. I have only used the Clip Sport with class 4 cards. Sandisk class 4 cards are suggested for maximum compatibility, as other brands of 32GB class 4 cards might even give issues.

To summarize, the Clip Sport is best suited for those with smaller amounts of music. I have not tried the experimental firmware providing up to a 4,000 song database for each, internal and card memories. I limit the songs on the player to under 2,000 for each of internal memory and card memory. The Clip Sport is listed as having 24 hour battery life for mp3 files, but much less for other formats. I use only mp3 files on it. I have not tested the battery life I get. Keeping the display brightness set low and the display time set short makes a big difference as far as battery life. The player has Go lists that are playlists that can be made on the player. Only one song at a time can be added to them though. 

PS-I looked at the Xduoo X2 product page, and found the bottom of the page, below where it says Application Scenarios to be quite humurous. I wonder if it was intended to be. 

http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/EnProductShow.asp?ID=60

Dec 11, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #1,409 of 2,087
  Buyer can open a dispute after 10 days.
PS Problem with  happyeasybuy03?

yeah that's the seller.

This is very annoying. I should write a message to the seller and demand proof of shipping it other than fake tracking number. (Most likely they have not shipped it?) Also they still take new orders and try to trick new customers!

My friend has just been asked by happyeasybuy03 to open a dispute so they can refund. It was the amp and X2 bundle. This seller has left it nearly a month before requesting this. Yes he will get his money back but this is really poor as they left it so long to tell him they never had the stock!

Back to the story of Aliexpress happyeasy03 seller, famous for the fake tracking numbers on 11.11. Opened the dispute with the seller, and immediately ordered X2 from another vendor Bright Electronics. The player already arrived, have been playing with my new toy yesterday the whole day. 
All of a sudden today, exactly one month after the first order with a fake number, received X2 from the happyeasy03  
eek.gif
. It came without the micro sd card gift, but the player came....The seller apparently sent the fake tracking numbers to win on time. 
So ended up with double X2s. One of them probably going away as a holiday gift.

On another note: did anyone play with the backlight settings of X2? Does it affect much the battery life?

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #1,410 of 2,087
  On another note: did anyone play with the backlight settings of X2? Does it affect much the battery life?

When i first got mine i left the back light on at work all day and the battery was done in about 7 hours. I have it set to 15 now and the battery life is much better. Closer to 20 hours. You need to use the middle button to turnthe screen back on to switch songs or change volume but i dont find that to be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back