xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Apr 27, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #662 of 2,087
  Finally I received my xDuoo x2 :)
I have to say that this is fantastic player. I had previously clip+ but xDuoo have much bettery soundstage in my opinion.

BTW. If someone looking for european distributor I recommend audioheaven.eu from Poland. I paid 50 euro + 5 euro priority registry mail to Germany. Good communication, european 12 month warranty and very fast shipping (3 days). Couple euro more than from aliexpress but I think that is worth.

I am looking at their website but I don't see an online shop. Did you order through allegro.pl?

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #664 of 2,087
Finally received my xDuoo x2 this week and wanted to post a few quick impressions, and to find out what iems and headphones others are using with the x2. My general impression with the player is that it is well built and punches far above the belt in sound quality for the price. Only real let down here is that there is no shuffle across numerous folders - may have to rearrange my cards to achieve that. The x2 seems to really change in sound characteristic depending on what is plugged into it (see brief notes below).

I have listened to the following iems or headphones plugged into the x2.

Poor Synergy (to me)
Etymotic ER4S and HF5 (both have less bass than is normal with the Etys)
Xioami Piston 2 (too boomy and muddy)
Meelec A151 (midrange is missing)

Less than ideal
Sennheiser HD25ii (I am going to revisit this one. The x2 should drive this well, but it seemed to lack.)

Good Synergy
Koss Portapro
Soundmagic E10 (lacked some detail)
JVC FXD80 (best synergy of the bunch, tamed normally very-forward JVCs into something that is a pleasure to listen to with great detail)

Any other recommended iems or headphones for the x2??

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #665 of 2,087
Finally received my xDuoo x2 this week and wanted to post a few quick impressions, and to find out what iems and headphones others are using with the x2. My general impression with the player is that it is well built and punches far above the belt in sound quality for the price. Only real let down here is that there is no shuffle across numerous folders - may have to rearrange my cards to achieve that. The x2 seems to really change in sound characteristic depending on what is plugged into it (see brief notes below).

I have listened to the following iems or headphones plugged into the x2.

Poor Synergy (to me)
Etymotic ER4S and HF5 (both have less bass than is normal with the Etys)
Xioami Piston 2 (too boomy and muddy)
Meelec A151 (midrange is missing)

Less than ideal
Sennheiser HD25ii (I am going to revisit this one. The x2 should drive this well, but it seemed to lack.)

Good Synergy
Koss Portapro
Soundmagic E10 (lacked some detail)
JVC FXD80 (best synergy of the bunch, tamed normally very-forward JVCs into something that is a pleasure to listen to with great detail)

What other source are you comparing this to? Also what version of the a151 are you using?

Apr 29, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #667 of 2,087

iRiver ICP-AT500

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #668 of 2,087
Hey Guys!

I'm to buy this little player and would like to find a good IEM for it.
What do you think about pairing the XDuoo X2 with the following?

Price range 1:
SoundMagic E30,
MEElec M6 PRO

Price range 2:
SoundMagic ES18,
which MEElec IEM from this price range would be fine?

Do you have any experience with them?

Thanks!

May 4, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #675 of 2,087
Yes, just you have to leave all the songs in the root or in the same folder.

OK well that won't work as I have everything organized in nested folders by artist then album...
fw. 5.0.
Play Mode>Repeat All

This shuffles the files?

Edit: Is there a way to "lock" the keys? Also is there any cases out there for this player? I Google searched it but no results...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back