xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Dec 1, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,381 of 2,087

I think he meant the Xduoo X2 vs. Xduoo X3 and not the Fiio X3ii ?  

IMO the Xduoo X3 is in most way almost a step up from X2 and current prices aren't double any longer. More refined, better balanced in sound quality (sound stage and treble in particular). Improved GUI, albeit still not everyone's flavor, increased memory/expansion, plays more formats, even 24/192 if needed.. Line out... Overall improved usability/functionality/sound quality and for around $40 more...at recent sales.. posted on the X3 thread..

Actually prices are more than triple lately.Last few weeks there were 3 reputable sellers in AliExpress selling Xduoo X2 for $36.Bought mine for $29.5 - $0.5 mobile app discount plus $6 coupon .
Also bought xDuoo XQ-10 for $13.44 (mobile app discount+$10 coupon) and Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 for $17.Total $59.94 - can't beat that price 
biggrin.gif

Hope this cheap combo will pair well with my BeoPlay H6 and Xiaomi Mi headphones.

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #1,382 of 2,087
Anyone have any suggestions?

After using my X2 for around a month now -  my biggest gripe has to do with volume. I'm on FW 7 right now.

Basically - the lowest volume setting (1)  is just way too loud. 

I'm wondering if anyone knows if on any of the different firmware versions - the volume levels are different at all?

I'd love for the (1) volume to be 1/4 of what it is.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Sony PCM-D100 which has an analog volume wheel and can go so incredibly low.

Is this a headphone thing? Sony MDR-1R.

I like to listen to music while falling asleep and I occasionally lower the volume until it's just barely audible before removing headphones - but just can't do it with the X2 :frowning2:

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #1,383 of 2,087
  Just bought my X2 from AliExpress
smile.gif
 Guys are you sure i'll be able to use my Samsung 64GB EVO Micro SD card? I was told by the seller i should buy 32GB, because xDuoo X2 supports cards up to 32 gigs.Tnx in advance

Nice work with Lexar 64GB x300 over 8 mounths. 
Good work with Team Group 64GB x300 over 3 weeks.

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,384 of 2,087
  Anyone have any suggestions?

After using my X2 for around a month now -  my biggest gripe has to do with volume. I'm on FW 7 right now.

Basically - the lowest volume setting (1)  is just way too loud. 

I'm wondering if anyone knows if on any of the different firmware versions - the volume levels are different at all?

I'd love for the (1) volume to be 1/4 of what it is.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Sony PCM-D100 which has an analog volume wheel and can go so incredibly low.

Is this a headphone thing? Sony MDR-1R.

I like to listen to music while falling asleep and I occasionally lower the volume until it's just barely audible before removing headphones - but just can't do it with the X2 :frowning2:

no magic solution here. I'm the same as you, most of my IEMs are very sensitive and I like to listen at quiet volume levels. which is simply impossible on the X2.
the answer is to get a less sensitive IEM, or if you got a DIYer in you, you could play around with resistors, adding a pair in series(then the signature will change because of the sony's impedance curve, creating a more or less significant 100hz boost depending on the resistors value), or make a voltage divider that will merely waste some energy and give you a lower loudness.

this is the one reason why I gave my X2 to someone else. all I can do with a soldering iron is burn down my house, no DIY ability in me
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #1,386 of 2,087
Hi,I have also a FIIO X5 with many DSD files but, when I'm on fitness or relax out of home, I use to hear music with less than 90€.... Xduoo X2 35€+Ampli ToppingNX1 28€+Granvela V1 earphone with double drivers 27€!!! For me greater sound for this budget..

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #1,389 of 2,087

Almost Snap. Amazing budget setup . Got an X3 on the way looking fwd to the comparison :slight_smile:

I have just sold an X3 first serie, I didn't like buttons but the dound was amazing. Now I have an X5 that I like much, I had also an E12 but the sound didn'like me very much so I bought an Fiio Q1 dac amp, I use it in usb otg with my Smartphone and Onkyo Player app.

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,393 of 2,087
that's annoying it beat me to it. I have a uk amazon store and was planning on selling them.

Maybe get some XDuoo X3's in they are not around at the moment? Its just nice to see something over in the UK to buy had to wait ages to get them just like my Little Bear B1 for example. There are some good products in the sound market from China just a shame that they dont make it to the UK stores.

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,394 of 2,087
Maybe get some XDuoo X3's in they are not around at the moment? Its just nice to see something over in the UK to buy had to wait ages to get them just like my Little Bear B1 for example. There are some good products in the sound market from China just a shame that they dont make it to the UK stores.

Guys that seller "andoer " is from the USA. Thats who I've ordered my X3 from . So yr still good to go!!

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,395 of 2,087
Hi,I have also a FIIO X5 with many DSD files but, when I'm on fitness or relax out of home, I use to hear music with less than 90€.... Xduoo X2 35€+Ampli ToppingNX1 28€+Granvela V1 earphone with double drivers 27€!!! For me greater sound for this budget..

xDuoo X2+Topping NX1+Good Cable+Tennmak DIY IE800 with titanium coated driver for relax
xDuoo X2+Topping NX1+Good Cable+Tennmak Dulcimer for metall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back